Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 16 Teams Have Called About Trading For K.Love

16 Teams Have Called About Trading For K.Love

Kevin Love - F/C - Timberwolves

Coach Flip Saunders said 16 teams have called about acquiring Kevin Love.
    He added that he hasn't called anybody back and he thought that the Celtics didn't have anything to do with Love's much-publicized weekend in Boston. The All-Star said he wants out and this story will probably see some sort of update every day until he's dealt.
    Source: Star Tribune
    Jun 6 - 10:57 AM
    SIGN A SF

Shocked it is not 29. Who isn't calling at least to check?
    @mcnamara247

I am putting my money on the Bulls or Celtics landing K-Love. They have the most to give.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 06-06-2014 at 01:32 PM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Yeah I have the Celtics as front runners they IMO can give the best deal to Minnesota.

I'm thinking Jeff Green, Jared Sullinger, and 2014 6th pick for Love. Sullinger right now is a poor mans Love with the potential to be almost as good IMO. I think Green and Sullinger are plug and play guys day one which allows the Wolves to either be safe and take BPA or pick for need which would be a SG with that 6th pick.

Not sure how the Bulls can match that offer without losing a core piece.

I think the C's swing hard for Gordon Hayward or Chandler Parsons and think they have their own core 3 of Love/Rondo/Hayward or Parsons and that's enough in the weak East.
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 06-06-2014 at 02:17 PM.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Celts gonna screw them over again. Minnesota is their minor-league affiliate.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Yeah I have the Celtics as front runners they IMO can give the best deal to Minnesota.

I'm thinking Jeff Green, Jared Sullinger, and 2014 6th pick for Love. Sullinger right now is a poor mans Love with the potential to be almost as good IMO. I think Green and Sullinger are plug and play guys day one which allows the Wolves to either be safe and take BPA or pick for need which would be a SG with that 6th pick.

Not sure how the Bulls can match that offer without losing a core piece.

I think the C's swing hard for Gordon Hayward or Chandler Parsons and think they have their own core 3 of Love/Rondo/Hayward or Parsons and that's enough in the weak East.
    It's a far cry from KG/Allen/Pierce, but any combination of the 3 is enough to get you a top 4 seed in the East. Then again, any combo of the 3 nets you a core 3 under the age of 28. That would be a young and strong team (if they keep some talent on their team).

Sullinger can be "almost as good" as Love?

42.7% FG, 27% from 3. How does everyone get props from you save for Davis? I don't get it. You are not a troll, I know that, but if somebody were to troll this site, they would post things very similar to what you post. It is remarkable.

I see him going to the Bulls they have more to offer like Gibson or Boozers 16.8m expiring

If I am the Bulls I would throw in D Rose if they throw in Rubio. Give them one of the more marketable players in the NBA, the Bulls get a solid defender who can't shoot but can create for others.

Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    I see him going to the Bulls they have more to offer like Gibson or Boozers 16.8m expiring
    No offense, but how is that anything worth offering lol? A role player and an expiring? I feel like 70% of the league can offer that.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Sullinger can be "almost as good" as Love?

42.7% FG, 27% from 3. How does everyone get props from you save for Davis? I don't get it. You are not a troll, I know that, but if somebody were to troll this site, they would post things very similar to what you post. It is remarkable.
    This is false. I have given Davis props and credit for all the things I see. I thought at best coming in he was maybe the 4th best player on a title team. I now believe he can be the 2nd best player on a title team that is a substantial increase in ceiling. The problem isn't that I'm not changing the problem is I'm not changing to your liking.

Not sure why you are anybody else feels the need to bring my views on Davis into every single thread.

CP3 & 11 Others could help us sort all of this out.

da Throne, did you say that Kawhi Leonard was a better player than Anthony Davis? Or a better #1 than AD?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    CP3 & 11 Others could help us sort all of this out.

da Throne, did you say that Kawhi Leonard was a better player than Anthony Davis? Or a better #1 than AD?
    This is not the thread for Leonard vs Davis. If you want to have this discussion go back and dig up the thread where this discussion started and I'll gladly give you my opinion.

