Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 16 Teams Have Called About Trading For K.Love

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Again those are the numbers. I'm a person who isn't a huge number pusher. However those are the stats we have after two seasons in the "real world".
    Lol. Ok buddy.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quite honestly, I never saw Love becoming the player he has turned out to be....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

The Suns apparently are one of the teams offering up some combination of bledsoe and harris along with some other stuff

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I wonder if love is going to receive the scrutiny that others have for doing this same thing. Wonder if his championship clock ticks much louder now.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ludiculous View Post
    The Suns apparently are one of the teams offering up some combination of bledsoe and harris along with some other stuff

Bledsoe is a RFA so he would have to be willing to go to Minnesota. Not sure if he would want to go there with Rubio already there. Although he just played alongside Dragic and had some success and Rubio is a passer 1st until Goran.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I wonder if love is going to receive the scrutiny that others have for doing this same thing. Wonder if his championship clock ticks much louder now.
    To me Love is overrated. Not willing to call his production "stat stuffing" but 6 years(although some ended with injuries) and no playoff appearances? That to me is a red flag on just how good Kevin Love really is.
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 06-08-2014 at 01:31 PM.

To me Love is overrated. Not willing to call his production "stat stuffing" but 6 years(although so ended with injuries) and no playoff appearances? That to me is a red flag on just how good Kevin Love really is.
    I think he is as well. This is why i'm wondering how this will be received. Our of all the guys who have forced a trade, Love is the least talented. There is absolutely no question that Love needs a lot of help to be a contender. I wonder if the media goes after him like Melo, Howard, and Paul (starting to get on him at least) ?

What is the consensus on Love and how much lower should he be rated?

Seems like he is thought of as the 2nd best PF in the league behind Griffin. 4th best forward overall. Maybe 9th-12th best player according to All-NBA voting, MVP voting, etc.

So that is where he is rated. By how much is he "overrated"? Do people think Aldridge is better? Al Jefferson? Paul George?

What is his proper rating?
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    What is the consensus on Love and how much lower should he be rated?

Seems like he is thought of as the 2nd best PF in the league behind Griffin. 4th best forward overall. Maybe 9th-12th best player according to All-NBA voting, MVP voting, etc.

So that is where he is rated. By how much is he "overrated"? Do people think Aldridge is better? Al Jefferson? Paul George?

What is his proper rating?
    He's anywhere between 1-5 at PF at any given time. I'd say he and Aldridge are debatable, but it's interesting you bring him up. I just don't think either are franchise cornerstones. I don't think Jefferson is and at this point neither is Paul George. My point about being overrated is, he is acting like he's a superstar demanding moves and he's just not. I have him in the Star category, not superstar. If he can keep up his level of play like last year he's on the fringes, but I think he used last year as his "contract year" so he could do this.

So, he is not overrated by the public then? Its his actions that bother you. Only elite, franchise cornerstones should be able to ask for trades, and maybe not even them.

To me, he is a human being that should use whatever means necessary to put himself in a position that he thinks will make him happy. Yes, he signed a contract, but I don't see him saying that he will not honor it - so no moral wrong doing here. And lets not forget, he wanted to sign the 5 yr deal; it was Kahn who basically made it a 3 yr deal.

It sounds to me like the word overrated was misused, since I do tend to believe he is a top 9-12 player, which falls in line with his rating. People don't like his actions or don't think he deserves to do such actions. I don't agree with that. It is a game with a ball. If he thinks something else will make him happy, then let him go for it.

So, he is not overrated by the public then? Its his actions that bother you. Only elite, franchise cornerstones should be able to ask for trades, and maybe not even them.

To me, he is a human being that should use whatever means necessary to put himself in a position that he thinks will make him happy. Yes, he signed a contract, but I don't see him saying that he will not honor it - so no moral wrong doing here. And lets not forget, he wanted to sign the 5 yr deal; it was Kahn who basically made it a 3 yr deal.

It sounds to me like the word overrated was misused, since I do tend to believe he is a top 9-12 player, which falls in line with his rating. People don't like his actions or don't think he deserves to do such actions. I don't agree with that. It is a game with a ball. If he thinks something else will make him happy, then let him go for it.
    That's your opinion and I'll respect that. You don't agree with that, and I do. Doesn't make your or my opinion on it any more right or wrong.

Didn't say it was. I am just trying to be clear here.

