Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Pels Want Pick

Report: Bulls want to trade their first-round picks for a scorer

I love the first comment at the bottom:
    Take Eric Gordon! We don’t even need 1st round picks. He’s yours for FREE! (I’m dreaming)

: D

Gordon Vs pick + Boozer ??

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by eballa1 View Post

Take Eric Gordon! We don’t even need 1st round picks. He’s yours for FREE! (I’m dreaming)
    Gordon/Pierre for Boozer/16

...and like I've said before, I'd be willing to throw Ryno for Dunleavy into the deal if I had to.

the Bulls can check Gordon's knees to see if they're any worse than D. Rose, and if they're not I think this is a trade that works for both teams. The Eric Gordon and D. Rose relationship should be enough to get this done, if Rose goes upstairs and tells the bosses he wants to play with his buddy.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Gordon/Pierre for Boozer/16

...and like I've said before, I'd be willing to throw Ryno for Dunleavy into the deal if I had to.

the Bulls can check Gordon's knees to see if they're any worse than D. Rose, and if they're not I think this is a trade that works for both teams. The Eric Gordon and D. Rose relationship should be enough to get this done, if Rose goes upstairs and tells the bosses he wants to play with his buddy.
    I'm with you until the Ryno for Dunleavy part. That makes no sense whatsoever to me, but I guess we have been down that road before.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I'm with you until the Ryno for Dunleavy part. That makes no sense whatsoever to me, but I guess we have been down that road before.
    If the Bulls say NO DEAL, I think it's so important to be rid of Gordon's deal going into next summer that I'd be willing to sacrifice Ryan Anderson. And I don't think as a one year rental or trade deadline expiring, that Dunleavy is useless. He plays SF and can hit shots.

I would never get rid of anderson for average crap just to get rid of gordon. Gordon's contract doesn't last other 4 years, i'd rather wait for another proposal or just keep him at that point. I seriously have no idea why lots of people want to get rid of anderson

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    I would never get rid of anderson for average crap just to get rid of gordon. Gordon's contract doesn't last other 4 years, i'd rather wait for another proposal or just keep him at that point. I seriously have no idea why lots of people want to get rid of anderson
    Disagree! You MUST get rid of gordon's contrast before we resign AD to a max deal.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Gordon will be gone by 2016 offseason at the latest. That will be before we sign AD. That won't be a problem

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Gordon will be gone by 2016 offseason at the latest. That will be before we sign AD. That won't be a problem
    Incorrect, AD and Gordon BOTH expire at the end of the 2015-2016 season. we MUST sign a big name before we use AD's bird rights, if not it is wasted almost...

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    I don't want to get rid of Ryan Anderson. But Ryan Anderson isn't my wife; if anything Ryan Anderson is my mistress. I have no problem trading Ryan Anderson for something that fits my schedule better. To me that's a SF or a C and the ability to be rid of this other broad (Eric Gordon) that's causing me too much money and isn't worth the trouble.

If I can find a way to make Eric Gordon go away without giving up Ryan Anderson, that's super.

But if you told me I could have an extra $4m this year, and an extra $20m next year, in addition to a serviceable PF to back up my real star player, and a SF that just lit up the Wizards for 35 points in the playoffs a month ago.... well that's something I think I might strongly consider. Just click the link below to see what ESPN Chicago had to say about Dunleavy...

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bull...-mike-dunleavy

And as far as needing to be free of Eric Gordon by 2015, not 16... rather than being able to spend the $16m opened up by him leaving in 2015 on a player to add to our core, if we wait until 2016 and just let Gordon run through his contract, that available cap space will be what we have to use to sign Anthony Davis to his extension. The other way around we can exceed the cap and still be below the luxury tax. It just makes A LOT of difference to what this team will look like during the duration of Anthony's 2nd contract whether or not Gordon is on this team to start the new league calendar next summer. It's so important that it's worth sacrificing Ryan Anderson if we're not sure we have another way to make sure he's not here for his last year.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Incorrect, AD and Gordon BOTH expire at the end of the 2015-2016 season. we MUST sign a big name before we use AD's bird rights, if not it is wasted almost...
    I know, but the way you phrased it made it sound like signing AD to his max would be a hinderance if Gordon isn't here. Worse case scenario, we'll always have the stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    I know, but the way you phrased it made it sound like signing AD to his max would be a hinderance if Gordon isn't here. Worse case scenario, we'll always have the stretch.
    I like Ryan Anderson, but if we can replace what he brings and fill in holes on our team, why rely on a "worse case scenario" like the stretch? I like Ryan Anderson, but he's not worth gambling that you get caught in that scenario.