No, obviously this isn't the thread, but yesterday MM brought up a post somebody made saying that Leonard is a better #1 than Davis. I asked him to pull up the post (as I thought he was inferring that I posted that) but he never did. I thought it might have been you that said it, because it wasn't me.

As for Sullinger, who knows what that guys potential will be. If he can overcome his leg issues then he really can be something special to watch out for.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    No, obviously this isn't the thread, but yesterday MM brought up a post somebody made saying that Leonard is a better #1 than Davis. I asked him to pull up the post (as I thought he was inferring that I posted that) but he never did. I thought it might have been you that said it, because it wasn't me.

As for Sullinger, who knows what that guys potential will be. If he can overcome his leg issues then he really can be something special to watch out for.
    OK I'll just say MM comments were differently directed at me.

As for Sullinger here's a guy that would have been in discussion as the number one overall pick had he left as a freshman and would have gone top 7 had there not been major red flags about his back. I don't see where saying at his peak he can be almost as good as Love is some crazy statement, but since I'm the semi-trolling "bad guy" on PR.com I guess it's completely far fetched.

Sullinger almost as good as Love, lol.

Do you get a thrill living out in la-la land?

OK I'll just say MM comments were differently directed at me.

As for Sullinger here's a guy that would have been in discussion as the number one overall pick had he left as a freshman and would have gone top 7 had there not been major red flags about his back. I don't see where saying at his peak he can be almost as good as Love is some crazy statement, but since I'm the semi-trolling "bad guy" on PR.com I guess it's completely far fetched.
    I don't think it's you saying Sullinger could potentially be like love is the issue. I think it's the fact that you said a guy who shot 27% from 3 can peak at Love's level yet the guy who has shown so much more than sullinger, and is on the team that you cheer for, can't get the benefit of the doubt.

Even after you have admitted you have assessed him wrong once already.

As a semi-trolling guy myself I almost agree with you. Who would have guessed that DeJuan Blair's lack of knees wouldn't have hampered his NBA career (that is why he fell)? Point is, who knows what Sullinger can do? He can still rise up the charts if he can stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    No offense, but how is that anything worth offering lol? A role player and an expiring? I feel like 70% of the league can offer that.
    part of the deal

The Timberwolves privately maintain they already have fielded better offers from other teams, among them the Chicago Bulls, who can offer draft picks and some combination of Jimmy Butler and Taj Gibson along with Carlos Boozer, whose bloated $16.8 million contract expires next summer and represents the kind of cap space rebuilding teams crave.

http://www.blogabull.com/2014/6/5/57...s-timberwolves

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Wow.

Terrible. Terrible. Terrible.

Could Golden State offer a package consisting of Lee, Barnes, Green and future #1s? I guess it would depend on whether Minnesota saw Lee as valuable or just overpaid.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Could Golden State offer a package consisting of Lee, Barnes, Green and future #1s? I guess it would depend on whether Minnesota saw Lee as valuable or just overpaid.
    That would be a good deal for both sides. Both teams remain competitive, and may even be better than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I don't think it's you saying Sullinger could potentially be like love is the issue. I think it's the fact that you said a guy who shot 27% from 3 can peak at Love's level yet the guy who has shown so much more than sullinger, and is on the team that you cheer for, can't get the benefit of the doubt.

Even after you have admitted you have assessed him wrong once already.
    Love after two seasons was .296% on a total of 125 3pt attempts
    Sullinger after two seasons is .268% on a total of 213 3pt attempts

After two seasons were is the big difference?

Love after two seasons was .296% on a total of 125 3pt attempts
    Sullinger after two seasons is .268% on a total of 213 3pt attempts

After two seasons were is the big difference?
    Maybe it's because one of those years Love actually shot 33% and the other year he only had 19 attempts, greatly skewering his numbers. . .

But you know. Keep ignoring the bigger point of my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Maybe it's because one of those years Love actually shot 33% and the other year he only had 19 attempts, greatly skewering his numbers. . .

But you know. Keep ignoring the bigger point of my post.
    Again those are the numbers. I'm a person who isn't a huge number pusher. However those are the stats we have after two seasons in the "real world".

Thread Information