Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Morrow just re-tweeted this

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    man yall are hating on dell, the dude got rid of ariza, okafor and juju for good pieces, then made a GREAT trade for jrue and got a 20-6-6 guy in tyreke for 11 mil.

he also got Ryno for 8 mil a year...

Ya he sucks...
    I know you love per36 and all, but when you say he got a 20-6-6 guy that implies that he actually put up 20-6-6, which he didn't. He did for about 20 games but that is 1/4 of the season
    never assume

Quote Originally Posted by jgman View Post
    I know you love per36 and all, but when you say he got a 20-6-6 guy that implies that he actually put up 20-6-6, which he didn't. He did for about 20 games but that is 1/4 of the season
    This is true but there is no doubt in my mind that if he started the whole year he would have done just that. We already know he can, he did it as a rookie going 20-6-5

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    lol FIGHT THAT GOOD FIGHT

In Tyreke's defense he got the lowest amount of minutes per game ever in his career. I don't doubt if given starter minutes he would have been 20-6-6. When he did get those minutes during the season, he put up those numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    Dell will be here you can bet on that
    If I'm Anthony Morrow, I'd be literally betting millions...

Honestly what would be wrong If we use the 6M in caps space to sign both Jason Smith and Anthony Morrow and then use the MLE on a SF like Tucker?
    We all talk about how this team would have been competitive if there wasn’t all the injuries, but I think 2015 is when we will upgrade the C and SF position once we dump Gordon.

Small steps.

Holiday/Rivers/Jackson
    Gordon/Evans/Morrow
    Tucker/Miller/2014 rookie (purchased)
    Davis/Anderson/Babbitt
    Ajinca/Smith/Withey

Smith is a redundant position for us and can't stay healthy I say let him go

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Honestly what would be wrong If we use the 6M in caps space to sign both Jason Smith and Anthony Morrow and then use the MLE on a SF like Tucker?
    We all talk about how this team would have been competitive if there wasn’t all the injuries, but I think 2015 is when we will upgrade the C and SF position once we dump Gordon.

Small steps.

Holiday/Rivers/Jackson
    Gordon/Evans/Morrow
    Tucker/Miller/2014 rookie (purchased)
    Davis/Anderson/Babbitt
    Ajinca/Smith/Withey
    That wouldn't be possible. Cant use cap room and the MLE. And Morrow doesn't have Bird Rights like Smith, so you can't go over the cap to sign him - have to use an exception.

Thats why I keep saying that it will be hard to do all 3: SF, C, and Morrow unless Gordon is traded or we do a S&T with Aminu
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    That wouldn't be possible. Cant use cap room and the MLE. And Morrow doesn't have Bird Rights like Smith, so you can't go over the cap to sign him - have to use an exception.

Thats why I keep saying that it will be hard to do all 3: SF, C, and Morrow unless Gordon is traded or we do a S&T with Aminu
    I’m missing something hear (maybe a brain), but can’t we use the cap space for a guy like Tucker, then use the MLE and Bi-annual on both Morrow and Smith?
    I can’t see Smith asking for much since he is coming off an injury so maybe the Bi-annual?

Nevermind!

exactly, we would have one or the other; MLE or cap space, not both..MLE is given to teams that are over the cap

Best way to utilize all assets is to sign and trade guys like Aminu, Smith, Roberts, etc to get something.

Then, you can still have the MLE (5.3 mil) and the biannual (2.1 mil)

Once you use the cap, you only have access to the room exception (2.8 mil)

So, if you can essentially use your cap room by doing sign and trades, you can kind of find a loophole that would allow you to add multiple solid pieces.

Best way to utilize all assets is to sign and trade guys like Aminu, Smith, Roberts, etc to get something.

Then, you can still have the MLE (5.3 mil) and the biannual (2.1 mil)

Once you use the cap, you only have access to the room exception (2.8 mil)

So, if you can essentially use your cap room by doing sign and trades, you can kind of find a loophole that would allow you to add multiple solid pieces.
    So you are saying that there is no way that both Smith and Morrow will be on this team other than trading say Gordon or Rivers?

So you are saying that there is no way that both Smith and Morrow will be on this team other than trading say Gordon or Rivers?
    I am saying you can't do Smith, Morrow, and a 5-6 mil guy unless Morrow opts in or you do a sign and trade with Aminu. Or yes, a Rivers or Gordon trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am saying you can't do Smith, Morrow, and a 5-6 mil guy unless Morrow opts in or you do a sign and trade with Aminu. Or yes, a Rivers or Gordon trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Personally unless we can get a quality guy like Tucker or Ariza for 6M a year then I say forget it this season.

I’d rather keep both Smith and Morrow.
    They are both quality locker room guy’s.

