Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Official NBA 2014 Draft Lottery Thread

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar

Rant The Official NBA 2014 Draft Lottery Thread

LET'S GO PING PONGS!

Anyone know who's going to represent the Pels at the show?

Quote Originally Posted by jsl05 View Post
    Anyone know who's going to represent the Pels at the show?
    My guess would be Monty

The drawing is tomorrow right?

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Yep tmrw nite

What time tomorrow?
    Follow me on Twitter: @WeAreSX2

7 central
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Yep tmrw nite
    thx

4% chance we keep our pick... i like to tell myself one out of every 25 drawings. makes it seem a little less impossible in my head

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Better chance we win this than the actual lottery...so...there's that.

Also, think of the collective fits other team fans will go if we get another top 3 pick. It'll be nonstop Katrina sympathy nonsense. That'll be enjoyable.

AND, imagine adding Embiid or Wiggins to this team? Though I'm sure most are falling into the productive, but undersized big trap with Parker again. Anthony Bennett, Derrick Williams, Thomas Robinson, etc.

Let's hope that Stern still has some influence =)

Well we def have a shot and that's all that matters. The wizards jut got the #3 pick from our spot last year when they drafted Otto porter. So, it can happen fellas. Man would that throw a monkey wrench into our off season plans and discussion on this board!!! After really reviewing tape of a few guys. I really like wiggins and exum from this draft. Embiid's back worries me as well as his overall health long term. I like Parker but I'm not sold on him on the next level. Dante Exum has huge upside as well does wiggins. So, if we get that pick, then I'd love for either of those. 2 guys to be drafted. I'd also look into trading our top 3 pick in a package deal for love. If we land that pick, then our chances getting love just got much bigger IF he was willing to sign that extension to be here. Many possibilities tho. Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Better chance we win this than the actual lottery...so...there's that.

Also, think of the collective fits other team fans will go if we get another top 3 pick. It'll be nonstop Katrina sympathy nonsense. That'll be enjoyable.

AND, imagine adding Embiid or Wiggins to this team? Though I'm sure most are falling into the productive, but undersized big trap with Parker again. Anthony Bennett, Derrick Williams, Thomas Robinson, etc.
    I actually love all that nonsense talk from other teams fans. It's pretty funny to hear them basically whine. So, are you saying you like Parker the most?

Another thing. I think duke mishandled Parker while there. They played him at center way too much and Parker wasn't really able to open up from the wing like he is capable of doing.

I like the trade MM(I think it was him) proposed on the podcast. If we land #2 or #3, trade it and EG for Afflalo and Vucevic
    Welcome to be here

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    I actually love all that nonsense talk from other teams fans. It's pretty funny to hear them basically whine. So, are you saying you like Parker the most?
    No, he thinks other people believe Parker to be better than he really is. Hence the comparisons to Bennet, Williams, and Robinson. I'm surprised he didn't mention Beasley because that there was a guy with an incredible freshman season with a superficially similar playstyle to Parker. Jabari is a better shooter by far, though.

If the nba were rigged, the Lakers IMO would get a top 3 pick bc of the botched CP3 to the Lakers trade. The NBA really didn't have to do that but we lucked out in a sense that we got Gordon instead of scola and Kevin Martin(still debatable). I would HATE for that to happen but it is a big market team and think about how much additional revenue the Lakers will bring in. Now about the sixers, they were clearly the only team truly tanking(sitting Richardson, trading turner and hawes for scraps, Nerlens Noel tank project), so if I were the NBA and the lottery was truly rigged, then I would screw the sixers out of their pick(now our pick) for intentionally losing or making losing a priority by assembling a D-League level type of roster. While this does give teams an advantage in the lottery, it makes the NBA and it's integrity look bad. The Pelicans, on the other hand towards the end of the season played their tails off, got some wins against playoff and championship caliber teams, all while missing their top 5-7 scorers at diff points in time during that stretch. Obviously this is my biased personal opinion but when I've asked others whether the Sixers should deserve a top 3 pick or 2 top 10 picks they don't think they are derserving of either for the tanking type mentality.
    Last edited by MMEmbreno; 05-19-2014 at 12:28 PM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    No, he thinks other people believe Parker to be better than he really is. Hence the comparisons to Bennet, Williams, and Robinson. I'm surprised he didn't mention Beasley because that there was a guy with an incredible freshman season with a superficially similar playstyle to Parker. Jabari is a better shooter by far, though.
    I knew there was another guy I'd forgotten. And yeah, Jabari has the best shot of them all. So if anyone is likely to break the precedent...it'll be him. An outside jumper is a useful commodity. I just doubt he amounts to as much as Wiggins can.

SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! SKOL! Imnos 2's Avatar
    I usually get pretty hyped for the lottery. Just because I'm a nerd when it comes to off-season basketball stuff. This lottery though, not so much. Probably because, I have no confidence we are going to get in that top 3

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I knew there was another guy I'd forgotten. And yeah, Jabari has the best shot of them all. So if anyone is likely to break the precedent...it'll be him. An outside jumper is a useful commodity. I just doubt he amounts to as much as Wiggins can.
    I expect him to be Melo-like. Maybe not quite as gifted of a scorer as Carmelo, but I do think he'll make up for it with better team ball play.
    Last edited by da ThRONe; 05-19-2014 at 04:50 PM.

I feel a miwakle coming... we're gonna get that top 3 pick.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    With the #1-3 picks of the NBA Draft, someone will go after Kevin Love.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I feel a miwakle coming... we're gonna get that top 3 pick.

I read that and thought it said "Milwaukee", which could be an anagram for "Miracle".......a completely misspelled anagram.

We had our luck getting Davis, lets not get greedy.
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    My wuggie senses are tingling....

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Thread Information