Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans Info

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Ryno, Gordon, and 1st round pick for Asik, Parsons and a 2nd rounder.
    Please tell me you are not serious with that one.

don't think it's that bad, asik doesn't wanna be there, and while he is he is taking up big cap space, with ryno it would be a perfect compliment to dwight and terrence jones. jones would play PF offensively and SF defensively, and the rockets reportedly were interested in pairing gordon with harden before, and they also get a 1st rounder. I think this trade makes both teams better.
    So why is Parsons not the perfect compliment to Dwight and Jones? He seems like a better fit that Ryan as Jones is better suited for the 4 and Parsons can handle defending the 3. Why take on a $15 million cap hit in Gordon to get rid of an $8 million cap hit in Asik?

Quote Originally Posted by tyler View Post
    I really don't see us getting parsons and plus I read somewhere that parson says he want to be on a winning team
    Possibly, but he's a basketball player and i'm sure he knows a promising team when he sees one, who wouldn't want to play with 2 guards who like to pass the ball and also be able to play with AD. Parsons would love to be here because he would get to do his favorite thing, sit in the corner and let jrue or tyreke drive and dish him the ball for the 3.

I also have to think the rockets want to sign and trade him, this is why they didn't pick up his team option, I see no other reason why they didn't, he was on the best contract in the NBA.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    So why is Parsons not the perfect compliment to Dwight and Jones? He seems like a better fit that Ryan as Jones is better suited for the 4 and Parsons can handle defending the 3. Why take on a $15 million cap hit in Gordon to get rid of an $8 million cap hit in Asik?
    I think he is a great fit with them, but maybe they don't, which is why they didn't pick up his deal, or maybe they don't want to pay him the 12 mil they think he will get so they can have cap space to go after melo, i really don't know.

I also have to think the rockets want to sign and trade him, this is why they didn't pick up his team option, I see no other reason why they didn't, he was on the best contract in the NBA.
    Because it prevents him from becoming unrestricted next year. They force this issue a year early in order to have the option of matching an offer and if the price gets too high, they can S&T and get something back (even if that is a TPE).

Please tell me you are not serious with that one.
    it's not that far fetched, they get a great piece in ryno, get a 1st rounder, and don't have have to use the massive cap space to sign parsons.

Because it prevents him from becoming unrestricted next year. They force this issue a year early in order to have the option of matching an offer.
    Good point, like I have said I'm no expert, or claim to be, just thinking of ideas.

People also thought it was impossible to trade okafor and ariza, but the wizards did and he thrived

no one thought we could trade juju for marco

everyone thought rudy gay was an absolute immovable contract, but the kings wanted him.

Point is, nothing is impossible.

Maybe a straight up sign and trade for chandler parsons or gordon hayward for ryno and a late 1st and then we sign blatche.

don't think it's that bad, asik doesn't wanna be there, and while he is he is taking up big cap space, with ryno it would be a perfect compliment to dwight and terrence jones. jones would play PF offensively and SF defensively, and the rockets reportedly were interested in pairing gordon with harden before, and they also get a 1st rounder. I think this trade makes both teams better.
    what scares me is that you actually think its a good trade for them.

Gordon is an injury prone SG who is on a max. He would have to come off the bench for them. they move one of their only good trade pieces in Parsons and are still stuck with Lin. Asik is irrelevant because he is expiring this year. Jones has never player SF. there is absolutely no evidence he can defend 3's.

you are basically saying trade one of the 2 worse contracts in the league for Asik, Parsons, and a 2nd rounder while only giving up Ryno and a 1st that is mostlikely Pierre Jackson value. you are saying the Rockets want Ryno so bad that they give up their starting SF while having no good replacement, accept back a max player who is awful at a position they already have a max player at, and give a division rival a possible counter to their other max player. oh and also put their promising young PF who started last year back on the bench while STILL not upgrading their PG and making themselves thin at SF.

why don't you just go all in and suggest Gordon and Ryno for Durant because Ibaka can play C and Westbrook and Gordon would be great together.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    what scares me is that you actually think its a good trade for them.

Gordon is an injury prone SG who is on a max. He would have to come off the bench for them. they move one of their only good trade pieces in Parsons and are still stuck with Lin. Asik is irrelevant because he is expiring this year. Jones has never player SF. there is absolutely no evidence he can defend 3's.

you are basically saying trade one of the 2 worse contracts in the league for Asik, Parsons, and a 2nd rounder while only giving up Ryno and a 1st that is mostlikely Pierre Jackson value. you are saying the Rockets want Ryno so bad that they give up their starting SF while having no good replacement, accept back a max player who is awful at a position they already have a max player at, and give a division rival a possible counter to their other max player. oh and also put their promising young PF who started last year back on the bench while STILL not upgrading their PG and making themselves thin at SF.

why don't you just go all in and suggest Gordon and Ryno for Durant because Ibaka can play C and Westbrook and Gordon would be great together.
    Well the way i look at it is they are built to win now and chandler and ryno are close in skill but asik rides the bench and they could afford to take the risk with gordon because if it doesn't pan out in 2 years he will be a huge expiring and will be in rebuild mode anyway.

and the gordon and ryno for durant was my next trade idea.

