Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: AD is getting his weight up

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    I agree 100% and am somewhat nervous about him working on that three too much. I'm afraid he'll turn into Bosh 2.0
    AD is not soft like Bosh though, you will never see him go hide in a corner and disappear for entire games

Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    AD is not soft like Bosh though, you will never see him go hide in a corner and disappear for entire games
    There's a difference between shrinking and being mitigated due to scheme and surrounding talent.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    Not true. The height/weight BMI calculator is flawed. Athletes get it tested either in a water tank or through another method. You can be 245 lbs of mostly fat or muscle, two different things.
    BMI is what it is. Weight corrected for height. It is flawed because of variations between men and women, etc. but it is a standard to judge weight. Body fat is what it is. It is the percentage of body fat which is measured in water tanks and other means. And to answer MM I don't know AD's current height.
    Personally I don't care what his height, weight, BMI or body fat is currently. What I care about is his on court performance. It sounds like he is maximizing his potential in the off season. Who does that remind me of? Drew Brees! All I care about is AD duplicating what Drew Brees did with the Saints. Win a championship. And who believes that Drew accomplished this feat at 6 feet? I've stood next to both and have to say I think AD is a foot taller than Drew! BTW the article by Reid was very good. I think he is by far the best Nola Pelicans reporter. But then again that's comparing him to Jimmy Smith.
    Last edited by DRDJ1; 06-03-2014 at 08:20 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post

Also:
    http://www.nba.com/pelicans/video/20...ommov-3289862/
    Wonderful to hear this.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Yeah, Ibaka added it to his game and took 60 this year. That is fine with me. Add a little something to make defenses respect it. But don't let it take away from what makes you special

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The last thing I want is AD taking 3s. His attempts around the rim already dropped by 7% this year. Adding a 3 is just going to reduce that number more. I agree that letting him take too many 3s will take away from him being the special player he is.

I'm listening to Monty on the Black and Blue report... Pierre Jackson is on deck too and maybe more.

http://www.neworleanssaints.com/news...b-713bdd51a04f

Today’s show is hosted by Daniel Sallerson and includes interviews from yesterday’s Pelicans voluntary workouts with Monty Williams, Pierre Jackson and Anthony Davis.
    Last edited by DroopyDawg; 06-03-2014 at 09:59 PM.

Ad and Obama on the same routine

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    There's a difference between shrinking and being mitigated due to scheme and surrounding talent.
    You watching this game? The Heat struggling for offense, Wade playing terrible and Bosh is nowhere to be found, you dont think they could use some offense from him? Bosh is overrated overpaid jump shooter

Thread Information