Pelicans Report

Thread: Shelly Sterling to sell the Clippers

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar

Shelly Sterling to sell the Clippers

http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?storyId=10973679

Close to being over. This whole story would have a perfect ending if Magic buys the franchise.
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

No it would be perfect if they transferred ownership over to me .

Sell it to Magic - guy loves trading for overpriced "name" talent - see: The Dodgers.
    @mcnamara247

doubtful the Sterlings would sell to Magic no matter how much he offers

Quote Originally Posted by rebelman View Post
    doubtful the Sterlings would sell to Magic no matter how much he offers
    If it's the wife I don't think she cares. It's not like Magic did any of them anything personally. Either way my guess is she's thinking about cashing in more than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Trell View Post

Close to being over. This whole story would have a perfect ending if Magic buys the franchise.
    I hope it sells to someone other than Magic. I don't like how he is being made to be some hero in all of this. I would not doubt that he was coaching V through the process and he has had some indiscretions as well that seem to have been overlooked. I think the group that Oprah is a part of would be best for everyone.

I hope Magic doesn't get the team, I feel like he conspired with the girl to set Sterling up.

I hope she considers my offer of 2 bootleg Milli Vanillie cd's, a container of purple, $35 in Shake and Bake coupons. Those coupons are set to expire soon and I may want to use them myself.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    I hope Magic doesn't get the team, I feel like he conspired with the girl to set Sterling up.
    How did you come to that conclusion? Did I miss something?

Magic didn't even know this girl. She was obviousky a "side chick" that was unhappy with something, so this is how she got back. Magic was innocent, just thrown in the fire from taking a picture, then gets bashed from having a desease after defending himself.

Magic didn't even know this girl. She was obviousky a "side chick" that was unhappy with something, so this is how she got back. Magic was innocent, just thrown in the fire from taking a picture, then gets bashed from having a desease after defending himself.
    Where did you get that he did not know her? That is supposedly what started much of this. And you act as if he was innocent in getting a disease. He was a habitual adulterer who brought a life threatening disease back into his family and wants to think he is a hero for holding a press conference after the fact "to own up to it like a man."

I wasn't sure if this was the time or the place but WTH.

Buddy of mine is a huge Utah Utes fan. Back in 1993 when the ASG was held in Salt Lake City his parents owned the hotel that Rick Majerus lived in (dude lived in a hotel as opposed to a home (can't figure that one out)) and Majerus told his dad that these two prostitutes came to his door mistaking his room for the room Magic Johnson was staying in. When Majerus came to the door in a towel they were startled and said "you're not Magic Johnson!" and he said "I can try to be."

RIP Rick Majerus you wild son of a ...

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Where did you get that he did not know her? That is supposedly what started much of this. And you act as if he was innocent in getting a disease. He was a habitual adulterer who brought a life threatening disease back into his family and wants to think he is a hero for holding a press conference after the fact "to own up to it like a man."
    His Anderson Cooper 360 interview and she admitted herself. She was someone who wanted a pic with him, and he took it. Since he was on her instagram account along with other minorities Syerling had a problem, saying that he don't want Magic or any other minorities at his game, then Magic responded saying how he felt disrespected and that he will not attend another game with Sterling being the owner. Sterling took offense to that and attacked Magic with the diseases and everything that doesn't relate to the situation or statements he made over the phone.

She took a picture with Magic then posted it on a social network site(don't remember which one). That's how this all got started.

Not sure what Magic getting HIV has to do with him purchasing the team.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    She took a picture with Magic then posted it on a social network site(don't remember which one). That's how this all got started.

Not sure what Magic getting HIV has to do with him purchasing the team.
    Read the posts above. In the same conversation, he made himself out to be a hero because he admitted it after the fact. The NBA also makes him out to be a hero. He is not. I just prefer he not be the one purchasing the team. In reality, he would just be a figurehead for an investment banking company and not be a significant owner anyway (ala Dodgers). I think the group that Oprah is a part of would be much better for the NBA and the fans.

Actually he readily admitted to knowing her before the scandal

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

And he bought the team for 15 million and stands to sell for 1 Billion. Poor guy. What a penalty.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtySouf View Post
    How did you come to that conclusion? Did I miss something?
    Sterling said in his interview with Anderson Cooper that Magic told him to not do anything for a week, that he knew the girl and was going to help him out. It sound like Magic was keeping him quiet, idk it just feel fishy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Sterling said in his interview with Anderson Cooper that Magic told him to not do anything for a week, that he knew the girl and was going to help him out. It sound like Magic was keeping him quiet, idk it just feel fishy to me.
    And vice versa. On the same show Magic said he didn't actually no the girl and Staerling wanted Magi to help him out. Donald Sterling seem like a confuse person, and to me Magic seem to be telling the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Actually he readily admitted to knowing her before the scandal
    I believe that's claims from Mr. Sterling. They didn't have any kind of relationship from what I searched.

I think the Clippers are worth $1 billion in a free market but with the leverage that Donald Sterling would accumulate each month closer to next season he could probably get $1.75 billion.
    "The only thing Ryno stretches is the 0's on the stat sheet." - BallSoHard

With the way he's managed that team, this scandal will go down as the best thing to ever happen to the Clippers IMO. The next owner can't surely be as incompetent, can they?
    asdfghjkl;'

Yup. It's amazing what success and money can do to shore up those issues with him.
    Jrue dat

Thread Information