Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 14 million dollar men

To me, all those guys have an elite skill, thus their roles as starters or key players. I don't see an elite skill Youg has, but I also don't watch many 6ers games, so feel free to correct me! Also, have never thought of the 6ers holding his development, worth a consideration!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I can't think of one thing that Kendrick Perkins, Mario Chalmers, Rashard Lewis, Tiago Splitter and George Hill do that is elite.

Perkins fouls, Chalmers, Lewis and Hill shoot 3s and splitter is a great team defender.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafa Brazil View Post
    Perkins fouls, Chalmers, Lewis and Hill shoot 3s and splitter is a great team defender.
    You just gave me those players' roles on the team. Aside from Lewis being on fire last night, none of those players is elite at anything you just listed. Is Perkins ability to foul an elite skill??

That was a joke man, but outside of that, shooting is a skill, and shooting the lights out makes that skill elite; as some players are skilled defenders, and Splitter happens to be great within a team concept, so he's elite when it comes to team defense. They have those roles on their respective teams because that's what they do really well(aka elite), and good coaches play their players to their strenghts.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    He is the worst one with multiple yrs still remaining on his contract at that price.

In fact, a more accurate list would be guys who have that salary moving forward. That would show just how terrible the contract is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Well out of the players with multiple years left. I'd take Gordon remaining deal over that bum Hibbert and Bogut

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Well out of the players with multiple years left. I'd take Gordon remaining deal over that bum Hibbert and Bogut
    Hibbert essentially has the same contract that Gordon has. I'd trade Gordon for Hibbert in a heartbeat. But Hibbert would have to travel here via Mega Bus, cause I woudn't be that excited about it.

Bogut's contract decreases from it's high of $14.2m last season to $11m in the final season. It appears to be structured very similar to Tyreke's deal. This coming season he's only scheduled to make $12.9m. A healthy Bogut is a top 5 Center. The only problem is he hasn't played a complete season since his rookie year, 9 years ago!

...All that said, I'd probably trade Gordon for Bogut because of the position Bogut plays, the descending nature of his contract, and our ability to limit his minutes as part of a rotation with our existing Centers and Power Forwards. Talent wise Bogut is a difference maker. The Warriors beat the Clippers and advance to the second round if Bogut is healthy. I think he'd have the same impact for us if healthy.

Both Hibbert and Bogut are DPOY candidates. EJ is a much worse contract.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Bogut and Hibbert contracts are both longer than EG. I wouldn't mind Bogut if he wasn't an even bigger health risk than EG with a longer contract

Now Hibbert that guy is hot garbage. He has put up multiple goose eggs this playoffs. I cringe watching him play, he's so clumsy. Softest player in the league. Only thing he's good at on defense is using the rule of vertically. Actually that's the only thing he does good at basketball period.

Bogut and Hibbert contracts are both longer than EG. I wouldn't mind Bogut if he wasn't an even bigger health risk than EG with a longer contract

Now Hibbert that guy is hot garbage. He has put up multiple goose eggs this playoffs. I cringe watching him play, he's so clumsy. Softest player in the league. Only thing he's good at on defense is using the rule of vertically. Actually that's the only thing he does good at basketball period.
    Roy Hibbert has the exact same contract Eric Gordon has. Same length. Hibbert has a $15.5m player option in 2015. Gordon haas a $15.5m player option in 2015.

As far as being hot garbage, while I'm not a fan, and can't defend his overall playoff performance, the Roy Hibbert prior to the All-Star break was a legitimate and worthy All Star. He's also show flashes in the Wizards series and Heat series of being able to be that player. And in last years playoffs, especially the Conference Finals, he was really good and dominant at times. Roy Hibbert has shown the ability to be as good or better tat his position than Eric Gordon is at his, at an equally dearth of talent position.

While Eric Gordon is making $14.9m and $15.5m over the next two year, Bogut will be making $12.9m and $12m. The additional year that Bogut has beyond Gordon's contract is only $11m. That's a bargain for a healthy Bogut, and a healthy Bogut could mean really contending for a championship. That's a risk I'd take, especially if I don't have confidence Gordon will opt out.

We need a Center. We don't need a pouty SG.

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    Roy Hibbert has the exact same contract Eric Gordon has. Same length. Hibbert has a $15.5m player option in 2015. Gordon haas a $15.5m player option in 2015.

As far as being hot garbage, while I'm not a fan, and can't defend his overall playoff performance, the Roy Hibbert prior to the All-Star break was a legitimate and worthy All Star. He's also show flashes in the Wizards series and Heat series of being able to be that player. And in last years playoffs, especially the Conference Finals, he was really good and dominant at times. Roy Hibbert has shown the ability to be as good or better tat his position than Eric Gordon is at his, at an equally dearth of talent position.

While Eric Gordon is making $14.9m and $15.5m over the next two year, Bogut will be making $12.9m and $12m. The additional year that Bogut has beyond Gordon's contract is only $11m. That's a bargain for a healthy Bogut, and a healthy Bogut could mean really contending for a championship. That's a risk I'd take, especially if I don't have confidence Gordon will opt out.

We need a Center. We don't need a pouty SG.
    Just wants to clear up a common misconception. Hibbert was hot garbage before the All-Star break too. Heck, Hibbert's kinda been garbage for all but about 1 and 1/2 seasons of his career. I wouldn't want Hibbert ever on his contract. Give me Javale McGee before him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Just wants to clear up a common misconception. Hibbert was hot garbage before the All-Star break too. Heck, Hibbert's kinda been garbage for all but about 1 and 1/2 seasons of his career. I wouldn't want Hibbert ever on his contract. Give me Javale McGee before him.
    I'd rather McGee as well. But if my choice is Hibbert or Gordon, I'm taking Hibbert.

And I'm not even going to attempt to debate to what degree Hibbert is or isn't hot garbage, but he's proven he's capable of being a DPOY candidate, he's proven he's capable of pulling of a 28-9-2 game in the playoffs against legitimate big men, and he's proven he's capable of dominating a series by averaging 22-10-1 against the NBA Champions in a 7 game series.

He's soft, he might be mentally weak, he's overpaid, and he would instantly become my least favorite player on our team. He's everything that Eric Gordon is only he appears to be better with media and community and he plays a position where we have a need.

Thread Information