Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Melo to the Heat? Big 4 possible?

N/P Melo to the Heat? Big 4 possible?

If you think you hate Miami now...

MIAMI -- The Miami Heat's immediate focus remains overcoming a 2-1 NBA Finals deficit to the San Antonio Spurs, but discussions have begun within the organization about trying to grow their so-called Big Three into a Big Four, according to sources close to the situation.

Sources told ESPN.com that Heat officials and the team's leading players have already started to explore their options for creating sufficient financial flexibility to make an ambitious run at adding New York Knicks scoring machine Carmelo Anthony this summer in free agency.

http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2014...ny-free-agency
    Last edited by DroopyDawg; 06-11-2014 at 10:26 PM.

who will play defense when they don't get a foul call tho?
    never assume

How can they possibly afford the four of them?
    If this happens then the NBA is complete bull#@$%

If this happens the only way any player ever wins a title is if they join the Heat

I can see it. D wade and bosh will definitely take pay cuts. Nattier, a stretch 4, is leaving. With Melo and Bron, they don't need another 4. Both of those guys can be stretch 4s. They can just keep bosh as the C and have wade coming off the bench a la ginobili.

D wade won't be able to handle the secondary scoring load next season imo and Melo is perfectly capable of getting hot with no one else helping him. The defense would slip, but it would be entertaining as heck.
    Last edited by Writhe; 06-12-2014 at 02:39 AM.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Writhe View Post
    I can see it, D wade and bosh will definitely take pay cuts and battier, a stretch 4, is leaving. With Melo and Bron, they don't need another 4, both of those guys can be stretch 4s, they can just keep bosh as the C and have wade coming off the bench a la ginobili.

D wade won't be able to handle the secondary scoring load next season imo and Melo is perfectly capable of getting hot with no one else helping him. The defense would slip, but it would be entertaining as heck.
    (pssssst I know what your avatar says )

What does it say?

PS sorry for the bad grammar above
    Last edited by Writhe; 06-12-2014 at 02:45 AM.

For all those that are wondering how they can afford it... click the link and watch the video. They said that the "Big 3" would all have to take SIGNIFICANT pay cuts. I mean all of them would have to agree to like 7 mill/year contracts, but the dude said the players may be willing to do it in order to extend their championship window.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    This would be bad for their legacy IMO. The fact Lebron "the best in the NBA" decided to depart his home team to play along Wade(1championship)& all star Chris Bosh to win " not 1, not 2, not 3 etc" championships. To me it showed he doesn't have the mentality like a Jordan or Kobe. If your the best ATLEAST get whoever to come to you. But..back to the subject. If this happen I hate every player associated with Mami, every fan and the nba
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Taking the easy way out is en vogue now. Melo on the Heat? It wouldn't surprise me. Let em get Chris Paul and Dwight next.

It just puts everything back on AD. We are one of the few teams who has a potential top 3 player. As long as we can show we can compete players will take pay cuts to come here because of AD.

Everyone was worried about giving up Noel and whatever no. 10 is this year but the truth is they don't matter. Developing AD is everything for future success because players will do crap like this now.

Oh and I don't think the situation is the same as CP3 because I think the NBA has changed. If Melo goes to Miami and the NBA allows it then that changes everything.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 06-12-2014 at 08:08 AM.

I hope they lose to the spurs and then try to pull this off and lose more. Nothing frustrates me more than superstars teaming up to win. Jordan magic bird, did any of those guys team up with each other?

When Dwight went to the Lakers I thought that he was the Wal Mart Dwight. He was Dwight, just a cheaper version.
    When the Big 3 got together, I had no problems with it, but the NBA Titles they win seem less impressive. This Superstar driven league is different from the Magic, Bird, Pistons, and Bulls title teams as now the game is softer, and now Superstars are catered to more so the titles don't feel the same.
    If Melo goes to the I hope they strike it big like when Malone and The Glove went to the Lakers,
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Man, Melo is already 30? Where did time go?

Wait...I'm almost 27? Oh...that's where...

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    It just puts everything back on AD. We are one of the few teams who has a potential top 3 player. As long as we can show we can compete players will take pay cuts to come here because of AD.

Everyone was worried about giving up Noel and whatever no. 10 is this year but the truth is they don't matter. Developing AD is everything for future success because players will do crap like this now.

Oh and I don't think the situation is the same as CP3 because I think the NBA has changed. If Melo goes to Miami and the NBA allows it then that changes everything.
    The other side to that coin is that if we don't put the right pieces around AD he is gonna want to bolt out the door.

Time will tell on the Noel trade and all our other moves.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Who cares, they're in the East. The Pels will just have to take them down in the Finals.
    Wherehappens.