We could replace Anderson with Dunleavy- who can hit threes and plays a position where we have a hole, Boozer- who could back up AD at power forward and provide rebounding and some scoring off the bench, we could resign Morrow- to provide 3 pt shooting off the bench, and I think we could take the remaing $7-9m in 2014 free agent money and sign Spencer Hawes, who also stretches the defense but actually plays Center which would be a better fit with AD. AND THEN... you've got $20m to spend on finding a long term solution at the SF and additional depth in 2015.

Did I mention we'd also have a draft choice!

Gordon/Anderson/Pierre for Boozer/Dunleavy/16 ....don't be a communist.

Quote Originally Posted by eballa1 View Post

I agree! Please just take Eric Gordon and no take backs!

Honestly why wouldn’t the Bulls be interested in Boozer/Dunleavy for Gordon.
    They have no use for Boozer and they have said they are after a scorer.

Rose and Gordon are friends……it makes perfect sense.
    We don’t have to trade Ryno and they get to keep their pick for more assets.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    If the Bulls say NO DEAL, I think it's so important to be rid of Gordon's deal going into next summer that I'd be willing to sacrifice Ryan Anderson. And I don't think as a one year rental or trade deadline expiring, that Dunleavy is useless. He plays SF and can hit shots.
    If they say NO DEAL, you walk away. Getting rid of good talent on reasonable contract just to unload a contract is how teams get themselves in trouble. It would be crazy to sacrifice Anderson just to unload Gordon's contract. He is more valuable than that.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    Yeah. I would definitely engage Chicago with Eric Gordon, I think we all can agree on that. If they balk..we can try to engage a third team to sweeten the pot. We can use PJ, Withey or even Rivers. If they still balk then we walk... and hope they get desperate. If they engage us in talks about EG it means they struck out on Love and Melo, so maybe they could be desperate. However, we can't give up Ryno for what might end up being an expiring contract. I believe we should just stretch EG to preserve the flexibility.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Tempt them with Gordon.. and PJax... both are scorers. Pjax isn't a known commodity outside of d-league but he would probably do more than either of those picks (maybe) and would be at the PG position behind Rose (incase of injury, break glass type player)

I think if you throw in Rivers, you have a deal with Chitown.. They need a scoring PG and rivers could develop into that..I wasn't a fan when we drafted him..Still not a fan now. Send them Gordon/Rivers for Boozer/pick/whatever it takes to make the money match and Im game.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    If they say NO DEAL, you walk away. Getting rid of good talent on reasonable contract just to unload a contract is how teams get themselves in trouble. It would be crazy to sacrifice Anderson just to unload Gordon's contract. He is more valuable than that.
    Indeed. You include Ryno only if we're getting something back that we'd really want in addition to unloading Gordon.

I think people are forgetting about the ability to stretch Gordon. I'd never give up Ryno to just dump Gordon. If a 2015 1st, Pierre, Withey isn't enough I hold pat and just stretch him.

Ryno is possibly our best trade asset outside of AD, it makes no sense to waste him on moving Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I think people are forgetting about the ability to stretch Gordon. I'd never give up Ryno to just dump Gordon. If a 2015 1st, Pierre, Withey isn't enough I hold pat and just stretch him.

Ryno is possibly our best trade asset outside of AD, it makes no sense to waste him on moving Gordon.
    If only somebody would write 3000 words to remind people about this stretch thing!
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    If only somebody would write 3000 words to remind people about this stretch thing!
    Maybe one of my buddies at BSS can do it. I'll have to ask. . .

I don't want to say I've got connections but, he was able to throw this little thing together I'm sure exclusively for me

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...g-eric-gordon/

And Part 2

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...beasley-model/

Maybe one of my buddies at BSS can do it. I'll have to ask. . .

I don't want to say I've got connections but, he was able to throw this little thing together I'm sure exclusively for me

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...g-eric-gordon/

And Part 2

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...beasley-model/
    Your friends with MM?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Your friends with MM?
    don't tell anyone! shhhhh

don't tell anyone! shhhhh
    Facebook friends don't count.

Thread Information