Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans Info

Quote Originally Posted by studentofthegam View Post
    Adam Schefter reports stuff that has already happened like signed contracts and stuff. Has no impact
    I'm not sure you know what you're talking about but keep going... this is getting fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Noggy View Post
    But he isn't what we need, and Ryno is more valuable than him with Smith and Ajinca and Withey on our roster. Who can do what Asik does for about 10% of the cost and we still have Ryno.
    he is PART of what we need, we need a post banger for defense, rebounding, and post offense, and players that can do all 3 are rare. I feel like we have plenty of offense, a true defensive center could give us a nice team, but i'm not a GM.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    he is PART of what we need, we need a post banger for defense, rebounding, and post offense, and players that can do all 3 are rare. I feel like we have plenty of offense, a true defensive center could give us a nice team, but i'm not a GM.
    Ryno makes Tyreke's game much more effective. Asik would have the opposite effect.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Ryno makes Tyreke's game much more effective. Asik would have the opposite effect.
    Very good point, only way i move ryno is for a SF who can space the floor and then use the MLE on someone like blatche.

I hate to tell y'all this and beat a dead horse, but don't be surprised when fell trades ryno, Gordon and a future first to acquire a good center and sf, I just feel it in my veins. This team would have been a playoff team if injury free, then add Monroe and parsons and we are a 3 seed next year
    The Rockets are only going to let Parsons go in a S&T, IF they let him go at all. You propose a trade w/ the Pistons Gordon/Ryno for Monroe, is this right? Who will be left from this roster that the Rockets will want to take back in a S&T for Parsons that Dell will be willing to give up? I also don't get who gets our 1st round pick in your scenario.

Basically, I'm saying we'll probably get two players this offseason that you could label a C and a SF, but I'll bet any amount of money you're willing to lose that those players aren't Monroe AND Parsons.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomdda View Post
    The Rockets are only going to let Parsons go in a S&T, IF they let him go at all. You propose a trade w/ the Pistons Gordon/Ryno for Monroe, is this right? Who will be left from this roster that the Rockets will want to take back in a S&T for Parsons that Dell will be willing to give up? I also don't get who gets our 1st round pick in your scenario.

Basically, I'm saying we'll probably get two players this offseason that you could label a C and a SF, but I'll bet any amount of money you're willing to lose that those players aren't Monroe AND Parsons.
    So... if we could trade Gordon/Anderson for Monroe, AND if Houston could get a guy like Carmelo, then we could offer a contract to Parsons that Houston might not be inclined to match if Parsons wants to play for us.

That's a lot of not very unlikely IFs... but it's possible.

Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post
    The reason I have this source is because I know information I can share and information I can't. Also don't think it's possible for my source to be fired haha.

Maybe you should stick to trying to get people to want Beasley. I'll make sure to tell Dell of your ideas bro. I'm sure he'll get a good laugh.
    Please do this. I will send you a $100 dollar bill if you get a direct quote from Dell

Quote Originally Posted by nola007 View Post
    Seriously, Boozer is finished, Dunleavy is garbage and 16? What the heck would we get at 16, and throw in the fact we have Dell Demps doing the drafting(Austin Rivers at 10, what a joke). You give Chicago two proven NBA players and we get and old man, a bum and a pick.
    I don't like the trade any more than you do but you're sad for calling out Dell on his drafting. Okay, who should he have taken that was reasonably projected in this range? Myers Leonard? Kendall Marshall? Jeremy Lamb? It was a 9-deep draft, we got unlucky by having 10th. Maybe Lamb, but I'm not sure I prefer him over rivers right now. 1 can shoot and can't play defense, one can play defense and can't shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by nola007 View Post
    Seriously, Boozer is finished, Dunleavy is garbage and 16? What the heck would we get at 16, and throw in the fact we have Dell Demps doing the drafting(Austin Rivers at 10, what a joke). You give Chicago two proven NBA players and we get and old man, a bum and a pick.
    Boozer would provide everything Carl Landry did when he was here. At this point in his career he's a capable backup PF that averaged 13 and 8 last season and could easily give us 20+ minutes a night.

Dunleavy would be better than any SF we currently have on the roster and can't be left unguarded like our current SFs.

Pick 16 could be a guy who's starting by the end of the season and feels a long term need at C or SF like Nurkic, Anderson, Early, Young, Saric, Warren or McDaniels.

