Pelicans Report

Thread: Jeff Bower Frontrunner for Pistons FO: Per Mark Stein

Rumor Jeff Bower Frontrunner for Pistons FO: Per Mark Stein

https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/st...24015867097090

Had to post this. We Might be able to get monroe for Roberts, Babbit, and the rights to Jeff Bower's dignity.

Gordon for Monroe just became a realistic if not probable trade.

This league haha.

I just don't understand how guys like Bower, Avery Johnson and Mike Brown can actually still find work over the years?

It's like the league is filled with a bunch of cowardly owners that rather give the keys to guys who have experience but are proven mediocrity then take the risk on new talent. And frankly you know with the former guys you are gonna at best get mediocrity or worse but at least with new talent you have the chance to find a diamond in the rough. I just will never get why teams that can't obtain proven talent prefer to fall back on proven junk.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    We could probably get Drummond too. Just throw in two firsts. Hehe.

He can fill the role he always has - "yes man"

Gotta say, Bower was in a terrible position. Had to work for perhaps the worst, cheapest owner outside of Sterling in NBA history.
    @mcnamara247

He would not do anything in Detroit either. SVG will be making all the decisions. Bower would just be a figurehead.

Stealth Mode: Active Lurkaholic's Avatar
    Hasn't the city of Detroit suffered enough?!

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    HUGE LOL

Goo Goo G'Joob!

Good for them. Bower gets some hate around here for the moves that didn't pan out or the draft picks that busted, but didn't the Hornets win a division title with his roster?

Bower always struck me as being a classy guy who really enjoyed his time here in NOLA and who did the best he could with what he had to work with. Hope he does well in Detroit.
    the Legend has spoken!

what a mean mustache tandem in detroit

Bower is good at doing what his boss tells him to do. Not really the type to pull off any creative moves, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam the Legend View Post
    Bower always struck me as being a classy guy who really enjoyed his time here in NOLA and who did the best he could with what he had to work with. Hope he does well in Detroit.
    He was basically a seat filler. He was really not qualified to be a GM in the real sense of what was normally expected of a GM. He actually fell in to our GM position (I think he was going to be an assistant coach for a college team). However, he did what he was told and was loyal to the ownership group. He fits the bill of a cheap hire who fills a seat. By all indications, he is a good guy who is very loyal. With SVG calling all the shots, he fills what they need in Detroit. Good for him.

I thought the Tyson Chandler trade he pulled off was really good though until Chandler had injury problems. Despite Peja playing a huge part on the 2007-2008 contract, his contract was too long and too much especially being injury prone. Mo-Pete's contract was 2-3 years too long even though he was an important 3-point shooter on the 2007-2008 team and being a big upgrade over Desmond Mason. The Posey contract was terrible and a sign of unrealistic expectations. The drafting of Hilton, Simmons, and Julian didn't work out well, but Collison, Thornton, and Pondexter were solid picks. I hated the Brackins pick which Dell corrected significantly.

He was an average GM here overall enhanced by CP3. Same as Byron Scott as a coach.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Haha I feel bad for Detroit
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicantoo View Post
    https://twitter.com/ESPNSteinLine/st...24015867097090

Had to post this. We Might be able to get monroe for Roberts, Babbit, and the rights to Jeff Bower's dignity.
    What about Monroe for Ryan Anderson and filler?

Quote Originally Posted by simon24 View Post
    What about Monroe for Ryan Anderson and filler?
    We had a big 'ol thread discussing that possibility: http://www.pelicansreport.com/showth...-retain-Monroe

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    He was basically a seat filler. He was really not qualified to be a GM in the real sense of what was normally expected of a GM. He actually fell in to our GM position (I think he was going to be an assistant coach for a college team). However, he did what he was told and was loyal to the ownership group. He fits the bill of a cheap hire who fills a seat. By all indications, he is a good guy who is very loyal. With SVG calling all the shots, he fills what they need in Detroit. Good for him.
    And besides if SVG flops he could step up and coach the team!!!
    Last edited by DRDJ1; 06-03-2014 at 08:29 PM.

Thread Information