10 19.23%
  • Omar Asik - 8 million

15 28.85%
  • Andray Blatche - 5 million

27 51.92%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Which Big Man?

Which Big Man?

I know these players don't cost this exact amount so it's a hypothetical question. Which center would you rather acquire for this price?

Monroe at 12mil
    Asik at 8mil
    Blatche at 5mil

If Monroe only gets 12 million next year, the Earth is flat. Make that 14-16 mil and then we can vote.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    If Monroe only gets 12 million next year, the Earth is flat. Make that 14-16 mil and then we can vote.
    It isn't about how much they will get paid, i could put monroe at 1 dollar, asik and 50 cents and bleach at a quarter. I'm trying to gauge how much people would be willing to pay each player so I can evaluate what people think our needs are. But just for you, sure, change Monroe to 15 mil.

I went with blatche, he gives u a little bit of everything

spaces the floor with his mid range, has post offense, can rebound, post defense, and super quick and agile for someone his size for P&R defense.

I rather Blatche he gives spacing and a post game and only needs 20 minutes a game

Monroe all day plus he is a boot boy
    I'm a grinder

I find this hard to vote on because of how my mind works.

I know in my mind if we get Asik or Monroe it will be sans Anderson which is a huge piece for me to weigh into this.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I find this hard to vote on because of how my mind works.

I know in my mind if we get Asik or Monroe it will be sans Anderson which is a huge piece for me to weigh into this.
    Try not to look at like that, its more for about which of those 3 is the best bargain for the listed price. Maybe i should have made that the poll question.

I would go with Asik, but I have to wonder what we would have to give up to get him.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

AD is our future center so I got Blatche.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    AD is our future center so I got Blatche.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    do u pick blatche because of how cheap or because u think AD is the future C and blatche can play PF? I would say monroe would be the best PF of the bunch but i think ur taking salary, which i agree with if you are.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I would go with Asik, but I have to wonder what we would have to give up to get him.
    well it wouldn't be for Ryno, the rockets tried to trade us asik for ryno last year and we declined, so i have no clue.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    do u pick blatche because of how cheap or because u think AD is the future C and blatche can play PF? I would say monroe would be the best PF of the bunch but i think ur taking salary, which i agree with if you are.
    I pick Blatche because he's cheap and can bang down low while AD adds weight. in 2 years when AD is ready for full time C Blatche can be an expiring or kept for depth. this allows us to give more money at a position of higher need, SF.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I pick Blatche because he's cheap and can bang down low while AD adds weight. in 2 years when AD is ready for full time C Blatche can be an expiring or kept for depth. this allows us to give more money at a position of higher need, SF.
    Good point, but i don't see dell waiting 2 years to acquire a good SF. Think he wants a young vet SF on a big,long contract like parsons or hayward now while he can afford to do it before he has to give the max to davis, not allowing us to get a top tier SF, if we sign one before we resign Davis we can use Davis' bird rights.

Good point, but i don't see dell waiting 2 years to acquire a good SF. Think he wants a young vet SF on a big,long contract like parsons or hayward now while he can afford to do it before he has to give the max to davis, not allowing us to get a top tier SF, if we sign one before we resign Davis we can use Davis' bird rights.
    not 2 years. I meant next year. Blatche at 5m/yr doesn't handcuff us for going after a SF before he comes off the books.

but uh. . .we can't afford Parsons or Hayward right now.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    I went with blatche, he gives u a little bit of everything

spaces the floor with his mid range, has post offense, can rebound, post defense, and super quick and agile for someone his size for P&R defense.
    You should be a salesman
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

It isn't about how much they will get paid, i could put monroe at 1 dollar, asik and 50 cents and bleach at a quarter. I'm trying to gauge how much people would be willing to pay each player so I can evaluate what people think our needs are. But just for you, sure, change Monroe to 15 mil.
    I mean, if I were to say

Hamilton at 3 mil
    Marvin Williams at 5
    Deng at 6

Almost everyone would pick Deng, but that isn't realistic IMO.

If Monroe gets his expected contract, I think Asik is the best value of the 3. But as someone else mentioned, you gotta give to get him, while you probably don't with Blatche. So, that makes it hard to vote. Though, as always, I love your enthusiasm. Always keep this board lively, and that is needed.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I'm in the minority, but I'd add Spencer Hawes for $7m to the list and choose him. I could see a Jrue, Tyreke, AD, Ryno, Hawes lineup being very effective and difficult for other teams to match up against. Basically in that lineup imagine AD as a SF a million times better than Aminu

Hawes or Ryno could also be on the bench and whatever SF we get could be in the game depending on who we're matched up against.

I could also see a scenario where we trade Pierre for Asik if Houston is trying to clear space to go after Carmelo. If a max guy is in Houston's future they'll be trying to give both Lin and Asik away for nothing.

IMO, Hawes or Asik will and should be possibilities.
    Last edited by NMThreeMVP; 06-18-2014 at 12:22 AM.

God I just don't see what ppl see in hawes. That guy is not that good and not worst 7-8m IMO. He is a pure finesse big man. We don't need finesse at this very moment. He has no post game. His game is on the perimeter. No thanks. Give me Monroe for 12m all day and I don't think it's close. Asik was very underwhelming when I watched him play last year. Don't think he will be worth what he gets on the open market. So, my 2nd option would be Blatche. He is more finesse too but can bang down low as well.

You dont see what people see in Hawes????????

I hear ya. Last year was his breakout season and he still was inefficient at best on my fantasy team.

But in all sincerity Hawes can do IT ALL. He has every low-post miove there is he just chooses not to use them.

What people see is a team that intends to play Anderson at PF and Davis at c; albeit Anderson will be called a "stretch 4".

Since Davis and the club want Davis at PF, why not get a "stretch 5"??

Id take Monroe over Asik and Blatche. I'd like Larry Sanders also

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    At those prices I'd rather Blatche for sure, if we could get Monroe for around 10-11 I'd think about it.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    What about Tyson Chandler? I think he would absolutely fit the bill for what we need.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    We need a real strong, big, grizzly man to fill our needs.

Monroe at a discounted price and not having to give up anyone and you people want these other scrubs? Morons

Quote Originally Posted by studentofthegam View Post
    Monroe at a discounted price and not having to give up anyone and you people want these other scrubs? Morons
    I think the forum you are looking for is www.tigerdroppings.com

You might do fine over there.

Thread Information