And extra $4m this year would bring us to $11m in cap space and allow us to do almost anything we wanted; Tucker, Ariza, Monroe, resigning Morrow.

And $20m next offseaon puts in a great position to complete our roster for contention.

...all for Ryan Anderson. And little whiny, overpaid, often injured Eric Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Boozer would provide everything Carl Landry did when he was here. At this point in his career he's a capable backup PF that averaged 13 and 8 last season and could easily give us 20+ minutes a night.

Dunleavy would be better than any SF we currently have on the roster and can't be left unguarded like our current SFs.

Pick 16 could be a guy who's starting by the end of the season and feels a long term need at C or SF like Nurkic, Anderson, Early, Young, Saric, Warren or McDaniels.

And extra $4m this year would bring us to $11m in cap space and allow us to do almost anything we wanted; Tucker, Ariza, Monroe, resigning Morrow.

And $20m next offseaon puts in a great position to complete our roster for contention.

...all for Ryan Anderson. And little whiny, overpaid, often injured Eric Gordon.
    You are that confident that pick 16 will be starting by the end of the season? Boozer is an overpaid old one year "rental". So we would only be giving up one year of Gordon (if he opts in) and we would be taking on a 34 year old Dunleavy for a year with a mid 1st round pick and giving up a solid stretch 4 in the prime of his career on a relatively cheap contract. I think too many are too desperate to get rid of Gordon. That trade is terrible IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    You are that confident that pick 16 will be starting by the end of the season? Boozer is an overpaid old one year "rental". So we would only be giving up one year of Gordon (if he opts in) and we would be taking on a 34 year old Dunleavy for a year with a mid 1st round pick and giving up a solid stretch 4 in the prime of his career on a relatively cheap contract. I think too many are too desperate to get rid of Gordon. That trade is terrible IMO.
    Gaining $4m in cap space this season and having $20m in cap space next season is valuable. In fact it's the most valuable part of the trade, IMO.

Ryan Anderson is a solid stretch 4 in the prime of his career, true, but he's also coming back from a sort of serious injury, plays the same position as our best player, and will be an unrestricted free agent the same year as our best player who plays the same position he does.

I think Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon's combined $24m in 2015 could be better used on a SF and a C. Nothing against Ryno, he's just playing a luxury position and can't defend SFs or Cs. That's what the trade is about. It's Boozer/Dunleavy/16 and whoever you spend $24m on. Something like Gordon/Anderson/Pierre for Kyle Anderson/Greg Monroe, then resigning Morrow and max money flexibility for a starting SF in 2015. Or a PJ Tucker this year and a Center like Gasol or Lopez or Jordan in 2015. All those thing become possible because of this trade.

Just wanted to share some of the information I've heard from my source recently.

The first thing he told me, which was a few weeks ago, was that two guys we might target this offseason were Spencer Hawes and Omer Asik. (Personally don't love either, definitely not Hawes given the money he'd get).

Then much more recently he had a few more interesting things to say. He said that Dell did not seem to think we'd be able to bring back Morrow (not sure if it's because we have other plans or he wants a more lucrative pay day). He also said we do not want to trade Ryan at all, but Dell thinks at some point we may have to, in order to improve team.

Also he mentioned he thinks this year will determine whether Monty keeps his job, but keep in mind this is coming from Dell Demps' camp, so it would be unlikely for him to say Dell was on the hot seat, even though it seems he has a shorter lease than Monty.

Edit: One more thing I forgot to add: Not that we have a coaching opening or will in the future, but my guy said that Dell is not a fan of Marc Jackson at all, wouldn't ever bring him here to be the coach. For the record, I'm not a fan either.

only way pels should take Asik is in a gordon trade or in a ryno trade that nets us Parsons too....
    AKA St. David

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Saints63213 View Post
    only way pels should take Asik is in a gordon trade or in a ryno trade that nets us Parsons too....
    I didn't even read your post.... I will in a second I swear, but hot damn Dat Avatar

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Just wanted to give another update. I was asking about the rumors involving us getting a draft pick, and he said the draft pick would basically just be used as an asset and that the goal would be to trade it. I think what might happen is we trade Pierre for a pick and then if a team is targeting a certain guy we could package the pick and get someone we wanted.

Sounds very Dell-like.

