15 28.85%
  • Andray Blatche - 5 million

27 51.92%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Which Big Man?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I think the forum you are looking for is www.tigerdroppings.com

You might do fine over there.
    that place can be worse than the ESPN comments section, so yeah he would fit in.

Read your first comment on this thread. YOU AGREE WITH ME. Looks like Mrs. Conformity changed her mind because the majority thinks the other way. Get a backbone and stand behind your convictions.
    Last edited by studentofthegam; 06-18-2014 at 08:54 PM.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Sooooooooooooooooooooo

Tyson Chandler =/= the best kind of player to put next to AD?

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Basically would you rather a front line of:

AD/Monroe/Ajinca/Withey

AD/Asik/Ajinca/Withey

Ryno/AD/Blatche/Ajinca/Withey

I'd probably have to choose out of Asik or Blatche.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar

Yeah, the Movie/TV Board don't like me too much.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I need a real strong, big, grizzly man to fill my needs.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by studentofthegam View Post
    Read your first comment on this thread. YOU AGREE WITH ME. Looks like Mrs. Conformity changed her mind because the majority thinks the other way. Get a backbone and stand behind your convictions.
    I was referring to you calling people idiots.

We debate here with logic and reason. Not bullying and name calling.
    @mcnamara247

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Reported you phobe

I was referring to you calling people idiots.

We debate here with logic and reason. Not bullying and name calling.
    Most of you don't. The Beasley thread was met with lots of bullying and name calling. You even called my opinion a joke.

Most of you don't. The Beasley thread was met with lots of bullying and name calling. You even called my opinion a joke.
    I asked if it was and then clarified. Literally five minutes before you started it, a twitter follower of mine tweeted me, "How long until someone starts a thread on PR asking if Beasley is the answer at SF?"

I thought this follower was having some fun because it just seemed like too much of a coincidence. Once I saw it was real, I disengaged.

But you are right, there was some name calling on there. That is not the norm here and should not be. We have gotten away from that for the most part, and I hope we can once again.

Monroe at a discounted price and not having to give up anyone and you people want these other scrubs? Morons
    Discounted price and not giving up anyone? SO no sign and trade, the Pels are just gonna sign him to a cheap contract and the Pistons are gonna say sure take him. I am all for this!
    It's that the Hornets unashamedly quit so quickly in Game 4 after fans in New Orleans showed up this season with greater regularity than the team could have ever dreamed, shaming misinformed know-it-alls like me who kept telling you that local residents couldn't possibly invest their time and money into something as trivial as rooting for the local basketball team while still recovering from the devastation of Hurricane Katrina. - Mark Stien ESPN

If Monroe only gets 12 million next year, the Earth is flat. Make that 14-16 mil and then we can vote.
    Monroe isn't worth 12 million

I probably just go with someone cheap, see if AD can play the 5 before overpaying a long term starting C. Not a big fan of Blatche but voted him

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Try not to look at like that, its more for about which of those 3 is the best bargain for the listed price. Maybe i should have made that the poll question.
    That's kind of hard to do. You might as well just ask "Who's your favorite player out of the players listed."

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    Discounted price and not giving up anyone? SO no sign and trade, the Pels are just gonna sign him to a cheap contract and the Pistons are gonna say sure take him. I am all for this!
    I quote the OP: "Try not to look at like that, its more for about which of those 3 is the best bargain for the listed price. Maybe i should have made that the poll question."

Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    Monroe isn't worth 12 million
    And Joe Johnson isn't worth 21. Gordon isnt worth 15 and on and on. But it doesnt matter what they are worth. It matters what they get.

He will get north of 12. The max will be around 4 yrs/68 million and he will get that or very close

And Joe Johnson isn't worth 21. Gordon isnt worth 15 and on and on. But it doesnt matter what they are worth. It matters what they get.

He will get north of 12. The max will be around 4 yrs/68 million and he will get that or very close
    One question I have is is Nic Batum worth a max deal? I don't think he is, but there's no doubt he's a really valuable player for them. So if we overpay Monroe to be a Nic Batum, I'm okay, but if he turns into an EG, we're in trouble.

Batum plays a position of need in todays NBA as there are so few SF's. And has a skillset that even fewer have. I think he was 2n or 3rd in SF assists.

My thing with Monroe is: What does he do that is outstanding - that is heads and shoulders amongst most big men? I see a bunch of things I would give him a 7 or 8 out of 10 in, but what makes him exceptional? Batum has an exceptional skill. Heck, Ryno has an exceptional skill. What is Monroe's? If we cant answer that question, how can we justify the contract?

Batum plays a position of need in todays NBA as there are so few SF's. And has a skillset that even fewer have. I think he was 2n or 3rd in SF assists.

My thing with Monroe is: What does he do that is outstanding - that is heads and shoulders amongst most big men? I see a bunch of things I would give him a 7 or 8 out of 10 in, but what makes him exceptional? Batum has an exceptional skill. Heck, Ryno has an exceptional skill. What is Monroe's? If we cant answer that question, how can we justify the contract?
    while I understand this argument,

I think there's something to be said for a guy who is a 7 or 8 in multiple categories as opposed to a guy that is 10 in one and 4 in another.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

I think there's something to be said for a guy who is a 7 or 8 in multiple categories as opposed to a guy that is 10 in one and 4 in another.
    Of course, but I dont see it as that dramatic with regards to anybody we are looking at instead of Monroe. I mean, Ryno or even Jason Smith aren't 4's on defense. Monroe is not twice as good defensively as those guys.

I guess that if I am going to pay a guy that kind of money, I need to be able to justify it by knowing he will bring me things I just can't get elsewhere at a discounted price. I have always said that I can see the argument that Monroe is more valuable than Ryno, though I dont personally agree. But nearly twice as valuable? I don't think anybody can make that argument.

And forget Ryno. Lets say he is gone in some other move. Look at all the bigs in the league who are around the same production level as Monroe. 90% of them will be making less than he will next year. I just don't see the value.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

I agree with this, and while I'd much prefer Batum to Monroe.... I went to a Blazers game this past year and talked to as many Blazers fans as I could, and they all had the same complaint on Batum, his inconsistency. They claimed he would look elite in 1 game and completely disappear in others. Not the greatest source, i know, but something has to be said about a consistent 7, over a guy who is occasionally a 9 and occasionally a 5.

Looks like what we need (and what we can afford) is buying a pick and drafting a Patrick Young, Sim Bhullar, or Jordan Bachynski and hope they develop quickly. There aren't a whole lot of vets that will hit the market that I believe will be worth their contracts.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Looks like what we need (and what we can afford) is buying a pick and drafting a Patrick Young, Sim Bhullar, or Jordan Bachynski and hope they develop quickly. There aren't a whole lot of vets that will hit the market that I believe will be worth their contracts.
    Young is a different kind of player, but do you believe the other two would be ahead of Withey or Ajinca come November? I couldnt possibly see it. That is why I say either make a massive upgrade to the front line or leave it alone. There are two (3 if Smith re-signs) solid backup types sitting right there already.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I would hate to get Sim Bhullar. He can't move

Thread Information