Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Eric Gordon for Greg Monroe

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   

Eric Gordon for Greg Monroe

I was just talking to my Pelicans source and he seemed to think something involving Eric Gordon and Greg Monroe was going to happen. This is the same source that correctly told me Ryan Anderson had a herniated disk, so he definitely knows what he's talking about. Maybe the Pistons overvalue Gordon because they need a SG, but I still don't see why they'd do that swap. I trust my source though and I think we're no doubt targeting Monroe. I hope we would not include Anderson in any trade because personally I'd definitely prefer Ryno at their respective prices. My hope is they like Eric and think he'll opt out after the year and maybe we throw in some sweeteners like PJ/Withey/future picks. I know this seems a little unlikely and you don't have to believe this, but it's definitely credible and you shouldn't be surprised if something like this happens.

I believe you and definitely trust that you have a source in the organization, but I will never believe this goes down.

And even if the teams are talking right now, there are still so many factors that can derail it between now and July 1st.

I appreciate the info, but I fear that people will get their hopes up when the move(s) this summer are going to be smaller than this.

All that said, I pray you are right, even though I am not a huge Monroe fan. Pray.
    @mcnamara247

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Anything that gets rid of the useless....dah...I mean, awesome man that is Eric Gordon.

Detroit would be so lucky to have him and his...ways. He's just so...something.

Any time rekehavoc has come on here with inside info that nobody else knew about. It has been proven to be correct. So, I def believe you my man. Now with that said, did your source just say that they (pels) were looking to do the trade or is it that both sides are interested in making it happen? Cause of course our side can discuss about being interested in doing a Gordon for Lebron trade but if the other side has no knowledge of the supposed trade then it's all just scenarios that we would like to do. So, can u clarify on that for me? I do find it hard to believe that SVG just coming on and making this kind of move.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    I think it would be more of a win just to get rid of Gordon. I agree with what you're saying, I'm very skeptical too, but it seems at least it is being discussed, and makes me optimistic that Gordon possibly has a little more value than we think. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's what I hope for the most.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Anything that gets rid of the useless....dah...I mean, awesome man that is Eric Gordon.

Detroit would be so lucky to have him and his...ways. He's just so...something.
    I'll miss that guy big time. I will never forget all those games he missed........doh...I mean all those games he disappeared after the 1st qtr....doh.....I mean all those games.......ahhh just forget it. I will miss him. Period.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Any time rekehavoc has come on here with inside info that nobody else knew about. It has been proven to be correct. So, I def believe you my man. Now with that said, did your source just say that they (pels) were looking to do the trade or is it that both sides are interested in making it happen? Cause of course our side can discuss about being interested in doing a Gordon for Lebron trade but if the other side has no knowledge of the supposed trade then it's all just scenarios that we would like to do. So, can u clarify on that for me? I do find it hard to believe that SVG just coming on and making this kind of move.
    It was just a casual conversation and I wasn't trying to ask a lot of questions. But what I got from the conversation was that he basically was saying he thought this was going to happen. I'm going to try and find out more information at some point and I'll let everyone know.

I'm already busy keeping my irrational lottery hopes tempered, now I have to repress this too?

*inb4 Pelicans get 3rd overall pick and trade Gordon for Monroe*

I can't possibly see what SVG and company could see in Gordon where they would eat his contract by itself let alone trade an asset like Monroe for it. We must be taking back an equally awful contract for this to work. I thought Detroit got rid of most of their old failed contracts.

Josh Smith and Brandon Jennings are the only bad ones I can still see.

e: http://hoopshype.com/salaries/detroit.htm

Can I just ask this one favor now - If this doesn't happen, can we all agree not to get mad at RekeHavoc?

I have seen, in the past, people get enraged at the poster when their inside scoop didn't go down. Let's appreciate the heads up, but take it with a HUGE grain of salt and just let it play out however it will play out. Please, lets not drive a very good poster away if it doesnt go down.

Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Can I just ask this one favor now - If this doesn't happen, can we all agree not to get mad at RekeHavoc?

I have seen, in the past, people get enraged at the poster when their inside scoop didn't go down. Let's appreciate the heads up, but take it with a HUGE grain of salt and just let it play out however it will play out. Please, lets not drive a very good poster away if it doesnt go down.

Thanks in advance.
    You should've seen the first thread he created. People were calling him out left and right and questioning his source. At least we've come a way from that.

Please baby Jesus.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Would be great, but I think Dell already used his one miracle getting rid of the contracts of Okafor and Ariza at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by SeaLegs View Post
    You should've seen the first thread he created. People were calling him out left and right and questioning his source. At least we've come a way from that.
    We have... until some source info doesnt pan out, then it starts all over again.