Well the way i look at it is they are built to win now and chandler and ryno are close in skill but asik rides the bench and they could afford to take the risk with gordon because if it doesn't pan out in 2 years he will be a huge expiring and will be in rebuild mode anyway.

and the gordon and ryno for durant was my next trade idea.
    so win now means taking back a max player at a position they already have one at, benching their cheap Very Good PF all to get rid of Asik but accepting back 3x's his cap? while making themselves thin at another position and not addressing their need at PG.

Gordon isn't anywhere near worth the risk for them. they already have a SG. they need a PG. Asik is an 8M expiring. he isn't going to break their back I'd they have to keep him one more year. Gordon's contract is awful for them and they'd be trading for a max bench player. I don't think you are actually thinking this one through guru.

Possibly, but he's a basketball player and i'm sure he knows a promising team when he sees one, who wouldn't want to play with 2 guards who like to pass the ball and also be able to play with AD. Parsons would love to be here because he would get to do his favorite thing, sit in the corner and let jrue or tyreke drive and dish him the ball for the 3.

Why would he love to be here??? Sorry but we haven't proved anything yet.... And the whole concept about him love being with two guards.... I'm probably sure he loves being with harden and Howard more
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

I appreciate the enthusiasm Guru but I think you are developing trades that we would jump on in a heartbeat but the other team would sadly laugh us off the phone.

Maybe if the Rockets GM gets drunk and has some compromising pictures taken. . .

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I appreciate the enthusiasm Guru but I think you are developing trades that we would jump on in a heartbeat but the other team would sadly laugh us off the phone.

Maybe if the Rockets GM gets drunk and has some compromising pictures taken. . .

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    possibly, I've been wanting a good SF for so long, juju, posey, ariza, I'm tired of waiting lol

Here's what we should do. Trade Rivers and Jackson for pick in teens. Next package pick and Gordon to rebuilding team. Similar to what GS did with Richard Jefferson and Andries. You have like 21 million now. Then use cap space to sign a C and a SF. I say perhaps two for like 8 million each. Now you use rest of cap space to fill out bench. This fills out perfect roster giving up very little, makes us a title contender IMO

Quote Originally Posted by studentofthegam View Post
    Here's what we should do. Trade Rivers and Jackson for pick in teens. Next package pick and Gordon to rebuilding team. Similar to what GS did with Richard Jefferson and Andries. You have like 21 million now. Then use cap space to sign a C and a SF. I say perhaps two for like 8 million each. Now you use rest of cap space to fill out bench. This fills out perfect roster giving up very little, makes us a title contender IMO
    I don't think teams value Austin as much as we do

possibly, I've been wanting a good SF for so long, juju, posey, ariza, I'm tired of waiting lol
    I think we are all in the same boat about that!

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    First of all, no rebuilding team would take Eric Gordon into their cap space, for a pick that would probably be around 20. A more realistic one would be packaging Gordon with the first pick, for an expiring and then having a ton of cap space for the summer of 2015. Also it will still take us a little time to be a title contender... AD needs to continue to grow and all the players need to continue to mesh. I think we can be a very good team without even huge improvements to the roster, but it will be a few years at least before we are title contenders. My best guess is starting around 2016 we'll be title contenders probably for the next 10 years.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Would a rebuilding team take Rudy Gay? Cuz two have so far...

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    This gives me some hope but at least Gay stayed healthy and played on a playoff team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I'm not saying a rebuilding team wouldn't take Eric Gordon, but not without giving back bad contracts. My point was a rebuilding team with cap space is not just going to absorb his contract, allowing us to have cap space right away.

Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post
    I'm not saying a rebuilding team wouldn't take Eric Gordon, but not without giving back bad contracts. My point was a rebuilding team with cap space is not just going to absorb his contract, allowing us to have cap space right away.
    I think our best bet would be to trade Eric gordon to a team who has a bad contract that may be for less money, but is for a longer number of years (This is the Sanders, J. Smith, Mcgee, K. Perkins, Bargnini, G wallace group). Bonus points for the teams chasing huge stars in Free agency (Boston, OKC, NYK) who may whiff on a big star and give us a sweetener to give them a semi-servicable player for an unserviceable one for less per-year money. We may be able to find a team with cap space willing to bite on gordon if we sweeten the deal with young assets or a 1st rounder. I think the most likely option is that Gordon stays 1 more year and his corpse of a contract is used on a team that wants to blow it up. The only possible real scores I see are f Detroit or Chicago or OKC whiffs in FA and decides that they really need scoring SG, maybe we could swing that.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Wow. You are doing us such a great service by releasing Dell's private plans to the public. I'm sure Dell greatly appreciates it. NOT. I hope your source gets found out and fired.
    I'm really sorry for releasing this info and messing up Dell's plans. Oh wait...

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post
    I'm really sorry for releasing this info and messing up Dell's plans. Oh wait...
    good post....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I think by this point, any further doubts about RekeHavoc can be put to bed.

You are the man!

Thread Information