Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: New Orleans Pelicans MLE Tournament

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Just playing around with ideas. Let's say events workout that wind up with Parsons going to the Suns, that would obviate their need for Tucker, correct?

Now...are the events that has Parsons to the Suns conceivable? I'm not familiar with the frustrating miasma that is the NBA cap like talking about.

It seems like the only two likely scenarios is that the Rockets match any offer for Parsons or they trade him in a package. Now, if Suns take on their bad contracts too, then maybe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @mcnamara247

In case you haven't checked yet, a couple of match ups are already up - Ariza vs. Okafor and Jordan Hill vs. CJ Miles

Go read and vote:

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/tag/mle-tournament/

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    We have guys working out here every summer that we dont keep the next year. We are talking up Ajinca, Babbtt, Withey, etc right now and helping them improve their game. If we get a chance to upgrade, they are gone in a blink.

The rumor is that they are going after Deng. If they land Deng, Tucker is gone. If they dont, he probably stays
    Its a rumor now. McNamera just said it.

Darn I was hoping I could see the results of the voting after I voted. Anyway. Voted Ariza (obviously) and Hill.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Darn I was hoping I could see the results of the voting after I voted. Anyway. Voted Ariza (obviously) and Hill.
    In years past we have found that seeing the results have influenced the voting. More downside to showing it than upside we figured.

I will say that one of your guys is leading, the other is trailing.

In years past we have found that seeing the results have influenced the voting. More downside to showing it than upside we figured.

I will say that one of your guys is leading, the other is trailing.
    If I had to guess I'd say CJ Miles is leading Hill. But that darn Okafor contract has me wondering if people are going the wait for 2015 path. I hope not. I'm taking a Tucker and Ariza to the end!

I sort of feel that Ariza and Tucker got a lot of open looks in there respective offenses and that led to great shooting years for both. I'd like a great 3 and D wing but i'm not sure either player qualifies.

I'd much rather find a good defensive center (but there isn't really on available), and fill the rest of the roster with cheap shooters, even if their defense is lacking like Miles, Morrow, Marvin Williams, Caron Butler, Mike Miller, Alan Anderson, Richard Jefferson and others. I think trotting Ajinca and a not ready Whithey out there hurts us more than Darius Miller (has to get that 3 back) or Morrow playing out of position at the 3.

I'm thinking of voting for Jordan hill just because that dad joke at the end was so terrible
    Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Impossible. The octopus that lives in my brain hasn't squibbered anything about it to me.

Also, that's how octopi talk. They squibber. Yes, it's a word. Shut up.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    If I had to guess I'd say CJ Miles is leading Hill. But that darn Okafor contract has me wondering if people are going the wait for 2015 path. I hope not. I'm taking a Tucker and Ariza to the end!
    If I had to guess, I would say it's the other way....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    If I had to guess, I would say it's the other way....
    One of you is right!

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    One of you is right!
    we leave no stone unturned in search of the truth!

One of you is right!
    I knew it!

Just in case it is Okafor leading Ariza I just want to case for Ariza now and say, "Fly My Pretties! Fly. Fly! FLY!"

Why can I vote for both players at the same time? Shouldn't it be radio buttons instead of check boxes?
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

In case you haven't checked yet, a couple of match ups are already up - Ariza vs. Okafor and Jordan Hill vs. CJ Miles

Go read and vote:

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/tag/mle-tournament/
    nice refresher, I always underestimated demps though, assumed he'd follow status quo and keep the pick. curious to see what he's going to do this time. I think his big strengths are in getting those role players on the cheap, so looking forward to see what he comes up with

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    Why can I vote for both players at the same time? Shouldn't it be radio buttons instead of check boxes?
    Why would you be able to? It's a tournament, so it's one or the other.

Going with ariza and cj miles here

Today is the hardest battle for me to decide on. Blatche vs. Swaggy P. I go back and forth. Who did you vote for and why?

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...medium=twitter

Today is the hardest battle for me to decide on. Blatche vs. Swaggy P. I go back and forth. Who did you vote for and why?

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...medium=twitter
    How is this even a contest? If you have a C you can get in the MLE range that can give you what you need you take it. Notice how many C's we have on the list vs how many SF? Gotta go Blatche over Swaggy P.

How is this even a contest? If you have a C you can get in the MLE range that can give you what you need you take it. Notice how many C's we have on the list vs how many SF? Gotta go Blatche over Swaggy P.
    My argument would be: Would you prefer Young and Ajinca or Darius Miller and Blatche?

We have two solid center prospects and nobody at the SF position. Is Blatche that much better than Ajinca and Withey over the next 3 years if you continue to develop them? Remember, bigs under Monty tend to take a nice little jump in Year 2 of the system. Ajinca never had a training camp and Withey just started putting it together in the final month.

We don't have any guys with reasonable upside at the 3.

My argument would be: Would you prefer Young and Ajinca or Darius Miller and Blatche?

We have two solid center prospects and nobody at the SF position. Is Blatche that much better than Ajinca and Withey over the next 3 years if you continue to develop them? Remember, bigs under Monty tend to take a nice little jump in Year 2 of the system. Ajinca never had a training camp and Withey just started putting it together in the final month.

We don't have any guys with reasonable upside at the 3.
    I'd rather Blatche and trade into the draft or play Reke there. Or even bring Aminu back.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I think I just died. Bring Aminu back?? Outside of re-signing Stiemsma, there is nothing that scares me more this offseason than bringing back Aminu. I would prefer Miller or even Southerland. Heck, I would take a chance on Brandon Rush for the min. before Aminu

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Aminu coming back?

My heart just skipped a beat. And not in the "I'm in love" way.

In the "I'm going to blow up the planet" way.

I think I just died. Bring Aminu back?? Outside of re-signing Stiemsma, there is nothing that scares me more this offseason than bringing back Aminu. I would prefer Miller or even Southerland. Heck, I would take a chance on Brandon Rush for the min. before Aminu
    Maybe. I'm just saying that you fill the C need as best as possible. We can get a SF elsewhere. Maybe a trade for Webster or Budinger. How many shots at a C to fill our need do we have? Much fewer.

I would go the other way. Use the MLE for a wing and then use the cap space next year once we dump Gordon for a C.

Only way I want to add a center is if he is a definite huge upgrade over what we got.

Also, when thinking about Gordon deals, a high priced center seems the most likely route: Chandler, McGee, Hibbert, Sanders, B. Lopez.

If I got 18 to spend, figuring Gordon will be gone one way or the other, I would rather budget 5-6 for the SF and 12-13 for the C.

Thread Information