The truth is that this source, at best, can only know 25% of all the pieces in play. Couldnt possibly know Monroe's intentions or other plans, who else Detroit is talking to, and all the random variables like the draft lotto for instance.

So, with that in mind - grain of salt, say thank you for the info, but dont get too excited for the possibility IMO.

food for thought... Pistons don't have a GM right now, correct? Hard to see any type of negotiations going on without one & JVG just being hired last week

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    I'd take Eric Gordon, too if I were Detroit and getting Ryan Anderson...

We have... until some source info doesnt pan out, then it starts all over again.

The truth is that this source, at best, can only know 25% of all the pieces in play. Couldnt possibly know Monroe's intentions or other plans, who else Detroit is talking to, and all the random variables like the draft lotto for instance.

So, with that in mind - grain of salt, say thank you for the info, but dont get too excited for the possibility IMO.
    Exactly. I believe the source but I'd still give this deal about a 2% chance of happening, realistically. Before this thread though I probably would've given this deal a 0.2% chance, so that's a 10x jump!

Really I just can't see Detroit being this stupid. It reminds me of fantasy trades where someone hasn't heard that a player is severely underperforming, and you actually get someone to bite on a bad trade and try to push the trade through as quickly as possible before they figure out how bad of a deal they're getting. Let's just hope that no one tells Detroit.
    Last edited by SeaLegs; 05-19-2014 at 01:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    food for thought... Pistons don't have a GM right now, correct? Hard to see any type of negotiations going on without one & JVG just being hired last week
    Stan Van Gundy is head of Basketball Operations. He's going to hire the new GM. No reason Dell can't call up Stan and see what he thinks of Monroe for Gordon.

One question I have is, is Monroe worth it if you have to max him out? The new cap means he'd be getting a 4/$70 deal, starting at $15.8 and escalating to $19.6. Monroe is a 16/10 per 36 big that may not be playing more than 30 MPG or in crunch time with the current roster. Is overpaying and underusing him really worth moving Gordon?

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    Stan Van Gundy is all of the above. he may not have hired anyone but he's the head of BBall operations IIRC, so when its all said and done... SVG will be the guy making these decisions. Isn't he the one that already made the decision that they wer enot retaining Monroe (serious question because I'm not sure)?

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    Stan Van Gundy is head of Basketball Operations. He's going to hire the new GM. No reason Dell can't call up Stan and see what he thinks of Monroe for Gordon.

One question I have is, is Monroe worth it if you have to max him out? The new cap means he'd be getting a 4/$70 deal, starting at $15.8 and escalating to $19.6. Monroe is a 16/10 per 36 big that may not be playing more than 30 MPG or in crunch time with the current roster. Is overpaying and underusing him really worth moving Gordon?
    I agree that this is worth asking. You make this deal, and you are pretty much committed to this team and I just dont know if it is the type of team I would ideally put around AD. For Monroe to earn that contract, he will need to touch the ball quite a bit because he isn't going to be a stud in non scoring categories. And if AD keeps evolving, plus you got Tyreke and Jrue needing 25-30 shots a game, how much does that leave for Monroe?

I just can't see giving the 4th option that much money. There are guys I like much better in the 2015 free agent class if I am going to spend that kind of money.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   

One other tidbit to add - I know there was a report talking about Greg Monroe's interest in coming to New Orleans and it mentioned that he was actually from here.

To add on to that, his girlfriend actually lives and works in New Orleans as a coach at Isidore Newman school. I've seen him in uptown New Orleans and around the Newman area during the summers and when the Pistons have been in town. So I think he definitely does have interest in coming here. I know that's some speculation, but I do think his interest is real.

Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post
    One other tidbit to add - I know there was a report talking about Greg Monroe's interest in coming to New Orleans and it mentioned that he was actually from here.

To add on to that, his girlfriend actually lives and works in New Orleans as a coach at Isidore Newman school. I've seen him in uptown New Orleans and around the Newman area during the summers and when the Pistons have been in town. So I think he definitely does have interest in coming here. I know that's some speculation, but I do think his interest is real.
    I agree- Monroe would love to come here. I dont doubt that.

I also wonder if the 'Gordon traded' part has nothing to do with Detroit. Could move him elsewhere to free up the space and get Monroe.

I just know that at this point of the game, there are so many variables at play, that even Monroe has no idea where he is going, so it would be hard for someone in a front office to be sure about it.

I think Gordon going elsewhere would make more sense and maybe Withy,Babbitt, Pierre, and a huge trade exception goes to Detroit. Now, THAT would make sense for the Pistons.

Like i said, NEVER underestimate the power of THE WESTBANK!

Thread Information