Thread: Mutual interest between Pels and Blatche

Mutual interest between Pels and Blatche

Just had what i think is a good offseason plan considering we keep Gordon.:

Sign and trade Blatche for Roberts and Aminu

Sign and trade P jackson and a future second for Mbah a Moute

Sign PJ Tucker

Sign Morrow of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Sleeper; 06-13-2014 at 11:24 PM.

Wouldnt mind Blatche
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Ideal Trade Scenario

Brooklyn Trades:
    Andray Blatche (To New Orleans)

New Orleans Trades:
    Al-Farouq Aminu (To Brooklyn)
    Future 2nd Rd. Pick

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Just had what i think is a good offseason plan considering we keep Gordon.:

Sign and trade Blatche for Roberts and Aminu

Sign and trade P jackson and a future second for Mbah a Moute

Sign PJ Tucker

Sign Morrow of course

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I love Mbah a Moute but if you were worried about Aminus offense.....
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Obligatory

I would love a S&T especially if we could magically send aminu and roberts elsewhere. I mean yes they are free agents but...i still am scared they'll be brought back

Can we sign Lebron please. If Lebron want to win at least 8 rings he should come to the Pels.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfBreed View Post
    Can we sign Lebron please. If Lebron want to win at least 8 rings he should come to the Pels.
    Yeah, yeah, sign Lebron! Yeah, that's the ticket!

I would love to get Blatche with the Pelicans. He could be a nice starting center to play along AD.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    Obligatory

This is what I think about when I hear about "bigs with guard like skills". That in&out dribble on D-Mo was crazy.

I'm still the lone person who isn't too excited for Blatche. I don't see where adding the instability and slight upgrade adequately compensates for the loss of Jason Smith who has higher character, work ethic, and gives you 80% of what Blatche does. I worry about Blatche being that fat and happy free agent. And although he isn't doing things like Stripper Sunday or whatever it was like when he was on the Wizards, I still think he has a lot to prove character-wise and would hate to start getting off the court issues past what we'll already likely deal with with Gordon.

And I know it's only one play but my biggest memory of Blatche this year was still him getting the ball nearly out to the three point line and attempting a crossover only to dribble it off his leg, barely recover it, try it again, nearly get it stolen only to have to do a turnaround fade away jumper as the shot clock expired and his teammates stood around and watched. If you all thought Smith pulled the trigger too fast, wait for Blatche. We want to be more like the spurs and increase ball movement and IQ? Maybe don't bring in a guy who thinks he deserves 20 shots per game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    I'm still the lone person who isn't too excited for Blatche. I don't see where adding the instability and slight upgrade adequately compensates for the loss of Jason Smith who has higher character, work ethic, and gives you 80% of what Blatche does. I worry about Blatche being that fat and happy free agent. And although he isn't doing things like Stripper Sunday or whatever it was like when he was on the Wizards, I still think he has a lot to prove character-wise and would hate to start getting off the court issues past what we'll already likely deal with with Gordon.
    I hear you, but at the same time, guys who stay in the league grow up. He's at the age they do that, and he's showed a lot of signs of doing just that with the Nets. And speaking of the the Spurs, Boris Diaw was previously the poster child of the "fat happy" free agent, and he's been crucial in their run. We aren't that locker room, admittedly. I think there's something to be said of a skillset and a body type which isn't present on this roster, and Blatche would provide that with plus rebounding. I have no issue with Jason Smith, but his skillset is heavily replicated on this roster. For what we have to spend, a similar player isn't available.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I'd have to disagree about Smith giving you 80% of what Blatche does. Yes, the character and all that is nice with Jason, but Blatche is a big upgrade over him. And who says Blatche doesn't work hard?

Offensively, Blatche gives you a whole lot more than Smith does. I love Jason, but he's really not going to give you more than mid range jumpers via spot ups or pick and pops. Blatche can hit a jumper, he's a real threat in the post, you can isolate him at the high post/elbow/short corner, and he's a good passer for a big.

