Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Eric Gordon : "The knee is doing well"

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    What FAs (outside of LBJ and Melo) would be in that class that wouldn't be RFAs? I know people are high on Kawhi Leonard in 2015, but I don't see him even sniffing the market.
    I'm not sure why you'd exclude RFAs when Dell has shown an ability and affinity to go out and get those players...

Potential UFAs however, include Melo, LBJ, Jeff Green, Brook Lopez, Kevin Love, Al Jefferson, DeAndre Jordon, Roy Hibbert, Marc Gasol, Thad Young, and LaMarcus Aldridge.

There are also a half dozen RFAs that could/should/would be considered.

To me, it's only a matter of your preferred roster construction, and whether or not you think an extra $4m in cap space this season, a guaranteed $20m next season (free yourself of the fear that EG opts in), and a first round pick is good value for Ryan Anderson --who happens to be coming off of neck surgery.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I'm not sure why you'd exclude RFAs when Dell has shown an ability and affinity to go out and get those players...

Potential UFAs however, include Melo, LBJ, Jeff Green, Brook Lopez, Kevin Love, Al Jefferson, DeAndre Jordon, Roy Hibbert, Marc Gasol, Thad Young, and LaMarcus Aldridge.

There are also a half dozen RFAs that could/should/would be considered.

To me, it's only a matter of your preferred roster construction, and whether or not you think an extra $4m in cap space this season, a guaranteed $20m next season (free yourself of the fear that EG opts in), and a first round pick is good value for Ryan Anderson --who happens to be coming off of neck surgery.
    I dunno, if there are RFAs that deserve the big bucks, I would think their team would pay it. Then again, Tyreke was sort of acquired through those means, so I'm wrong there I guess.

Who are the RFAs?

hey gordon himself mentioned in the article that "we're trying to do things like the spurs system," not that that is surprising or not already known but might the first time I've seen one of our players say it out right
    never assume

Appreciate it

Bring him off the bench next year, his ego will probably force him to opt out when his player option hits and limited minutes increases the chance of him staying healthy.
    SIGN A SF

Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    hey gordon himself mentioned in the article that "we're trying to do things like the spurs system," not that that is surprising or not already known but might the first time I've seen one of our players say it out right
    I guess Aminu was supposed to be our Kawhi . If the Spurs system is what we are shooting for (no pun intended), I don't see a priority in targeting a big. Bring in shooters/SF

This dude can't get out of here fast enough. Just go away already. Dam

I hope EG plays out every last minute of his contract. These trade proposals are quite funny though.

I hope he plays out every last minute of his contract as well. As far from nola as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by nola007 View Post
    I hope EG plays out every last minute of his contract. These trade proposals are quite funny though.
    Why would you say such harsh things

Because I think his treatment in this town by the media is unwarranted and bush league. I think this is not lost on players around the league and will make this town a difficult sell. The only way we will get free agents here it to overpay like we did with Tyreke and until the last third of the season most people were ready to run him off as well, when the problem with Tyreke was all Monty Williams.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    If he's gonna be here, then he may as well play and play well, which makes an eventual move more likely. Can't trade 'em if he's still hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    I guess Aminu was supposed to be our Kawhi.
    He does have the same never smiling face =)

Because I think his treatment in this town by the media is unwarranted and bush league. I think this is not lost on players around the league and will make this town a difficult sell. The only way we will get free agents here it to overpay like we did with Tyreke and until the last third of the season most people were ready to run him off as well, when the problem with Tyreke was all Monty Williams.
    I think you are exaggerating a bit. The media in larger markers are MUCH harsher on the players than the NOLA media. If any player is so thin skinned to be offended by the NOLA media so much that they would not play here, they likely will not like anywhere they go.

Aminu ended up being more kiwi than kawhi

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Aminu ended up being more kiwi than kawhi
    He's from New Zealand?

I was thinking more about the shape of his head, but still...

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I think you are exaggerating a bit. The media in larger markers are MUCH harsher on the players than the NOLA media. If any player is so thin skinned to be offended by the NOLA media so much that they would not play here, they likely will not like anywhere they go.
    Media in larger markets have more to report on than local idiots being offended because a restricted free agent signed an offer sheet with another team. The vicious comments made about him after he signed with Phoenix were just unprofessional and an outright joke!

