Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What Do You Guys Wanna Know?

What Do You Guys Wanna Know?

I am going to look back at every game from 'The Stretch' over the next few weeks. I will watch and write a recap for every game in which the core players were healthy. I have some things I am going to watch for below. Please add things you want to know from this stretch/things for me to watch for. Thanks

http://www.bourbonstreetshots.com/20...es-glory-days/
    @mcnamara247

Yeah mate if you could just add the date of the game your reviewing so those with league pass can find it easily and watch it again.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by bigfanfromaus View Post
    Yeah mate if you could just add the date of the game your reviewing so those with league pass can find it easily and watch it again.

Cheers
    I will be watching them in order. First one I will review is the Return of Ryan Anderson and the 135-98 beatdown of the 76ers on November 16th

How many (if any) playoff teams did we beat during this stretch?

How was defensive rebounding?

How effective were opponent post-ups (scoring and passing wise)?

Did the Pels commit many turnovers? If so, were they of the 'chemistry' type, i.e. unforced?

Did the spacing on the floor result in us running plays that we didn't get much of a chance to see the rest of the season?

Was the poor defense due to rotations, a lack of ability, or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post
    How many (if any) playoff teams did we beat during this stretch?
    Well, that knowledge is available to anybody right now. I meant more specific things like rotations, the defense we ran, who played well with who, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    How was defensive rebounding?

How effective were opponent post-ups (scoring and passing wise)?

Did the Pels commit many turnovers? If so, were they of the 'chemistry' type, i.e. unforced?

Did the spacing on the floor result in us running plays that we didn't get much of a chance to see the rest of the season?

Was the poor defense due to rotations, a lack of ability, or something else?
    Cool, thanks. Will do

Was the offense making contested shots at a higher rate than should be expected (basically, was the offensive showing a fluke)?

Was small ball exploited by the opponent or were they just confused at the lineup?

Was there a player or players who displayed a skill-set during this stretch that looked like it could be replaced by someone else on the roster or by a player that could be realistically acquired?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Well, that knowledge is available to anybody right now. I meant more specific things like rotations, the defense we ran, who played well with who, etc.
    Understood. I honestly don't know what games (or date range) we were 100% healthy for?

What's Anthony Davis' favorite ice cream?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Was there a more balanced distribution of talent on the floor at all times as opposed to all starters and all bench?

How many mins in this "stretch" did Davis play C?

what type of looks did Defenses give Davis? did he face a bunch of different looks and still produce with teams having trouble figuring how to defend him or did he have favorable matchups or stupid defensive decisions? - i guess I wanna know how much was actually on him becoming more and more difficult to guard
    never assume

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post
    How many mins in this "stretch" did Davis play C?
    I like that. Will definitely track that

I think most was covered already. The few things I'm curious about are:

How often did we put Ryno on the opposing center vs. AD and how did they do?
    How did Tyreke do on opposing SFs?
    How much did Tyreke handle the ball vs. Jrue?
    Did Eric Gordon do. . .anything. . .positive?

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    When Jrue and Tyreke shared the floor, just how well did that work? Defensively, sharing the ball, all that. I know we haven't got a ton to work with but it's what I'm most curious about with a healthy squad.
    @DanielVeuleman

what's the combined time that Eric Gordon and Monty Williams gave the refs their patented "befuddled-looks".

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    How did the roles of starters like Jrue, Gordon, and AD change when Tyreke and Ryan were on the floor vs off the floor?

Who did they look to down the stretch of close games when the finishing five were on the floor?

How did the return of Ryan Anderson impact Jrue Holiday? Specifically his assists and turnovers.

How often did Jrue/Tyreke play in the post when they were on the floor with Gordon and Ryan?

How often did Jrue play off ball vs Tyreke on ball (offensively) while they played together.

When Jrue and Tyreke were on the floor together, who did the coaching staff involve in the most two man actions with Ryan Anderson? Anthony Davis?

What did the "core four" lack when they were on the floor together? What did the "finishing five" lack when they were on the floor together?

I'd be interested in your opinion of how the Anderson/Davis front court played defensively.

And lastly, little off topic, if Gordon gets moved, who would you like to see play alongside Jrue, Tyreke, Anderson, and Davis?
    Last edited by AD23forMVP; 05-15-2014 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    How did the roles of starters like Jrue, Gordon, and AD change when Tyreke and Ryan were on the floor vs off the floor?

Who did they look to down the stretch of close games when the finishing five were on the floor?

How did the return of Ryan Anderson impact Jrue Holiday? Specifically his assists and turnovers.

How often did Jrue/Tyreke play in the post when they were on the floor with Gordon and Ryan?

How often did Jrue play off ball vs Tyreke on ball (offensively) while they played together.

When Jrue and Tyreke were on the floor together, who did the coaching staff involve in the most two man actions with Ryan Anderson? Anthony Davis?

What did the "core four" lack when they were on the floor together? What did the "finishing five" lack when they were on the floor together?

I'd be interested in your opinion of how the Anderson/Davis front court played defensively.

And lastly, little off topic, if Gordon gets moved, who would you like to see play alongside Jrue, Tyreke, Anderson, and Davis?
    Cool, thanks. And yeah, going back and watching these games will hopefully help me answer the last question

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Hi MMnM. I don't always agree with your point of view, but usually I do. I am really happy that you and the guys at the Bourbon St. Ballers or whatever terrible name you guys have exist. Joking about the name. In all seriousness, I am really very surprised and impressed by your journalism. You're like to the Peli's that Detillier and Duncan are to the Saints (crap. Is Duncan the one that sucks? I forgot. Maybe I meant Triplett). So thank you. Anyway, I pretty much didn't answer your initial question so much, as I did give general story ideas. Several have already been done, but I was just thinking out loud.

Babbit impact vs. Anderson impact

Withey vs. Steimsma vs. Ajinca impact

Evans vs. Gordon as a starter (I am sure this has been done and really not enough info anyway as the projected starters were injured)

Should Evans be the PG and Holiday the 2 guard?

The importance/unimportance of Morrow, Aminu, Rivers, Miller, etc.

Monty- The make or break year (Demps also?)

The biggest thing holding this team back

How to fix the Gordon situation (part 253)

How difficult is it to win a championship as a small market team?

What factors go into a FA coming to New Orleans? Is all about money?

Why assistant coaches matter (maybe also an interview with someone)

The number 1 target for FA should be...
    Last edited by donato; 05-16-2014 at 12:49 AM.

Since our team goes through AD, how many touches did AD get on offensive possessions when on core was on the floor?

- What things did Monty do differently in this stretch? Was he still hard hedging everyone?
    - Why was the defense so bad? Is there any hope for that lineup to be competent on defense while remaining top of the league on offense?
    - Did teams sag off of Tyreke and what was he doing when he didn't have the ball on offense?

# of Gordon smiles (per 36 of course)

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I keep thinking to how many instances of terrible ball movement. And one thing that always sticks out is how long we take to make post entry passes.

I don't expect there to be some kinda stat or something. But something else to keep an eye on. Or at least who seems to be our worst offender for waiting all day and a year to just pass the ball to the big man on the block.

OH. And how often we take a good shot before the clock reaches single digits.

why can't we do this if we're (allegedly) built like the Spurs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sahPRvcDIwc

Thread Information