Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans looking to get a top 5 pick?

Rumor Pelicans looking to get a top 5 pick?

Expect the Pelicans to trade up into the top-5

https://twitter.com/OllieUKEZ/status/480121153105952768

Source from Boston: "The Pelicans are working to get into the top-5. They're looking to leapfrog those of us with similar targets"

https://twitter.com/OllieUKEZ/status/480122402622701568

I'm getting scared

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Interesting. I assume the process is similar to most NFL teams, where they're targeting a specific player. Center and SF are our biggest wants/needs...

QUICK! EVERYONE JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    Looking to steal Embiid?

Rumor
    people in hell want ice water

trade holiday and change for the #4 pick (orlando); trade #4 pick, ryno, gordon for love and martin

i'm just throwing things out there

Idk kind of fishy this guy just started following a bunch of Pels people and then tweets that. But then who knows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

What does Boston get by spreading this? Some roundabout way to get Rivers?

This is pretty far fetched, and judging by the source it likely isn't credible. If Jrue was involved in a trade, then the FO is admitting they made a mistake which annoys me greatly.

Quote Originally Posted by thisisnola View Post
    Idk kind of fishy this guy just started following a bunch of Pels people and then tweets that. But then who knows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    From Kennedy a few hours ago:

Alex Kennedy ✔ @AlexKennedyNBA

"Rival executives expect the New Orleans Pelicans to be very active this offseason. "Keep an eye on them in draft, trades and FA," says a GM."

This source is far from credible. Why is this even on here.

Hmm seems like smoke screens for what they're really targeting

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Hmm seems like smoke screens for what they're really targeting
    Secrets and lies, man. Secrets and lies.

We're probably looking to trade for another Tyreke Evans or Jrue Holiday thing. Young, but experienced player that we don't expect is even available.

Perhaps someone who has gone bananas vs us in the past as Demps and Monty have a Sean Payton-esque bit of...well, not nepotism. But they put high value on players that give them fits as opponents.

So who is like that? Plays SF or center...youngish, but with experience?

Rudy Gay and his damn near $20 million expiring?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicantoo View Post
    From Kennedy a few hours ago:

Alex Kennedy ✔ @AlexKennedyNBA

"Rival executives expect the New Orleans Pelicans to be very active this offseason. "Keep an eye on them in draft, trades and FA," says a GM."
    Dealer Dell gonna do work again this summer
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

I normally wouldn't think anything of this, but the prior Alex Kennedy tweet from earlier today makes you think that at least some discussion of some major move is taken place, and not just some simple role player moves.

More from the Random:

Ollie Connolly ‏@OllieUKEZ 9m

With regards to the Pelicans moving up - the expected targets are; Embiid, Gordon and Vonleh

He also claims he was the first to report the Blatt signing. I don't have the energy to research it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    Looking to steal Embiid?
    The only actual pick I can see is Wiggins. Embid is too big of a risk with his injuries and would take too long to develop if he did work out.

Aaron Gordon would make me sad.

Do not want Gordon. Embiid would be another Greg Oden. It would be awesome to get Jabari Parker though. I don't think the Pelicans have enough pieces to move up in the top 5 though.

I don't want Gordon Embiid or Vonleh

If we somehow could steal embiid, look out! Kid is a star in the making, just had a setback, but to me is the best player of this class... pair him with davis and that's the best frontcourt of the league for years! just wish it was minimally credible...

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa Brazil View Post
    If we somehow could steal embiid, look out! Kid is a star in the making, just had a setback, but to me is the best player of this class... pair him with davis and that's the best frontcourt of the league for years! just wish it was minimally credible...
    He's had a knee injury, stress fracture in his back, and a stress fracture in his foot all within a year. He couldn't withstand 30 games of the NCAA with his body breaking down so how do you expect him to play 82 games for 8 years. He'll have to gain weight and play against bigger stronger guys. It's not worth the risk to give up a core player with such a big risk. Also with Dell in his last year of his contract I doubt he would want to waist it on a guy that will miss several months of the season.

I mean, it's a predraft trade rumor. Don't bet your kids tuition on it; but it's fun.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    He's had a knee injury, stress fracture in his back, and a stress fracture in his foot all within a year. He couldn't withstand 30 games of the NCAA with his body breaking down so how do you expect him to play 82 games for 8 years. He'll have to gain weight and play against bigger stronger guys. It's not worth the risk to give up a core player with such a big risk. Also with Dell in his last year of his contract I doubt he would want to waist it on a guy that will miss several months of the season.
    Not speaking directly to you at all OP, and this is a bit of a rant, but I totally agree with this assessment. At the same time, someone is going to use a top 5 (at the very least, top-10) pick on him. The same type of draft pick that is completely untouchable in the eyes of so many fans. On top of the injury, there is a really low success rate in the draft. I suppose my purpose here is to try to understand why people value a draft pick so much. (I do understand the concept of a rookie contract and do understand that top-3 picks have much higher success rates... but something like what we gave the 76ers? At pick ten they historically have around a 15% chance of getting a "star" player.) Okay, end rant, sorry, and honestly curious.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I mean, it's a predraft trade rumor. Don't bet your kids tuition on it; but it's fun.
    I'm willing to bet anyone else's kids' tuition on it though

Thread Information