Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alternate Jersey for 2014?

Alternate Jersey for 2014?

Anybody have any info on when they are gonna release the alternate and if it's going to be red or gold? Thanks.

I could see a gold regular jersey, and a sleeved red jersey.

We can't before another year passes, so for the 2015/16 season if we're lucky. And if it's only sleeved, i hope we never have an alternate

What happened to the guy that did all the graphic design stuff for the Hornets and Pelicans, before we were branded the Pelicans? He would always come on here with uniform ideas, and ideas for the court.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Would love to see a Red and a black Jersey

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    We can't before another year passes, so for the 2015/16 season if we're lucky. And if it's only sleeved, i hope we never have an alternate
    I read that we couldn't have one until the 2nd season of being the Pelicans, thus allowing us to have one this coming year.

Quote Originally Posted by jsl05 View Post
    I read that we couldn't have one until the 2nd season of being the Pelicans, thus allowing us to have one this coming year.
    Yeah I could have sworn that after the first season you could release an alternate jersey. And the year after that another one because they don't want us to "flood the market"

Bring back the Mardi Gras jerseys.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    What happened to the guy that did all the graphic design stuff for the Hornets and Pelicans, before we were branded the Pelicans? He would always come on here with uniform ideas, and ideas for the court.
    Don't say his name 5 times while looking in a mirror or he will appear like Candyman

Quote Originally Posted by AirForce1 View Post
    Bring back the Mardi Gras jerseys.
    Totally not an empty quote.

BIG DUB!!!!!!!!

Big Dub...where are you?!?!

Maybe he's Dubbing as we speak

during last year's uni reveal it was mentioned that an alternate would come this summer and another next summer... so we do have 2 alternates on the way... 1 coming this offseason

http://www.wwltv.com/sports/basketba...217977741.html

The NBA will not allow a Mardi Gras jersey, or any special jersey in year one of their new name.

But the team will unveil an alternate uniform in 2014-15 and a special fourth uniform in 2015-16, Pelicans official Jim Eichenhofer said.
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Incorrect.

It would likely be unveiled between August and October. Last year, the uniforms were unveiled in August.

These were the two ideas Big Dub posted on here.

Big Dubs always does his thing
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Incorrect.
    Believe it or not though, what Kurgan said has been the standard NBA rule for a while. With the last two Hornets jerseys, we had to wait two seasons for alternates. Now IDK if the NBA has changed up their stance since then or just granted us special permission to do it this season as referenced above, but Kurgan didn't just pull that out of his rear end.

http://www.nba.com/hornets/

The new Hornets uniforms were unveiled today, but I noticed something peculiar. They had their home and road uniforms but also had an alternate. Didn't they say last year that we couldn't have an alternate?

I like the colours much better than our own, from a personal perspective, but those jerseys are really...bland. Unimpressive. Forgettable.

And not even pinstripes?

I thought they'd do better. This looks like a bobcats teal jersey

Thread Information