Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans looking to get a top 5 pick?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this dude a baseball insider who lives in England? That's what his bio says at least.

I believe that with the proper training, bringing him along slowly and not rushing his development, he's the best player on this draft hands down. It may take some time, but to me it's worth if it means develop a 20 year old 7-footer into a star. He can be the Tim Duncan of our David Robinson, if, of course, we somehow are able to land him. Don't see him as an Oden type by no means.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I'll bet my kid's tuition on a pre-draft rumor. And my wife Megan Good's wedding ring.

And my exact replicas of monster trucks Bigfoot and Gravedigger.
    Last edited by Eman5805; 06-20-2014 at 08:56 PM.

Maybe he thinks Tyreke can play point full time.

In my humble opinion...

this is all a load of crap, just saying. some rando with no credibility tweets we are trying to get in top five? I believed the earlier rumors that we were trying to get a pick later on and then package that in another deal because that actually makes sense and is doable but this sounds ridiculous
    never assume

Vonley or Gordon???? We have 2 stud PF's, i don't get it...

thats like the pacers trying to trade up for wiggins or the thunder for jabari...

Gordon reminds me a lot of Blake Griffin.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

I just can't imagine us going after a top 5 pick unless it's to make a move for a big name FA. Melo/LBJ/Love. Hence, I can't see us going after a top 5 pick.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Ditto
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

If we move into the top 5 it has to be for either wiggins, parker or embiid, if one of them drops, it'll be a trade during the draft

reminds me of blake griffin/kenneth farried type

He's more of a Shawn Marion type.

I'd give up pretty much anything for Noah Vonleh.

We would have the most talented young frontcourt in the league by far.

He could play center; hence, appeasing Davis.

Having two guys who can play center with 7'5" wingspans, but are coordinated enough to play PF is probably a good start to building a winning franchise.

ecspecially when they are both under 21

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    I'd give up pretty much anything for Noah Vonleh.

We would have the most talented young frontcourt in the league by far.

He could play center; hence, appeasing Davis.

Having two guys who can play center with 7'5" wingspans, but are coordinated enough to play PF is probably a good start to building a winning franchise.

ecspecially when they are both under 21
    I think Vonleh is my 4th favorite prospect.

Yeah, Vonleh seems like he is going to be a baller.

You know, say this were true, it would only make sense when Dell acquired Holliday and Tyreke last year, that the FO had a fallback plan.

Noel wasn't healthy and too similar to Davis. Embid could rightfully have an injury plagued career. Gordon can't play center, nor make FT's!!!

If we were to move back in and get Noah Vonleh, Dell would be a freaggin genius.

heck i'd give up gordon, anderson and either tyreke or jrue plus picks

Same here.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Noah Vonleh is pretty decent though.

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    You know, say this were true, it would only make sense when Dell acquired Holliday and Tyreke last year, that the FO had a fallback plan.

Noel wasn't healthy and too similar to Davis. Embid could rightfully have an injury plagued career. Gordon can't play center, nor make FT's!!!

If we were to move back in and get Noah Vonleh, Dell would be a freaggin genius.

heck i'd give up gordon, anderson and either tyreke or jrue plus picks
    With all the respect I have to give to you and your thoughts and opinions, I'm very happy that you are not our GM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    OMG what...if it's a part of another trade like last year? I mean I don't want Gordon but motif it costs us a possible Embiid or Parker....*crosses fingers*

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

So we are just gonna ignore that this tweet came from somebody who has no track record in the NBA and that is beyond unlikely? This thread is just going to continue on until Thursday, with everyone getting their hopes up and then nothing close to this comes to fruition.

Then, Dell has a solid offseason, but doesn't pull a miracle out of thin air and folks are disappointed because they got all excited about rumors that couldn't possibly happen in any realistic world.

Ugh.
    @mcnamara247

I have really been looking forward to this offseason. But I hate all these rumors, because most of them aren't true. But maybe my dream of drafting Parker is still alive. Would love to have a couple kids from the state of Illinois lead the Pelicans to a title.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    So we are just gonna ignore that this tweet came from somebody who has no track record in the NBA and that is beyond unlikely? This thread is just going to continue on until Thursday, with everyone getting their hopes up and then nothing close to this comes to fruition.

Then, Dell has a solid offseason, but doesn't pull a miracle out of thin air and folks are disappointed because they got all excited about rumors that couldn't possibly happen in any realistic world.

Ugh.
    This.

But in sports I never get too excited until something happens. I compare the NBA offseason to college basketball recruiting. Very Very similar anymore.

Ignoring it would be the logical thing to do, but not near as much fun. Isn't talking about rumors part of the purpose of these types of forums? BTW, the rumor is completely illogical.

Thread Information