Nice! Thanks for the info!

Just wanted to give another update. I was asking about the rumors involving us getting a draft pick, and he said the draft pick would basically just be used as an asset and that the goal would be to trade it. I think what might happen is we trade Pierre for a pick and then if a team is targeting a certain guy we could package the pick and get someone we wanted.

Sounds very Dell-like.
    Ryno, Gordon, and 1st round pick for Asik, Parsons and a 2nd rounder.

I think dell hates to get rid of ryno but if it means getting rid of gordon he might do it, plus ryno only has 2 years left on his good contract, the more time we wait to trade him, the more his value declines.

Jrue
    Tyreke
    Parsons
    AD
    Asik

great blend of athleticism, scoring, shooting, defense, and rebounding.
    Last edited by HornetGuru; 06-17-2014 at 10:36 PM.

I think dell hates to get rid of ryno but if it means getting rid of gordon he might do it, plus ryno only has 2 years left on his good contract, the more time we wait to trade him, the more his value declines.

Jrue
    Tyreke
    Parsons
    AD
    Asik

I really don't see us getting parsons and plus I read somewhere that parson says he want to be on a winning team
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BrEtGIuCYAAUHds.jpg

Jrue
    Tyreke
    Parsons
    AD
    Asik

hmm i think I've seen this one before somewhere
    never assume

It seems like we're agrees aggressively going after a big but I see no news about sf's which we have none of.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar

Sounds very Dell-like.
    Yes, it sounds very Dell like.
    Last edited by wuggie; 06-17-2014 at 10:53 PM.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

not bad, our current 7 million plus 4 would give us 11 mil for hayward or parsons and we could use the MLE for blatche.
    you can't sign a player with cap space and use the MLE. nor would we be able to sign Hayward or Parsons away for 11M. they are RFA.

Jrue
    Tyreke
    Parsons
    AD
    Asik

I would love that trade for us, but I just can't see Houston letting Parsons go. And would EG be their 6th man? I don't see why they would want him unless he promised to opt out next year, so Houston could go after a big name in 2015 FA.

Why would Houston take back Gordon?

Are we expected to believe that they will take Gordon, give up Parsons, and provide us with one of few bigs that can counter Dwight for Ryno and a mid/late first? And say "oh btw here's a 2nd rounder."

Geez there's been some unrealistic trade suggestions lately but that just might be the worst in awhile.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Gaining $4m in cap space this season and having $20m in cap space next season is valuable. In fact it's the most valuable part of the trade, IMO.

Ryan Anderson is a solid stretch 4 in the prime of his career, true, but he's also coming back from a sort of serious injury, plays the same position as our best player, and will be an unrestricted free agent the same year as our best player who plays the same position he does.

I think Ryan Anderson and Eric Gordon's combined $24m in 2015 could be better used on a SF and a C. Nothing against Ryno, he's just playing a luxury position and can't defend SFs or Cs. That's what the trade is about. It's Boozer/Dunleavy/16 and whoever you spend $24m on. Something like Gordon/Anderson/Pierre for Kyle Anderson/Greg Monroe, then resigning Morrow and max money flexibility for a starting SF in 2015. Or a PJ Tucker this year and a Center like Gasol or Lopez or Jordan in 2015. All those thing become possible because of this trade.
    When did a bench player who can also play with AD at times on the court and average about 30 minutes a game become a luxury? Do only the starting 5 matter? Boozer and Dunleavy are just expirings at this point. So, would you be banking that we can draw a stud FA that outweighs losing a 26 year old stretch 4 who contributes 16-18 ppg and 6-8 rpg off the bench? For this team, I would take Anderson at $8 million a year over Monroe at the max.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Why would Houston take back Gordon?

Are we expected to believe that they will take Gordon, give up Parsons, and provide us with one of few bigs that can counter Dwight for Ryno and a mid/late first? And say "oh btw here's a 2nd rounder."

Geez there's been some unrealistic trade suggestions lately but that just might be the worst in awhile.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    don't think it's that bad, asik doesn't wanna be there, and while he is he is taking up big cap space, with ryno it would be a perfect compliment to dwight and terrence jones. jones would play PF offensively and SF defensively, and the rockets reportedly were interested in pairing gordon with harden before, and they also get a 1st rounder. I think this trade makes both teams better.

Thread Information