Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: NBA Combine is today!

Quote Originally Posted by Blattman View Post
    By Ben Wallace-type I mean a bulky undersized defensive-minded center. He doesn't seems as good as Wallace as a shot-blocker or as a rebounder but his aggressiveness, energy and ability to hedge quickly in the pick-and-roll are interesting skills for our team.
    Gotcha. Thanks for the explanation.

Quote Originally Posted by Blattman View Post
    By Ben Wallace-type I mean a bulky undersized defensive-minded center. He doesn't seems as good as Wallace as a shot-blocker or as a rebounder but his aggressiveness, energy and ability to hedge quickly in the pick-and-roll are interesting skills for our team.
    I made that comparison in another website. Young is also farther along on the offense of end that Ben never was.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Glenn Robinson didn't know what his role was without Trey Burke. Was he a shooter, iso baller, or a slasher? He tried to do all of them at the same time and his game suffered.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Glenn Robinson didn't know what his role was without Trey Burke. Was he a shooter, iso baller, or a slasher? He tried to do all of them at the same time and his game suffered.
    That's pretty accurate. He's still good at slashing, Decidedly lacks an effective ISO game. IIRC, good mid-range shooter, but lacks consistency any further out from that. He was asked to do a lot this year and wasn't really capable of it. He also just didn't show much growth.

Thread Information