Pelicans Report

Thread: Julius Randle Headed for Jared Sullinger Type Drop

Julius Randle Headed for Jared Sullinger Type Drop

Stinks to be him. NBA teams are checking his body to see if it is more broken than first thought, and they come across this foot problem.

http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2014/sto...ly-healed-foot

If he ends up dropping would you make the move for him?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I doubt it. He's far more athletic than Sullinger. I don't see him falling out of the top 10.

Alex Len and Anthony Bennett both had to miss as much time as this, if not more, last year. Didnt effect their draft stock one bit. In fact, they actually went higher than expected.

The problem with Sullinger, which wasnt reported at the time but I told people on the podcast, was the difference in his leg lengths and that was very similar to Oden's issues. So people thought he would have more back problems down the line.

Randle will not fall like that. He will be top 8 still.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Alex Len and Anthony Bennett both had to miss as much time as this, if not more, last year. Didnt effect their draft stock one bit. In fact, they actually went higher than expected.

The problem with Sullinger, which wasnt reported at the time but I told people on the podcast, was the difference in his leg lengths and that was very similar to Oden's issues. So people thought he would have more back problems down the line.

Randle will not fall like that. He will be top 8 still.
    Didn't Sullinger already have back issues as well?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

He did, but that didnt bother teams as much as WHY he had them. If it was just a pinched nerve or a herniated disk, you can have surgery and solve that. But guys whose legs are that mismatched will always have problems. You can do little things like have thicker insoles in one show, orthodics, etc. But it wont solve the problem long term. 82 game grind over multiple years - he will wear down, and have issues again - probably before his 2nd contract.

Nothing long term to worry about with Randle's injury. His situation is closer to Bennett's and Len's

Interestingly enough, Randle is visiting the Celtics (the current employer of said Mr. Sullinger).

I was never extremely high on Sullinger to begin with, so his drop was to be expected, but I can see Randle's foot being blown out of proportion and him falling a bit (mix in some hot shot flying up the board), and a team like the Spurs trading a player to land him.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Interestingly enough, Randle is visiting the Celtics (the current employer of said Mr. Sullinger).

I was never extremely high on Sullinger to begin with, so his drop was to be expected, but I can see Randle's foot being blown out of proportion and him falling a bit (mix in some hot shot flying up the board), and a team like the Spurs trading a player to land him.
    I don't think Sullinger drops much at all without the medical risks. He was always a top talent.

Randle just called out woj, telling him to check his sources.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    He did, but that didnt bother teams as much as WHY he had them. If it was just a pinched nerve or a herniated disk, you can have surgery and solve that. But guys whose legs are that mismatched will always have problems. You can do little things like have thicker insoles in one show, orthodics, etc. But it wont solve the problem long term. 82 game grind over multiple years - he will wear down, and have issues again - probably before his 2nd contract.

Nothing long term to worry about with Randle's injury. His situation is closer to Bennett's and Len's
    My point was it was an AND thing that contributed to the drop. If he never had back issues and had the leg discrepancy issues I think he would have gone higher. If he had back issues without the leg issues he would have gone higher; but the two concerns coupled ie back issues being evidence that his legs were an issue, were a perfect draft day slide cocktail.

I dont think Randle will be that good in the NBA..He relied on bully ball in college and he isn't big/long enough to dominate that way in the NBA

Thread Information