Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Charlotte Hornets Unveil New Uniforms

No pinstripes, but I still dig em.

I brought this up in the alternate uniform thread, but how can they already have alternates? Didn't they say we couldn't last year?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Cuz they're the Charlotte Hornets and we're the team that had everyone saying Charlotte Hornets even though they didn't exist then...

So...alternate jerseys for them. None for us.

I like them. In my opinion, they pulled off the "simple" jersey a lot better than we did, unfortunately. Of course, I think ours would be just fine if we could make the New Orleans across the chest larger.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I like everything but the numbers.

The only one I like is the blue one. I personally like our uniforms better and I like the ones we had when we were the Hornets better.

This whole alternate jersey thing is kinda BS by the NBA.

I like those a lot. I think they did much better with those than we ever did with the Hornets jerseys.

They remind me of... the Bobcats. Different colors and name on them, sure, but they scream Bobcats.
    asdfghjkl;'

Not feeling them at all. They are so plain and the colors just looked weird.

Quote Originally Posted by jsl05 View Post
    I brought this up in the alternate uniform thread, but how can they already have alternates? Didn't they say we couldn't last year?
    The only reason I could think of is they're not a new franchise... the name, colors, and location were already a part of the NBA.

Whereas the Pelicans were a new franchise. Aside from that... I don't know what else it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    The only reason I could think of is they're not a new franchise... the name, colors, and location were already a part of the NBA.

Whereas the Pelicans were a new franchise. Aside from that... I don't know what else it could be.
    actually that makes sense, I was confused and a little annoyed at first but I guess that makes sense
    never assume

The Franchise
    I like them, good uniforms - definitely an upgrade over Bobcats
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

They look like bobcats teal jerseys...unimpressive and bland (as i've already said in the other thread). I like the colours a lot but i've always liked them, but the jerseys themselves? Meh.

I think they look cool!

Quote Originally Posted by jsl05 View Post
    I believe I saw that the alt won't be worn this upcoming year. They have to wait until next year to wear those.

Hate the blue jersey. I think the alternate thing is BS

the only thing missing from the Charlotte Hornets unis is the pinstripes... that's a team that needs pinstripes b/c it's part of their tradition

can't wait to see our alternates... hope they don't have sleeves
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

I might be in the minority here, but looking at these I cant help feel like we dropped the ball on ours. While I don't think ours is the worst, its feels pretty bland overall.

I just started a new thread on this topic... but the NBA is forcing all teams to put the NBA logo on the back of the jersey above the player's name

some believe it's to test where advertisements may go on unis... which I hope is not the case but seems inevitable

They look like hot garbage.
    I once had some of the worst grits and drippings in the Queen City

Very sharp.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    I hate the number font. It looks futuristic. Not that that's a bad thing in general, but it looks silly in this case. Other than that, I do think they looks sharp color wise, but are lacking. Possibly the pin stripes? Not sure. The purple looks fine, but again, missing something. Maybe a little more white or some pinstripes. The white, same thing. It just needs a bit more. But not too much to make it look stupid. A fine line and I'm sure the designers tried their best to not cross that line. The blue is just a bit much. I can't put my finger on it, but that particular blue, in that amount, makes me think of cartoons. And that's not a BAD thing.... but it ain't exactly good. Hopefully it looks better in person or on a player. It's very possible all of these just look odd due to the black dummy bodies they're being shown on.

Edit: They really do just seem like recolored Bobcats jerseys to me though.

Thread Information