Pelicans Report

Thread: Ranking the finishing 5 against the rest of the league

Pelicans Ranking the finishing 5 against the rest of the league

Where would you guys rank Holiday against the league's PGs, Gordon against it's SG's, Tyreke (as a SF) against the league's SF's, etc. (As in, 4 minutes to go in the 4th, game tied, who's got an advantage against us at each position).

http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/depth-charts/nba.aspx (note: injuries have certain players pushed down the depth chart).

I have:
    Jrue at 9 Behind: Rondo, Curry, Irving, Paul, Westbrook, Liliard, Parker, and Wall

Gordon at 16 Behind: Bradley, Butler, Ellis, Thompson, Harden, Stephenson, Crawford, Wade, Bledsoe, Oladipo, Ginobili, Matthews, Hayward, Beal, Derozan,

Tyreke at 9 Behind: Leonard, Batum, Durant, Melo, Lebron, George, Igudala, Deng (Iggy and deng only because they can guard tyreke and he can't guard them.

Anderson at 11 behind: Nene, Duncan, Aldridge, Ibaka, Love, Randolph, Griffin, D. West, Nowitzki, Millsap

Davis at 1 playing Center (Gasol, Cousins, and Drummond have arguments)

If you don't completely disagree, I think that's pretty impressive.

What's your order?

Jrue is better than Rondo and Irving. Reke posted the 6th best per among sf's

If the Spurs have taught us anything, hopefully it is that individual parts dont really matter in a vacuum, its how they blend together.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Jrue is better than Rondo and Irving. Reke posted the 6th best per among sf's
    JMO but in no world is Jrue better than Rondo, I was really torn on Kyrie because he's such a prolific scorer. PER completely ignores defense, hence Iggy, Leonard, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    If the Spurs have taught us anything, hopefully it is that individual parts dont really matter in a vacuum, its how they blend together.
    I do agree with this, but isn't it mildly invalidated by the whole Ibaka subplot? I mean, your argument likely will be that they had their cohesion back, but his individual rim protection and man-to-man defense have been a difference. Also, what about Thabo... someone who glued the team together for several years? Not being snarky, honestly asking.

C'mon now. Just stop man. Holiday is not better than rondo. Sorry. I'd take Irving over him as well if I had my choice.

I think Conley, Dragic, and Lowry are better than Jrue at this time.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Oh man, i can't agree that Jrue is better than Rondo at all.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Jrue is a much better shooter than Rondo. So in terms of "finishing games" I'd take Jrue over Rondo every single time.

Did you intentionally leave Howard, Bosh and Paul Gasol off the Center list?? All play Center as part of their teams finishing fives.

And believe it or not, I'd take a healthy Gordon at SG over Bradley, Oladipo, and Butler in my finishing 5. A year from now I might take Oladipo, but not right now. He still has a lot of development to do.

Thread Information