Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Andray Blatche to opt out

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    PelsFans said Jordan Hill.
    My mistake, although we similarly passed up the opportunity to trade minimal assets for Hill, although unlike Hamilton, we did at least show interest.

This is why I have said for a while now that the key to the summer might be finding a sign and trade deal for Aminu. Gives you one avenue to add a SF or C. The MLE gives you the other and hopefully Morrow signs for the biannual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    This is why I have said for a while now that the key to the summer might be finding a sign and trade deal for Aminu. Gives you one avenue to add a SF or C. The MLE gives you the other and hopefully Morrow signs for the biannual

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That would be ideal.

im keen

He cant defend the 5, just cant. I watched every one of his defensive possessions, and he will get destroyed if Dell and Monty are seeking out a guy to defend 5's next to AD.

I love the fit on the offensive end, but he just doesn't fit what Dell and Monty have said they are looking for on defense.
    Just to clarify. Your talking about jordan hill here right?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludiculous View Post
    Just to clarify. Your talking about jordan hill here right?
    correct

He cant defend the 5, just cant. I watched every one of his defensive possessions, and he will get destroyed if Dell and Monty are seeking out a guy to defend 5's next to AD.

I love the fit on the offensive end, but he just doesn't fit what Dell and Monty have said they are looking for on defense.
    How does Blatche's defense on 5s compare to Hill's?

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

For the MLE I'm OK with Blacthe. As someone mentioned he checks enough boxes to fit this team. And I agree with the theme that 15mil for Anderson and Blacthe is better than 15 for Monroe.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    He would be a good addition but given our current big rotation how would he get playing time? Off the bench as a PF/C? If we got him well have to let someone go like Smith, Ajinca(would be fine with btw). And what would his role be? Please elaborate.
    Last edited by wuggie; 05-16-2014 at 03:00 PM.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

His role would be as "starting" center. He's just a better option for that than anyone we have on the roster right now. If you kept Smith too, then I would think by the trade deadline someone would have to go.

Blatche said he wants minutes. And most Nets can give him is 3yrs/10 mil.

Pels can give him more minutes and a better contract.

http://thebrooklyngame.com/andray-bl...ngton-wizards/

I honestly have not followed him at all since his embarassingly stupid days. Has he grown a brain yet?

This dude could start and play significant minutes for the Pels. Def see him as a possible free agent pickup for us.

Has seemed to mature quite a bit on and off the court over the last two years. Not uncommon for men in their mid-to-late 20's.

A slightly less talented version of Zach Randolph. He seems to have turned a bit of a corner.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    I have been quiet so far, but Blatche would be an excellent get....I'm also thinking that Mosgov might be a really good fit here....
    Last edited by ramsters60; 05-17-2014 at 04:54 PM.
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Thread Information