Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chad Ford: Multiple teams looking to trade out of lottery for proven players

Speaking of Ingles... any chance we try to get Joe Ingles?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    If there is anyone who can get a player in this draft, without having a pick, it is Dell. Last year he still got two rookies with Jackson and Withey.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    I wonder if Dell still has is mind on Saric?

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

To get Saric, you got to get into the lotto. That won't happen.
    Last edited by MichaelMcNamara; 06-05-2014 at 11:42 PM.
    @mcnamara247

Ya Saric is going around 10-14, we wont be getting him.

unless we trade Ryno

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Ya Saric is going around 10-14, we wont be getting him.

unless we trade Ryno
    Almost every one of your posts involves a plan to trade Ryno. Why?

Dell & Monty are not looking for unexperienced draft choices. Especially international high picks.
    Saric is not possible - with or without Ryno.
    If (when) Ryno will be traded - we will have young veteran in return.

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    Dell & Monty are not looking for unexperienced draft choices. Especially international high picks.
    Saric is not possible - with or without Ryno.
    If (when) Ryno will be traded - we will have young veteran in return.
    I am not crazy familiar with Saric's game but isn't he more of a point foward with an average to below average shot. (this is according to the NBAdraft website. I mean maybe he would be fantastic to put on the bench it just doesn't address the pressing need of a starting sf and/or C

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    It's Guru man.
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Gotta trade someone! Ryno is the new flavor of the week!

Banned
    Because Ryno is a 4 and we already have one. A really damn good one. And with Reke being a starter, do you move AD to the 5? No. You don't. So it leaves Ryno on the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by Noggy View Post
    Because Ryno is a 4 and we already have one. A really damn good one. And with Reke being a starter, do you move AD to the 5? No. You don't. So it leaves Ryno on the bench.
    "bench"... just like Manu Ginobli is on the "bench"

Quote Originally Posted by Noggy View Post
    And that's a problem why?

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    "bench"... just like Manu Ginobli is on the "bench"
    Yeah, but Ginoibli coming in doesn't force Duncan or Parker to play out of position. If you are in the "Davis is a center" camp than I guess that doesn't apply to you. However if you think Davis is a PF than you believe Anderson/Davis lineup puts you at a disadvantage.

I'm in the "best competitive line-up" camp.. so if Davis slides down to the 5 and that gives us the best chance to score and compete, I'm all for it. I don't think davis is a full-time 5, but neither is Duncan, and he's been used as a 5 in some momemnts during games.

Exactly - at the beginning of the OKC series, Duncan is playing the 4 next to Splitter. Then, he shifts to the 5 as they start Bonner and play Diaw with him more.

Why must we always have this - Is he a 4 or a 5 debate, when the best teams dont worry about positions; they just put the best lineups on the floor

I'm in the "best competitive line-up" camp.. so if Davis slides down to the 5 and that gives us the best chance to score and compete, I'm all for it. I don't think davis is a full-time 5, but neither is Duncan, and he's been used as a 5 in some momemnts during games.
    Yeah now that he's older and slower. Not to mention he's much stronger than Davis.

If Davis/Anderson is the best option at 4 and 5 then of course you play them. The question is are they good enough to get us where we want to be.

You say this as if Davis won't get stronger....

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Yeah now that he's older and slower. Not to mention he's much stronger than Davis.

If Davis/Anderson is the best option at 4 and 5 then of course you play them. The question is are they good enough to get us where we want to be.
    At the end of the day, we have to have rosters with options if something is not working.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Exactly - at the beginning of the OKC series, Duncan is playing the 4 next to Splitter. Then, he shifts to the 5 as they start Bonner and play Diaw with him more.

Why must we always have this - Is he a 4 or a 5 debate, when the best teams dont worry about positions; they just put the best lineups on the floor
    Again it's not about position it's about strengths and weakness. IMO Davis/Anderson creates as many problems defensively(if not more) than the benefits on offense. You always say a guys position is what he can guard.

Chad Ford: Multiple teams looking to trade out of lottery for proven players

And when looking at the teams that play 2 bigs in the West- will we have more issues defending them or will they have bigger problems defending us?

Who is the 4/5 combo that gives Ryno and AD bigger problems than they give to the other team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You say this as if Davis won't get stronger....
    Maybe he will maybe he won't. Not everybody gets incredibly stronger especially getting stronger while maintaining the same level of agility and explosiveness.

This is the thing that kills me with Davis everybody just assumes he'll fix everything. I don't think I've seen another player where people just talk about his area of improvements like it's done already.

And I have never seen so much evidence that this is a once in a generation type of player just bounce off of somebody so easily.

Color us both surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    And when looking at the teams that play 2 bigs in the West- will we have more issues defending them or will they have bigger problems defending us?

Who is the 4/5 combo that gives Ryno and AD bigger problems than they give to the other team?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lopez/Aldridge
    Bogut/Lee
    Cousins/Williams
    Pekovic/Love
    Kanter/Favors
    McGee/Faried
    Gasol/Randolph
    Howard/Jones

Thread Information