Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: The Official NBA 2014 Draft Lottery Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Prediction:

Tristen T, Andy V., and the 1st pick for Love

Then, Cavs go hard after Lebron

Irving-LBJ-Love

Solid Big 3
    That's enough to get Love? I guess the #1 Overall is the big asset, but Thompson and Andy V? Think Waiters maybe involved too...

Prediction:

Irving-LBJ-Love

Solid Big 3
    Meh, i don't see it

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ILLHornetsFan View Post
    In my calculations, I got that if we had lost the last 2 games we would have won the lottery. DAM IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Where's Jeff Goldblum when you need him? Or Ashton Kutcher?

You alter the flow of events, they create ripples that echo in unpredictable ways. No way of knowing which way the balls bounce if we did it again.

I have been a fan since 1990 and that is just plain old Hornet / Pelican luck there no doubt about it

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

You alter the flow of events, they create ripples that echo in unpredictable ways. No way of knowing which way the balls bounce if we did it again.
    Ashton K. in Butterfly Effect was a decent film and yep agreed...no way of knowing NOLA would have ended up with the top pick...

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post
    The NBA illuminati?
    Exactly lol

I feel bad for the Bucks

5 of the top 6 picks are in the Eastern Conference, someone brought to my attention. So at least the West doesn't get much stronger.

And the outside chance we trade back into the draft remains. Though it seems remote at this point.

Prediction:

Irving-LBJ-Love

Solid Big 3
    That would be good but I don't see lebron leaving Miami and if Lebron isn't going to come why would Love stay in Cleveland? Especially after what gilbert said when lebron left, i just can't imagine him spurning another team (that he won titles with) to go back to Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by Sujaguar00 View Post
    That's enough to get Love? I guess the #1 Overall is the big asset, but Thompson and Andy V? Think Waiters maybe involved too...
    If Lebron talks to Kyrie and tells him to tell management that he will come back if they land Love, they will throw him in too.

It all comes down to Lebron. If he wants it to happen, then he leaves an aging Big 3 for one entering its prime
    @mcnamara247

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

I gotcha Bro.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Goldblum.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	5562

5 of the top 6 picks are in the Eastern Conference, someone brought to my attention. So at least the West doesn't get much stronger.

And the outside chance we trade back into the draft remains. Though it seems remote at this point.
    I am getting more and more confident we will pick somewhere in the 2nd round, with Patric Young as the target.

I think Dell and Monty see a Charles Oakley/Antonio Davis type of player and will go get him.

Quote Originally Posted by itsADstime View Post
    That would be good but I don't see lebron leaving Miami and if Lebron isn't going to come why would Love stay in Cleveland?
    Well he obviously thinks lebron goes there. Lol

...we get to go McDonalds
    Quote Originally Posted by Sujaguar00 View Post
    More than enough to get Love. The T-Wolves have no leverage. That trade makes perfect sense for all parties involved except one -- Kevin Love.

I am getting more and more confident we will pick somewhere in the 2nd round, with Patric Young as the target.

I think Dell and Monty see a Charles Oakley/Antonio Davis type of player and will go get him.
    A 2nd rounder is possible, true. But I was really thinking of top 20 or so.

Patric Young would bring a lot of meat to our frontline. We sorely lack a big, tough n gritty rebounder that ain't afraid to bang bodies.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    More than enough to get Love. The T-Wolves have no leverage. That trade makes perfect sense for all parties involved except one -- Kevin Love.
    Agree - unless LBJ or Melo comes.

Cleveland cant keep blowing top 5 picks. Trade it for a 2nd star and have faith they can help you land a 3rd.

Would be my strategy

A 2nd rounder is possible, true. But I was really thinking of top 20 or so.

Patric Young would bring a lot of meat to our frontline. We sorely lack a big, tough n gritty rebounder that ain't afraid to bang bodies.
    Only guy I remember giving AD a tough time in college before NCAA Championship game. A true beast - something we have nowhere on the roster

I wish we would have gotten a pick. I hate how we're striving for mediocrity. With our locked roster, we MIGHT just be able to CRACK the playoffs before AD leaves!!

This was the most suspicious possible outcomes. I'm personally butthurt because I hate the Cavaliers with a passion and Dan Gilbert is an annoying *******.

at least they didn't have that little Nick Gilbert brat

...we get to go McDonalds
    Only guy I remember giving AD a tough time in college before NCAA Championship game. A true beast - something we have nowhere on the roster
    You're not worried about his height at all? If he measures in 6'8 - 6'9, I'd be hesitant.

I'm with you though, given it's a 2nd rounder.

You're not worried about his height at all? If he measures in 6'8 - 6'9, I'd be hesitant.

He measured at an even 6'10" in shoes. 6'8.5" without them. Wonder if he has some Kevin Love mojo working...

He measured 6'10" in shoes with a 7'2" wingspan

A bench 5, Thompson (Pek of course starts), a limited offensive tweener (Varajeo) who may struggle against the bigger lineups of the west (Jordan/Griffen, Duncan/Splitter, Ibaka/Perk, Aldridge/Lopez, Z-Bo/Gasol, Davis/Ryno, Kanter/Favors, DH12/Asik) and a young rookie for Love. I don't see that as a slam dunk especially given the Gasol talks to pair with Rubio. Gasol/Pek/Rubio is better than any combo of Cavs/Wolves players in that trade.

He measured 6'10" in shoes with a 7'2" wingspan
    His standing reach is surprisingly low. But with shoulders that enormous, it's a miracle he can raise his arms at all.

But so much of rebounding is done before the ball even comes off the rim. He' gonna be a glass eating machine.

Thread Information