Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lance Stephenson to Pels?

Quote Originally Posted by Blattman View Post
    It tells me one thing : Dell has been working the phone lately. If a lot of rival execs are expecting a sign-and-trade by the pelicans, it's probably because he called them to gauge interest in some contracts.
    Or maybe it's just because we did it with Reke and Anderson ??

Eric Gordon for greg monroe in a sign and trade then MLE on pj Tucker is on its way.

While he was on a contract year, he has improved every year since entering the NBA. It's year 3 and year 4 when players win the MIP player awards, so this usually is when the light comes on. The light came on, he is just a little dim.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Eric Gordon for greg monroe in a sign and trade then MLE on pj Tucker is on its way.
    I wish...

Eric gordon for greg monroe sign and trade
    Ryan anderson for gordon hayward sign and trade

Woohoo!

Probably has been said already but his game is too similar ot Reke's except he can shoot and is a headcase.
    SIGN A SF

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Anthony Davis for Kobe Bryant

Ryan Anderson for Lance Stephenson

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar

Annnnnnnnnnyway, no thanks to Lance Stephenson

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post

Annnnnnnnnnyway, no thanks to Lance Stephenson
    Yo, what's your per36 IQ score dawg. Mine was an 8. What a bunch of dummies though, they had the 8 sideways an italicized.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    The Pacers need offense, and they need it from the SG position. If this is all happening it's because bringing Lance back is not an option the Pacers want. They only have the MLE and the SG market is very thin. Stephenson being an RFA means he has veto power meaning you can't do something like Afflalo for Stephenson because why would Lance go to a rebuilding situation? Gordon really is one of the few guys that fits starting caliber SG that can score and space and is available via trade. McNamara proposed a 3 team deal on twitter involving Denver: Gordon for Stephenson for McGee. I like the teams involved, but let me turn Gordon into Wilson Chandler and future cap space instead of McGee.
    They probably need a point guard much more than a SG. Lance has the ability to be more of a scorer

Lance has the ability to be more of a scorer
    But the whole reason this is coming up is that the Pacers may not want Lance back. And while they may need a better PG, they already over paid for Hill so they are kind of stuck. So if your trade piece is Lance, you have no cap space, minimal exceptions, and you're stuck with Hill, what are your options?

Quote Originally Posted by AirForce1 View Post
    Or maybe it's just because we did it with Reke and Anderson ??
    Maybe. Of course, the fact that Dell loves to sign pursue players out of their rookie contract should be a factor but in the case of both Reke and Anderson, the Pels had more cap space, the team was expected to be a major actor in their respective FA.

What about a 3 team deal with Charlotte? Stephenson to the Hornets, Gordon to Indy, MKG to us.

No way Ryan for Stephenson. That guy is a jerk!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    What about a 3 team deal with Charlotte? Stephenson to the Hornets, Gordon to Indy, MKG to us.
    Say what you will, but I like this idea. I believe MKG has a lot to give whoever takes him, he just needs to be in the right system.

I don't want a jerk like Stephenson on the team! No thanks!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Blattman View Post
    It tells me one thing : Dell has been working the phone lately. If a lot of rival execs are expecting a sign-and-trade by the pelicans, it's probably because he called them to gauge interest in some contracts. It may be for Stephenson, but it could also be for any free agent (Monroe, Gordon Hayward, Zach Randolph, Tucker or Luol Deng for example).
    I wish we knew what Dell's plans were.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Say what you will, but I like this idea. I believe MKG has a lot to give whoever takes him, he just needs to be in the right system.
    I agree with ya there. I haven't watched him play much, but I think having him on the team with Davis, Reke, and Jrue would do wonders in taking the pressure off him to develop offensively. He would still need to develop... just he wouldn't be in the "bright lights" of Charlotte with all the expectations floating around him...

plus i'd love to see Charlotte Hornets first trade with the Pelicans haha

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I feel the same way. Mark Price is doing a terrible job developing his shot.
    Just look at this video. Price doesn't even know how his own shot is. http://youtu.be/NII9RZ7HvFs

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    There is no way Monty would let Dell trade for Stevenson .....definitely the opposite kind of character he wants.

Wouldn't Reke and MKG on the wings kill our spacing?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    I feel the same way. Mark Price is doing a terrible job developing his shot.
    Just look at this video. Price doesn't even know how his own shot is. http://youtu.be/NII9RZ7HvFs
    LOL "Why does his elbow look possessed by a demon?"

Quote Originally Posted by The JNR View Post
    Wouldn't Reke and MKG on the wings kill our spacing?
    Dude they could pack the entire defense in/near the paint if we got MKG. I think he'll be a good player one day but him and Reke on the floor together can't happen. Even with Jrue and Ryno on the court a team could dedicate one defender to taking away the drive... leaving Reke or MGK open for the J.

I like MKG but we might as well keep AFA... at least he does make a jumper every now and then.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I thought he dominated the ball too until I saw that stat.

Did anybody actually read the article though? Zach Lowe is DESTROYING this dude... but then starts talking about his potential. Scary.

Here is the actual quote about the Pels...
    I read the article, but I think this is one of those cases where the stats don't truly reflect a guys skill set. I think the fact that Paul George is in the team had a big impact on how he played. I think Stephens go somewhere with lesser accomplished players his usage rate shots up. Kind of how Harden did when he went to Houston.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    LOL "Why does his elbow look possessed by a demon?"
    I laughed pretty hard at that.

Thread Information