Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: New Orleans Pelicans MLE Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I haven't watched a ton of Vonleh so I won't speak to how he compares to him. What I can say is Hill is very efficient within 10ft and shows a touch out to 16ft where he wasn't awful (about average). However he knows where his bread is buttered and sticks within 10ft for the most part. His FT % is the main thing that keeps his Efficiency down a bit because he only shoots about 65%. He's a big who hustles and comes up with rebounds. He'd instantly upon arrival challenge AD as the best rebounder on the team and might actually be better at this time.
    I think Vonleh has some very good potential. He's got a silky smooth touch. He reminds me of Raptors' Bosh.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Well the semi finals ended exactly how I thought they would (not exactly how I voted though). Next round for me is Blatche and Tucker.

so who made the final 4?

Well the semi finals ended exactly how I thought they would (not exactly how I voted though). Next round for me is Blatche and Tucker.
    I was shocked that Seraphin beat Okafor. I though Mek was gonna blow him out.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    so who made the final 4?
    http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...esults-are-in/

Thanks, its gonna come down to blatche and tucker, and if ryno is on the team still i think tucker wins, if ryno is moved for a sf blatche wins. In real life that is.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I was shocked that Seraphin beat Okafor. I though Mek was gonna blow him out.
    I think the injury scared some votes off. If I remember right I think I voted for Seraphin.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Thanks, its gonna come down to blatche and tucker, and if ryno is on the team still i think tucker wins, if ryno is moved for a sf blatche wins. In real life that is.
    If Ryno is moved I think we will be looking at bringing in someone that we haven't thought was an option before. Ryno being traded would change so much based on what we got back that I think it's very hard to say who else we'd bring in.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I voted for Seraphin.

Those who voted for Seraphin, tell me what you liked so I can emphasize it more. I feel like he will get destroyed by Blatche next week!

Personally, i voted for okafor blatche tucker and jefferson. I hope blatche and tucker will make it to the final

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Those who voted for Seraphin, tell me what you liked so I can emphasize it more. I feel like he will get destroyed by Blatche next week!
    I wouldn't even waste my time writing something up if I was you lol

Just waive a white flag or something.

But to answer your question, for me it came down to knowing what Seraphin would give you, vs not knowing if Okafor would really give you anything.

Not really too much, I think seraphim is slightly better at post D but thats the only thing I have him over Blatche at. Your screwed :/

I got a strategy. Doubt it works, but all I ask is that you guys read the arguments before you vote.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Seems like the majority of fans are interested in players that can contributed to the future, not stop gaps so we can spend our money on next years FA crop (whether that's smart or not). Seraphin has a small chance of realizing his potential that he was drafted for and no matter how small a chance that is, it appeals to the optimistic side of fans much more than "Oak can be really solid this year but even if he's not he's just a stop gap".

However, I don't feel like that will help you against Blatche because he is the ultimate case of "What if?" Like what if he figures it out, he's still young enough to improve, he's been really solid with Brooklyn and he's exactly what we need. Whereas even the most optimistic people could only really focus on the fact that Seraphin has been a better locker room guy than Blatche and that's about it.
    @DanielVeuleman

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Seems like the majority of fans are interested in players that can contributed to the future, not stop gaps so we can spend our money on next years FA crop. Seraphin has a small chance of realizing his potential that he was drafted for and no matter how small a chance that is, it appeals to the optimistic side of fans much more than "Oak can be really solid this year but even if he's not he's just a stop gap".

However. I don't feel like that will help you against Blatche because he is the ultimate case of "What if?" Like what if he figures it out, he's still young enough to improve, he's been really solid with Brooklyn and he's exactly what we need. Whereas even the most optimistic people could only really focus on the fact that Seraphin has been a better locker room guy than Blatche and that's about it.
    I agree. That won't be my argument. Cant beat him in the upside or production game.

French towers FTW.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Curious as to what you would do if Tucker and Seraphin are in the finals?

Personally one french is already one too many

Sorry, that's just me

he will simply say take pj tucker hahaha

I got a surprise planned for the Finals regardless. But if those two make it, I will hand one off. Will be so hard to decide which one!

I'm not saying anyone used anything but i feel like i was the first to mention Serephin on this forum,.

I liked that he wasn't Okafor. Lol. I'm sorry I can't be much help.

I liked that he wasn't Okafor. Lol. I'm sorry I can't be much help.
    Yeah that's pretty much why I voted for him. Okafor is what he is at this point and will only get worse. At least Seraphin has the potential to get better at this stage of his career and was cheaper I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Yeah that's pretty much why I voted for him. Okafor is what he is at this point and will only get worse. At least Seraphin has the potential to get better at this stage of his career and was cheaper I believe.
    He was cheaper per year, but his overall contract was bigger, which is why I thought he would get crushed.

Thread Information