Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Pels Want Pick

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    This has already been discussed. You can't "owe" two consecutive picks. We don't owe anyone anything so our future picks are fair game. As far as what we offer.. we have a some space under the cap should we need it. We can always do uneven trades and "rent" out our cap space. We can use any combination of PJ, Withey, Ely's non guaranteed deal, or even Rivers to some team looking to make a splash in FA and they need to free up a some money. That would be how I see it playing it out.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    INglis similar to Aminu??
    No. He has way better handles and can already shoot the ball. Remember Aminu played PF in college. Inglis is a true SF.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    No. He has way better handles and can already shoot the ball. Remember Aminu played PF in college. Inglis is a true SF.
    Played point forward quite a bit for his team in fact.
    @mcnamara247

Yeah, I like Ingles too. Guys, my loser-self just watched two hours of tape on the SF's of this draft lmao and one thing hit me at the end.

Despite liking length and versatility and all that, if we could get our hands on Rodney Hood we could have one of the most prolific offenses around lol. And that is without doing anything else.

Jrue Holliday
    Tyreke Evans
    Rodney Hood
    Ryan Anderson
    Anthony Davis

with holliday and tyreke breaking down defenses and penetrating on drives with Hood and Anderson on the perimeter..... forget about it!!

you couldn't leave either of our wings to stop the drive

nor to help out on Anthony Davis

I know, I know AD isn't to be our center; but how in the heck could folks stop that?

Basically I'm just saying, damn, Rodney Hood has empecable form and one of the best releases you'll ever see

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Played point forward quite a bit for his team in fact.
    yep. one of the biggest differences between the two is how much better Inglis is with the ball in his hands.

I heard that a big reason Hood dropped is his complete disinterest in playing defense. Like, 2014 James Harden bad.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    I heard that a big reason Hood dropped is his complete disinterest in playing defense. Like, 2014 James Harden bad.

interesting. thanks. I'm telling ya, it would be really hard to name a prospect who is as impressive shooting the rock as that kid is... ever.

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    interesting. thanks. I'm telling ya, it would be really hard to name a prospect who is as impressive shooting the rock as that kid is... ever.
    Yeah, its basically McDermott, very closely followed by Hood (in just straight sniping), and then everyone else.

Don't know how to imbed, but here's a tweet from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports:

@WojYahooNBA: Suns showing strong willingness to move 27th pick in draft for a future first-rounder, league sources tell Yahoo. Suns have 14 and 18, too.

Woj has pretty good sources, by all accounts. The door is open for Dell if he wants to walk through it. I'd personally take Inglis, he could be the answer to the SF question in a couple of years when we are really ready to contend.

I'd imagine Dell sees it differently though. Maybe it's like MM suggests, a team would take Gordon off our hands in a trade if we threw in a 1st round sweetener in this draft.

I would have to heavily protect the future 1st if I am only gonna get #27. Like, top 20 protected. The issue with that, is once you put protection on a pick like that, you cant trade a future 1st rounder until that one goes to the other team, which gives you less trade chips to play with until the obligation is met. I dont know if that is worth it for the 27th pick when you can likely buy one or get one for Jackson around that area.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I would have to heavily protect the future 1st if I am only gonna get #27. Like, top 20 protected. The issue with that, is once you put protection on a pick like that, you cant trade a future 1st rounder until that one goes to the other team, which gives you less trade chips to play with until the obligation is met. I dont know if that is worth it for the 27th pick when you can likely buy one or get one for Jackson around that area.
    I figure this would have to be an in the moment thing for an inexplicable faller. Say if Dario Saric or Doug McDermott take a tumble and Dell can't resist snappin' 'em up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomdda View Post
    Don't know how to imbed, but here's a tweet from Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports:

@WojYahooNBA: Suns showing strong willingness to move 27th pick in draft for a future first-rounder, league sources tell Yahoo. Suns have 14 and 18, too.

Woj has pretty good sources, by all accounts. The door is open for Dell if he wants to walk through it. I'd personally take Inglis, he could be the answer to the SF question in a couple of years when we are really ready to contend.

I'd imagine Dell sees it differently though. Maybe it's like MM suggests, a team would take Gordon off our hands in a trade if we threw in a 1st round sweetener in this draft.
    Most teams would move a #27 for a future first. #27 is way too low to commit a future 1st to IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post

Sounds like JR Smith

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Thread Information