If you're stupid enough to make the comments gordon did before being sure about the team you'll be playing for, you deserve every vicious comment that comes your way. In a bigger market they would have sectioned him alive...vicious comments oowwnnn

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Haven't heard someone defend Eric Gordon in a while, so I'm out of practice. But let's begin this argument by saying why in the hell would you absolve Eric Gordon of all responsibility to conduct himself in a less "bush league" manor with the media and the fans?? That interaction is a 2 way street. Even if you were 100% accurate in your depiction of his treatment by the media, which I don't believe you are, you'd have to ask the question why is the media picking on your guy? What about your guy has made him so hated by fans and media? Why do Eric Gordon defenders consider it "bush league" and "unwarranted" instead of owning the fact that Eric doesn't have the public personality to get elected Trash Man (though he might be a fine individual privately) and has been a complete bust and disappointment on the court?? Eric Gordon defenders, like Eric Gordon himself, seem to never just own it.

Mark Ingram could pout/****/moan/complain and point the finger at everyone else, but the guy owns that he hasn't lived up to what was expected of him. Ditto for Aminu. Ditto for Roman Harper. Ditto for Malcom Jenkins. Ditto for Austin Rivers.

Eric Gordon might be a very intelligent dude, but he has no emotional intelligence. No sense of where he is and the moment he's in. He's been injured frequently and even when healthy he hasn't been worth half the money he's being paid by the Pelicans. He's never been mentioned as a leader on his team by the coaches or his teammates. He has terrible media skills and poorly chosen words and timing of his tweets. He's not nearly as involved in the community he lives as other guys on his team, or the guys on the other end of the Airline Drive Sports Campus.

Our Media has 99 problems but Eric Gordon ain't one.

He's his own problem and he and his fans need to own that.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Haven't heard someone defend Eric Gordon in a while, so I'm out of practice. But let's begin this argument by saying why in the hell would you absolve Eric Gordon of all responsibility to conduct himself in a less "bush league" manor with the media and the fans?? That interaction is a 2 way street. Even if you were 100% accurate in your depiction of his treatment by the media, which I don't believe you are, you'd have to ask the question why is the media picking on your guy? What about your guy has made him so hated by fans and media? Why do Eric Gordon defenders consider it "bush league" and "unwarranted" instead of owning the fact that Eric doesn't have the public personality to get elected Trash Man (though he might be a fine individual privately) and has been a complete bust and disappointment on the court?? Eric Gordon defenders, like Eric Gordon himself, seem to never just own it.

Mark Ingram could pout/****/moan/complain and point the finger at everyone else, but the guy owns that he hasn't lived up to what was expected of him. Ditto for Aminu. Ditto for Roman Harper. Ditto for Malcom Jenkins. Ditto for Austin Rivers.

Eric Gordon might be a very intelligent dude, but he has no emotional intelligence. No sense of where he is and the moment he's in. He's been injured frequently and even when healthy he hasn't been worth half the money he's being paid by the Pelicans. He's never been mentioned as a leader on his team by the coaches or his teammates. He has terrible media skills and poorly chosen words and timing of his tweets. He's not nearly as involved in the community he lives as other guys on his team, or the guys on the other end of the Airline Drive Sports Campus.

Our Media has 99 problems but Eric Gordon ain't one.

He's his own problem and he and his fans need to own that.
    Couldn't have said it any better

Media in larger markets have more to report on than local idiots being offended because a restricted free agent signed an offer sheet with another team. The vicious comments made about him after he signed with Phoenix were just unprofessional and an outright joke!
    I think any media would attack a player who makes a comment like "my heart is in Phoenix." Personally, I think he would have gotten a much rougher handling by the NY or Chicago media for instance, had he made that comment there. The problem was more with his comments than how the media reacted to them.

I think his heart should be in Minnie, home of the Pillsbury company where he could be the dough boy

What's so ironic is that MM accuses EG of not liking NOLA. Yet MM lives in Provo and does not attended games and never interviewed EG in the last two years

Thread Information