Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Lance Stephenson to Pels?

Lance Stephenson to Pels?

http://grantland.com/features/the-co...ce-stephenson/

In the article, it mentions that many execs have mentioned the Pels as S&T candidates.

Quote Originally Posted by jsl05 View Post

In the article, it mentions that many execs have mentioned the Pels as S&T candidates.
    We don't need another ball dominate guard. It's was one of the reasons I didn't like bringing in Evans after matching Gordon's contract and trading for Holiday. That'll be too much money for Holiday/Evans/Stephenson and all three make their biggest impact with the ball in their hands.

idk where he would fit, unless this team is set on running tyreke at the 3.

I wouldn't mind having Stephenson here, but as has been brought up before, where does he play? Jrue/Stephenson/Reke/Davis/? Seems like it could be a fun starting 5, but Idk.

Maybe we are mentioned in these s&t's as a 3rd team, much like when it took Portland to get involved for us to S&T for Reke.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Since his value on the market seems to be plummeting I would be down...Before he started getting attacked by the media and everyone, I thought he could get a max or near max deal.

He has a kind of a similar skillset to Tyreke but defends and shoots much better, just more of a headcase

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    I would take him if that sign and trade gets Gordon on the move. Or Maybe a Denver-NO-Ind three team trade??? Send Gordon to Indy, Stephenson to Den and we get somebody from Denver.

I could see him fitting. We'd have to start Ryan, because Stephenson is pretty much just an average shooter. But he might even be better equipped to guard 3s than 1s and 2s, and while his rebounds are inflated he's still a good rebounder. It would for sure be a different approach to anything the NBA has ever seen offensively. But defensively you would be in a neat situation of being able to switch everything on the perimeter.

The less realistic part would be working out a trade that makes sense.

Have no idea why the Pacers want Gordon over Stephens. Would you? Lance is almost certain to be cheaper, slightly younger and IMO the superior player to Eric. And it's not like Eric is Mr. Sunshine in the locker room either. If you are the Pacers why swap?
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 06-10-2014 at 11:53 AM.

Nobody should want Gordon tbh...His trade value should be dirt unless someone thinks he can recover to his old Clipper days

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Have no idea why the Pacers want Gordon over Stephens. Would you? Lance is almost certain to be cheaper and IMO the superior player to Eric. And it's not like Eric is Mr. Sunshine in the locker room. If you are the Pacers why swap?
    Probably less money committed long term, Gordon's contract expires the same year as Hibbert and West. We'd probably have to take Hill too though, which would be a pretty weird roster. No doubt would need a third team.

Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    Nobody should want Gordon tbh...His trade value should be dirt unless someone thinks he can recover to his old Clipper days
    So if we bring in Stephens at something like 9-10M's per season that's Holiday, Evans, Gordon, and Stephens all on the same team. Eating up the majority of the teams cap space.

So if we bring in Stephens at something like 9-10M's per season that's Holiday, Evans, Gordon, and Stephens all on the same team. Eating up the majority of the teams cap space.
    It better having them eat up cap space as opposed to a Jerome James type eating up space. At least with those 4 you know that your bench will have somebody to give them a punchers chance.

And if we could somehow help them facilitate getting Lowry or Isiah Thomas I think they'd have no problem taking Gordon's contract

Could Stephenson and Evan turner for Gordon work?

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    speculation is different from assumption.

Evans and Gordon are movable, I just dont think anyone will give up anything valuable for Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by jsl05 View Post

It tells me one thing : Dell has been working the phone lately. If a lot of rival execs are expecting a sign-and-trade by the pelicans, it's probably because he called them to gauge interest in some contracts. It may be for Stephenson, but it could also be for any free agent (Monroe, Gordon Hayward, Zach Randolph, Tucker or Luol Deng for example).
    Last edited by Blattman; 06-10-2014 at 12:32 PM.

We don't need another ball dominate guard.
    He looks like a ball-dominant scorer, but Stephenson actually used just 19 percent of Indiana’s possessions while on the floor this season. If a five-man group divided possessions evenly, each guy would soak up 20 percent; Stephenson’s usage rate was very low for a borderline All-Star.
    I thought he dominated the ball too until I saw that stat.

Did anybody actually read the article though? Zach Lowe is DESTROYING this dude... but then starts talking about his potential. Scary.

Here is the actual quote about the Pels...

New Orleans Pelicans: Lots of rival executives mentioned the Pelicans, but it’s hard to see a match on either side.
    Last edited by DroopyDawg; 06-10-2014 at 12:39 PM.

Have no idea why the Pacers want Gordon over Stephens. Would you? Lance is almost certain to be cheaper, slightly younger and IMO the superior player to Eric. And it's not like Eric is Mr. Sunshine in the locker room either. If you are the Pacers why swap?
    The only reason why I could see, is because he's not fitting in the locker room which is a huge concern.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Have you not heard all the rumors swirling about personal issues with his teammates? I haven't heard the c word used yet, but the symptoms seem to match.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    You also have to remember, the Pels locker room is completely different than the Pacers locker room. Plus we want nothing to do with Turner AND Stephenson. Didn't they have beef?

If the pacers couldn't reel him in i seriously doubt we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    If the pacers couldn't reel him in i seriously doubt we can.
    Not that it's an excuse, but he was on a contract year. I attribute a lot of his play good and bad to trying to earn a few extra million (can't blame him there). I think thats exactly where the.. selfish dudes comment came from.

The Pacers need offense, and they need it from the SG position. If this is all happening it's because bringing Lance back is not an option the Pacers want. They only have the MLE and the SG market is very thin. Stephenson being an RFA means he has veto power meaning you can't do something like Afflalo for Stephenson because why would Lance go to a rebuilding situation? Gordon really is one of the few guys that fits starting caliber SG that can score and space and is available via trade. McNamara proposed a 3 team deal on twitter involving Denver: Gordon for Stephenson for McGee. I like the teams involved, but let me turn Gordon into Wilson Chandler and future cap space instead of McGee.

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    The Pacers need offense, and they need it from the SG position. If this is all happening it's because bringing Lance back is not an option the Pacers want. They only have the MLE and the SG market is very thin. Stephenson being an RFA means he has veto power meaning you can't do something like Afflalo for Stephenson because why would Lance go to a rebuilding situation? Gordon really is one of the few guys that fits starting caliber SG that can score and space and is available via trade. McNamara proposed a 3 team deal on twitter involving Denver: Gordon for Stephenson for McGee. I like the teams involved, but let me turn Gordon into Wilson Chandler and future cap space instead of McGee.
    Well im sure earning a few million above market value per year would do it.

Thread Information