Make the moves in 2015/16 by dumping or trading Gordon…..but I understand it doesn’t work that way as Dell has his job on the line.
    But I think even if they only add an upgrade to Aminu and an upgrade to GS, this team has plenty of talent to make the playoffs.

We will see I guess.

We will all focus on the supplementary pieces all summer, but the truth is that if AD takes another leap, it won't really matter. He will carry this team and make everyone around him better.

We will all focus on the supplementary pieces all summer, but the truth is that if AD takes another leap, it won't really matter. He will carry this team and make everyone around him better.
    That's exactly the reason you don't risk losing a quality guy like Smith or Morrow....when AD is still about 2 seasons away from doing that.
    The final piece to the core 5, can be added later when we finally get rid of Gordon.

I'm happy to wait another season.....it's if Benson is willing to.

This is why Morrow opting in would be so huge. Would allow you to keep him and add 2 other pieces without having to lose anyone you want to keep. If he does that, it opens up some nice options and makes things far easier on Dell

This is why Morrow opting in would be so huge. Would allow you to keep him and add 2 other pieces without having to lose anyone you want to keep. If he does that, it opens up some nice options and makes things far easier on Dell
    I think it's a less than 5% chance.
    He is just saying all the right things so other clubs have to pay more to pry him from NOLA.

Tucker said the same things.

Totally different situations. Tucker is a RFA. Morrow has to opt out to become a FA.

Absolutely no benefit in him toying around like this. It doesn't do anything for his market or send any signals to anyone. No reason for him or his agent to promote the fact that he hasn't decided yet. None

Totally different situations. Tucker is a RFA. Morrow has to opt out to become a FA.

Absolutely no benefit in him toying around like this. It doesn't do anything for his market or send any signals to anyone. No reason for him or his agent to promote the fact that he hasn't decided yet. None
    Why so?
    So your telling me if he opts out ASAP he gets the same money from other teams?
    I don't buy it.

I think if a team like DET or OKC want to sign Morrow they now know that he won't just come cheaply like he would of a year ago coming off injuries.

He has said many times that he loves New Orleans and wants to stay.
    This to me translates.....if you want me your going to have to convince me with either more playing time or money or both.

Why so?
    I don't buy it.

I think if a team like DET or OKC want to sign Morrow they now know that he won't just come cheaply like he would of a year ago coming off injuries.

This to me translates.....if you want me your going to have to convince me with either more playing time or money or both.
    I dont understand your theory. Do you know how the opt out works? How FA and the moratorium work?

You gotta explain to me in better details how you think him playing coy and waiting until June 24th to declare he is going to opt out helps get him some more money or playing time, because I don't get that theory at all.

Why so?
    I don't buy it.

Morrow has a player option, if he opts in to stay with us he has one year on his deal at a little over a million $, a very less than ideal situation, if he opts out he probably gets closer to 2-5mil a year for multiple years not necessarily with us. Dell can't offer him more money or talk new contracts UNTIL he opts out so why would he wait on opting out? That's what we are asking. He gets more money and a longer contract once he opts out and he can't know if Dell will give him a new contract after the season if he opts in, plus the risk of injury, so why is he delaying on opting out - does he want to be here that bad that he is willing to give up money and job security (multiple year deal)? That would be awesome but I seriously doubt that is it, so why is he waiting

right? I think I got it down
    Last edited by jgman; 06-05-2014 at 10:27 PM.

Exactly. And even if he didn't announce until later (which most guys do), why this effort by both him and his agent to get the word out that he hasn't decided yet?

Its very curious to say the least. Literally everyone thought it was a mere formality that he was going to opt out, so why the effort through the media to say that this is not the case?

I dont understand your theory. Do you know how the opt out works? How FA and the moratorium work?

You gotta explain to me in better details how you think him playing coy and waiting until June 24th to declare he is going to opt out helps get him some more money or playing time, because I don't get that theory at all.
    Morrow has a player option, if he opts in to stay with us he has one year on his deal at a little over a million $, a very less than ideal situation, if he opts out he probably gets closer to 2-5mil a year for multiple years not necessarily with us. Dell can't offer him more money or talk new contracts UNTIL he opts out so why would he wait on opting out? That's what we are asking. He gets more money and a longer contract once he opts out and he can't know if Dell will give him a new contract after the season if he opts him, plus the risk of injury, so why is he delaying on opting out - does he want to be here that bad that he is willing to give up money and job security (multiple year deal)? That would be awesome but I seriously doubt that is it, so why is he waiting

Okay fair enough.

All I was trying to say was that the OP indicated that by Morrow saying in a tweet that he hasn’t ‘finalised anything yet’ doesn’t mean that he is more committed to staying in NOLA OR leaving.

Thread Information