And I know it's only one play but my biggest memory of Blatche this year was still him getting the ball nearly out to the three point line and attempting a crossover only to dribble it off his leg, barely recover it, try it again, nearly get it stolen only to have to do a turnaround fade away jumper as the shot clock expired and his teammates stood around and watched. If you all thought Smith pulled the trigger too fast, wait for Blatche. We want to be more like the spurs and increase ball movement and IQ? Maybe don't bring in a guy who thinks he deserves 20 shots per game.
    This is the NBA, not the navy SEALS, even a guy like joakim noah can be knocked for being a pothead.
    Last edited by Writhe; 06-14-2014 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    I'd have to disagree about Smith giving you 80% of what Blatche does. Yes, the character and all that is nice with Jason, but Blatche is a big upgrade over him. And who says Blatche doesn't work hard?

Offensively, Blatche gives you a whole lot more than Smith does. I love Jason, but he's really not going to give you more than mid range jumpers via spot ups or pick and pops. Blatche can hit a jumper, he's a real threat in the post, you can isolate him at the high post/elbow/short corner, and he's a good passer for a big.
    He also has managed to stay on the court, something Jason Smith hasn't really been able to do since he's been here.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    He also has managed to stay on the court, something Jason Smith hasn't really been able to do since he's been here.
    +1. I love Jason's hustle and tenacity, but the guy is just as injury prone as EG. The only time he's played in more than 51 games in a season was in 2010-11 (1st year here). If he's constantly hurt and not on the court, he's not helping us.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    +1. I love Jason's hustle and tenacity, but the guy is just as injury prone as EG. The only time he's played in more than 51 games in a season was in 2010-11 (1st year here). If he's constantly hurt and not on the court, he's not helping us.
    I just don't think his body can handle the physicality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

The Enforcers gonna enforce. Perhaps less enforcing?

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave View Post
    I just don't think his body can handle the physicality.
    All the more reason why we shouldn't be putting our bets for next season on Jason Smith to remain healthy.

Plus what other have said, we need rebounding and defense down low - another Lopez. Blatche can be that, Smith isn't.

All the more reason why we shouldn't be putting our bets for next season on Jason Smith to remain healthy.

Plus what other have said, we need rebounding and defense down low - another Lopez. Blatche can be that, Smith isn't.
    I love Smith but i think he's vastly overrated on our board.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

After a year of "the steamer" I'll accept just about anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Biasvasospasm View Post
    I hear you, but at the same time, guys who stay in the league grow up. He's at the age they do that, and he's showed a lot of signs of doing just that with the Nets. And speaking of the the Spurs, Boris Diaw was previously the poster child of the "fat happy" free agent, and he's been crucial in their run. We aren't that locker room, admittedly. I think there's something to be said of a skillset and a body type which isn't present on this roster, and Blatche would provide that with plus rebounding. I have no issue with Jason Smith, but his skillset is heavily replicated on this roster. For what we have to spend, a similar player isn't available.
    Good point. Everytime you post I'll always tell you to please post on here more often. I really hope he's turned a corner. I hate focusing on off court issues or intangibles with players as they're oftenoverblown, and if ZBo can turn into a good guy, why not Blatche. If he comes here I'll root for him. I don't hate the move but until I see us play, I'll be a little pessimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post

But is that what we lack? If Blatche were on the roster would you be okay with AD Holiday or Evans taking less shots so that Blatche could post up or take isos? I agree his passing and being able to put the ball on the floor would be beneficial. I know there aren't a whole lot of players that tick the checkboxes we need and we're on a budget but I was hoping for ore of a rim protector. Still, I can see where we'd need a better shooter than Steamer if when Reke is in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Writhe View Post
    This is the NBA, not the navy SEALS, even a guy like joakim noah can be knocked for being a pothead.
    I don't know what this means.

Now THAT I agree with. I'm not part of the medical staffso I would love to hear their opinion on why Smitty hasn't been able to stay healthy but if they think his past record will continue, then I'd agree on moving forward with someone else.

John Reid @JohnReid64 about 1 hour ago
    Also, sources say the Pelicans are not interested in trying to sign Nets' forward Andray Blatche in free agency.

Read more: http://hoopshype.com/twitter/media.html#ixzz34eRJpMRu

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    You know nothing John Reid.

Seriously though I take that as they want to do a S&T.

Thread Information