• Low Post Offense

5 22.73%
  • Low Post Defense

17 77.27%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What does our Team need more??

What does our Team need more??

We aren't talking players so don't list names

1. Rim defense and rebounding to protect AD?

2. Low post offense and rebounding to to help take pressure off AD around the rim and spread the floor for our offense?

For example

1. a rim defender and rebounding will take the load off of AD being our only rebounder with amino gone and give him a break for the big centers like cousins and drummond.

2. a low post offensive threat WOULD in fact space the floor for our wings instead of allowing defense to just stick their best perimeter defender on tyreke and crowd our 3pt shooters limiting our offense.

Also we were one of the better offensive units and worse defensive units last season, so do you try to just dominate the offensive category or try to build a more level team?

option #3 - a 3 & D SF

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    option #3 - a 3 & D SF
    Not talking about SF, was wondering what people thought a better big court with AD would contain, an offensive or defensive low post threat.

Why there are only low post offense and defense in this poll?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Why there are only low post offense and defense in this poll?
    Because I wanted to know which of the TWO people value more, I could easily make a poll 10 questions long and address all our needs... but this thread is a debate of these two SPECIFICS...
    Last edited by HornetGuru; 06-17-2014 at 04:03 PM.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post

low post defense isn't some category that includes rim protection and rebounding they are all different
    never assume

Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    low post defense isn't some category that includes rim protection and rebounding they are all different
    .............. Per36 bro

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    .............. Per36 bro
    LOL

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    I think a defensive player is the biggest need down low.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Seems very straight forward to me. Our offense ain't a problem as it once was. We need rebounding and defense. I assume that's all in the purview of low post D, so I'll vote for that.

1. Rim protection
    2. P&R defense
    3. Low post defense

Any big man that has all three is a max player. If I can only one or two of the attributes, this is how I would prioritize.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Seems very straight forward to me. Our offense ain't a problem as it once was. We need rebounding and defense. I assume that's all in the purview of low post D, so I'll vote for that.
    Is that a cat pun? hehe

But yeah, we need a guy who can gobble up those defensive boards when AD goes out to close out on those jump shooters.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    1. Rim protection
    2. P&R defense
    3. Low post defense

Any big man that has all three is a max player. If I can only one or two of the attributes, this is how I would prioritize.
    I'm not sure how to say this exactly how i mean but i'll try. I'm not sure the Pelicans prioritize another rim protector considering we did have the chance to keep Noel. I really think they envision Davis as that guy like Ibaka and to have wings that can mitigate dribble drive penetration. I think Monty in particular would prioritize it :

1. Low Post D
    2. P & R D
    3. Rim protector

I feel this way only because we have a rim protector already, and it's known Monty wants another big body. Also it's known we have pretty much the worst P&R defense i've seen in the league. Now, what we think or what Dell thinks may be a different story. Not saying anyone's wrong, just saying it's how I see Monty wanting it.
    Last edited by BallSoHard; 06-17-2014 at 09:45 PM.

I'm not sure how to say this exactly how i mean but i'll try. I'm not sure the Pelicans prioritize another rim protector considering we did have the chance to keep a Noel. I really think they invasion Davis as that guy like Ibaka and to have wings to can mitigate dribble drive penetration. I think Monty in particular would prioritize it :

1. Low Post D
    2. P & R D
    3. Rim protector

I feel this way only because we have a rim protector already, and it's known Monty wants another big body. Also it's known we have pretty much the worst P&R defense i've seen in the league. Now, what we think or what Dell thinks may be a different story. Not saying anyone's wrong, just saying it's how I see Monty wanting it.
    What do you think would be our best answer to help our P&R defense?

What does our Team need more??

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    What do you think would be our best answer to help our P&R defense?
    Experienced players who understand how to play within a scheme. Now obviously they have to have the physical ability as well but I think experience is key. I think that's why we've been so aggressive going after young vets. Trying to teach a 19 yr old all of this along with it sinking in within a year is a tough demand. Add into the fact that we have our superstar and are "on the clock" and I think it's a prudent strategy.

To add, I think rim defense is mostly innate while the other two are learned skills that some can learn and come can't wrap their head around.

Experienced players who understand how to play within a scheme. Now obviously they have to have the physical ability as well but I think experience is key. I think that's why we've been so aggressive going after young vets. Trying to teach a 19 yr old all of this along with it sinking in within a year is a tough demand. Add into the fact that we have our superstar and are "on the clock" and I think it's a prudent strategy.
    So in your opinion, would Blatche be a good fit? I unfortunately haven't seen a lot of his play to know if he's a substantial P&R defender. Hell, I can't remember if Okafor was, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    So in your opinion, would Blatche be a good fit? I unfortunately haven't seen a lot of his play to know if he's a substantial P&R defender. Hell, I can't remember if Okafor was, to be honest.
    I'll be completely honest. I haven't dug into the film much. I can say his effiency numbers on offense and rebounding look really good. I also like the fact that he joined a vet nets team in order to be apart of something instead of going to a talent devoid team to try and get up more shots and earn his next contract. I think that speaks that he has the desire to be apart of something bigger.

I'll be completely honest. I haven't dug into the film much. I can say his effiency numbers on offense and rebounding look really good. I also like the fact that he joined a vet nets team in order to be apart of something instead of going to a talent devoid team to try and get up more shots and earn his next contract. I think that speaks that he has the desire to be apart of something bigger.
    That's a really good point, man. I never thought of it like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Gotcha,this is what i was looking for, would u rather asik for 8 mil or monroe for 12?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    1. Rim protection
    2. P&R defense
    3. Low post defense

That sounds like AD, i think his biggest weakness of those 3 is post defense, do you think we need another player like AD over a big bruiser for post D? For example, do you think we would be better off with someone like john henson than asik?

I'm not sure how to say this exactly how i mean but i'll try. I'm not sure the Pelicans prioritize another rim protector considering we did have the chance to keep a Noel. I really think they invasion Davis as that guy like Ibaka and to have wings to can mitigate dribble drive penetration. I think Monty in particular would prioritize it :

1. Low Post D
    2. P & R D
    3. Rim protector

God this is donna kill me, but i agree with you. if we wanted those things we woulda got noel, it seems we want the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Gotcha,this is what i was looking for, would u rather asik for 8 mil or monroe for 12?
    Well Asik would be 14... so both those asking prices are a bit high for me.

Thread Information