Those guy aren't going to take the pay cut to all play together. Dividing the pie 3 ways was something dividing it 4 especially now that all four will have to turn down even more money seems highly unlikely.

Also tampering with the chemistry could easily have a negative impact. Melo hasn't always been the most team 1st guy. Both Bosh and to a lesser degree Wade have all given up parts of their games to allow James to still be the best player in the game. Can't see Anthony doing the same.

Also I'm really surprised that the clippers aren't in any of these rumors.

With Jordan coming off the books next year along with some other money, plus Melo and CP3's friendship and Ballmer's deep pockets, I would of thought it was gonna be a shoe in. Melo opts in for one year to give Phil a shot. Leaves the next to go join Cp3, Griffin, Doc and then maybe a cheaper Jordan on a new contract or a cheap aging Tyson Chandler that could still defend for them and catch some lobs.

Lineup of CP3, Reddick, Melo, Griffin, Jordan with Crawford as sixth man and then grab some cheap veterans.

I mean I guess if everyone takes a significant paycut the Heat scenario would work but I still question how effective Melo would be on that team if he doesn't have a PG that distributes properly and he is left to his own devices. Which means lots of ISO ball and ******* shots.

Pathetic and a joke at best. I just get so tired of ppl who weren't old enough to truly watch Jordan think lebron is even close to his level. Lebron is a great player don't get me wrong. If you watched Jordan tho. You know what I'm talking about. 2 totally different players with 2 totally diff skill sets. Jordan's skill was light years better than lebrons tho. Lebron just uses his size and trucks thru ppl. There's not much finesse at all to his game. His first step is average at best. His dribble game is average at best As well. Closest thing I've seen to Jordan in my day was A primed Kobe. Killer mentality and all. It's just a really hard thing to break down and describe how much different they truly were (lebron,mj)
    It's like this. When I watched Jordan I was wowed and floored at watching him almost every dam game he played in. I mean it was amazing. It truly was. Lebron? Ehhhh not so much. I mean his physical brute strength and size combined with his athleticism is pretty amazing but his overall game just doesn't have that WOW factor to it for me.
    Last edited by kclaboy504; 06-12-2014 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Those guy aren't going to take the pay cut to all play together. Dividing the pie 3 ways was something dividing it 4 especially now that all four will have to turn down even more money seems highly unlikely.

Also tampering with the chemistry could easily have a negative impact. Melo hasn't always been the most team 1st guy. Both Bosh and to a lesser degree Wade have all given up parts of their games to allow James to still be the best player in the game. Can't see Anthony doing the same.
    Right. I see it at abt a 5% chance happening cause of the $$$ part.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Also I'm really surprised that the clippers aren't in any of these rumors.

With Jordan coming off the books next year along with some other money, plus Melo and CP3's friendship and Ballmer's deep pockets, I would of thought it was gonna be a shoe in. Melo opts in for one year to give Phil a shot. Leaves the next to go join Cp3, Griffin, Doc and then maybe a cheaper Jordan on a new contract or a cheap aging Tyson Chandler that could still defend for them and catch some lobs.

Lineup of CP3, Reddick, Melo, Griffin, Jordan with Crawford as sixth man and then grab some cheap veterans.

I mean I guess if everyone takes a significant paycut the Heat scenario would work but I still question how effective Melo would be on that team if he doesn't have a PG that distributes properly and he is left to his own devices. Which means lots of ISO ball and ******* shots.
    The scenario you laid out IMO makes 5X more sense than Anthony going to the Miami. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a S&T done this year. Honestly if Jackson and Fisher are serious about running the Triangle I have some doubts about how Carmelo fits into that system. I'm sure they feel they can tailor it to Anthony, or feel if Kobe can have success in it so can Carmelo. Anthony is just such a low assist, tunnel vision type player I don't see the ball moving properly.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    The scenario you laid out IMO makes 5X more sense than Anthony going to the Miami. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a S&T done this year. Honestly if Jackson and Fisher are serious about running the Triangle I have some doubts about how Carmelo fits into that system. I'm sure they feel they can tailor it to Anthony, or feel if Kobe can have success in it so can Carmelo. Anthony is just such a low assist, tunnel vision type player I don't see the ball moving properly.
    Agree100%. I've been saying this. I do not think Anthony at this stage of his career fits into the triangle offense. He would have to change up his style of play big time for it to work. Not saying it can't happen but u know the saying (can't teach an old dog new tricks). I think this holds true with this case here.
    Last edited by kclaboy504; 06-12-2014 at 12:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Man, Melo is already 30? Where did time go?

Wait...I'm almost 27? Oh...that's where...
    Well I'm 40... still wondering where the time went.

there's a lot of sour grapes in here.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Thread Information