I saw two people call him overrated. I just think there is another, more apt term. Unless someone wants to make the case that he is not a top 12 player.

Over-entitled. Over-confident. Over-nepotistic.

I can see the argument for those. But overrated is only true if your perceived rating exceeds your actual rating. I don't know if he is "overrated."

Wait he isn't demanding to be traded is he. I thought he just told the Twolves that he was opting out so they want to trade him so they don't lose him for nothing. IMO I think it's way more classy to do it that way so the team still benefits from the player leaving. Similar to us and Paul

Didn't say it was. I am just trying to be clear here.

I saw two people call him overrated. I just think there is another, more apt term. Unless someone wants to make the case that he is not a top 12 player.

Over-entitled. Over-confident. Over-nepotistic.

I can see the argument for those. But overrated is only true if your perceived rating exceeds your actual rating. I don't know if he is "overrated."
    I think he is a tad overated. Still a great player. Needs to improve on the defensive end. His rebounding numbers are inflated because he doesn't play defense and just gets into rebounding position. Def star status just not super star status

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    That's your opinion and I'll respect that. You don't agree with that, and I do. Doesn't make your or my opinion on it any more right or wrong.
    Well, my opinion is the REAL right opinion but I choose not to weigh in on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by bradael View Post

Love is a nice player. But I have no problem calling Ryan Anderson a poor mans K love. He'll never be as good on the glass, or as a passer. But I could see his post game get a little closer. 22 games is a small sample size but I saw a lot I liked. 20 ppg! Not all 3s!

I think he is a tad overated. Still a great player. Needs to improve on the defensive end. His rebounding numbers are inflated because he doesn't play defense and just gets into rebounding position. Def star status just not super star status

Okay, so his stats are inflated. But again, overrated means his perceived rating is better than his actual rating. Are there 12 players definitely better than him? I don't know the answer to that question, but to call someone overrated, I would have to be able to say there are definitely 10-12 guys undoubtedly better. I can't say that about him right now, one way or the other

Okay, so his stats are inflated. But again, overrated means his perceived rating is better than his actual rating. Are there 12 players definitely better than him? I don't know the answer to that question, but to call someone overrated, I would have to be able to say there are definitely 10-12 guys undoubtedly better. I can't say that about him right now, one way or the other
    OK maybe over hyped. Would be the better word

Business

OK maybe over hyped. Would be the better word

No overrated is fine. There's a ranking (ie 1-whatever) and than there's individual rating(A+-F). Love by many is considered a superstar. I would say he's a star player. Therefore he's overrated. Regardless if he's ranked properly or not.
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 06-08-2014 at 05:40 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    No overrated is fine. There's a ranking (is 1-whatever) and than there's individual rating(A+-F). Love by many is considered a superstar. I would say he's a star player. Therefore he's overrated. Regardless if he's ranked properly or not.
    The entire SUPERSTAR vs STAR debate is ESPN created nonsense that has nothing to do with basketball but allows people to debate and argue all day to fill airtime. But it's a worthless distinction that isn't defined by anything quantifiable and therefor can only be argued about and never proven. Perfect for television, horrible for any other purpose.

I swear cable news ruined debate in the 90s and ESPN has shat on what's left of it.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    The entire SUPERSTAR vs STAR debate is ESPN created nonsense that has nothing to do with basketball but allows people to debate and argue all day to fill airtime. But it's a worthless distinction that isn't defined by anything quantifiable and therefor can only be argued about and never proven. Perfect for television, horrible for any other purpose.

I swear cable news ruined debate in the 90s and ESPN has shat on what's left of it.
    About 90% of Pr discussion can't be proven... so there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post

You can say a lot of the talking points around basketball is nonsense. How do you rank players that's really BS when you think about it. All-Star appearances are based on reputation and popularity as much as anything on court.

Star vs superstar is certainly simpifed and highly subjective, but it has merit.

You can say a lot of the talking points around basketball is nonsense. How do you rank players that's really BS when you think about it. All-Star appearances are based on reputation and popularity as much as anything on court.

Star vs superstar is certainly simpifed and highly subjective, but it has merit.
    I'm very interested to know what you mean by "Star" and what "Superstar" means. I want a very detailed and very logical description (and explanation that follows). Really curious to know what all of you mean by "Star" and "Superstar"

Thread Information