Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gordon doesn't sound all that interested in coming off the bench

Pelicans Gordon doesn't sound all that interested in coming off the bench

http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.s..._river_default

Sigh. It would have been nice for his response to be something along the lines of "whatever is best for the team"...
    the Legend has spoken!

What did you expect? He's not interested in playing 82 games much less off the bench.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLA.com
    When asked if he would feel comfortable assuming the team's sixth man role he said in an email response Sunday,''I won't get into that because I thought they brought me here to lead and set the tone for the team.

"I've got a lot to prove in my career and I'm still young (25).So the more durable I am will really show what I'm capable of,'' said Gordon, who is the highest paid player on the Pelicans' roster with two years remaining at $30.4 million.
    Well color me surprised. I'm not sure it matters, though, whether or not he "accepts" the role, if it would ultimately serve as an impetus to push him out the door a little faster.

My favorite part of his quote is actually the "they brought me here to lead and set the tone for the team" part because if he truly were "setting the tone for the team" then we'd have a bunch of malcontents running around the court, furrowing their brows (in the case of AD, brow) in disbelief whenever they miss a contact layup.
    Last edited by SeaLegs; 05-12-2014 at 01:52 PM.

I am sick of Gordon
    New Orleans Pelicans-Seattle Seahawks-Atlanta Braves-Anaheim Ducks

RIP HunnyB

This fits HunnyB/FlyGirl so well- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyzTiSEfM00

Quote Originally Posted by SeaLegs View Post
    Well color me surprised. I'm not sure it matters, though, whether or not he "accepts" the role, if it would ultimately serve as an impetus to push him out the door a little faster.

My favorite part of his quote is actually the "they brought me here to lead and set the tone for the team" part because if he truly were "setting the tone for the team" then we'd have a bunch of malcontents running around the court, furrowing their brows (in the case of AD, brow) in disbelief whenever they miss a contact layup.
    What's funny is the "lead" part to me. He hasn't been a leader AT ALL. He hasn't set the tone for the team AT ALL. Sorry Gordon, you didn't live up to your end of things, so why would you expect management to hold up their end?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by DiMaggio dunks View Post
    What did you expect? He's not interested in playing 82 games much less off the bench.
    LOL! So true! He better if he values employment!

Banned
    Gordon doesn't sound all that interested in anything.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    He has a complete lack of self-awareness that is pretty mind blowing.

Quote Originally Posted by DefensiveMind View Post
    He has a complete lack of self-awareness that is pretty mind blowing.
    Exactly why I have been saying that him opting out is a legit possibility. He is not rational. He really thinks he is a centerpiece of a team.

Bench him and force him to either opt out or agree to a trade in which he tells team acquiring him that he will opt out.

Guy is delusional.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Exactly why I have been saying that him opting out is a legit possibility. He is not rational. He really thinks he is a centerpiece of a team.

Bench him and force him to either opt out or agree to a trade in which he tells team acquiring him that he will opt out.

Guy is delusional.
    Delusional indeed. He was so impressed with Phoenix because they rolled the orange carpet out for him, and he wanted out of the Clips after Griffin's emergence as a focal point for their team. I honestly can't understand why AD hasn't forced him to want out yet because I think everyone has made it perfectly clear that AD is our centerpiece.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Thought he'd be too busy jawing at random tweets.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    He always sounds unexcited. Maybe he was intrigued but too apathetic to show it.

Nah

Yawn tired of this dude
    SIGN A SF

He seemed pretty excited about that marlin he caught 8 footer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    2017-2018 Finals MVP: Jrue Holiday

I hope we can find some team that's stupid enough to take him off our hands. A guy out-plays him at his position and he still thinks he's the "focal point" and a leader. GTHOH with that.

Banned
    The take-away from this article is our team doctors had no ****ing clue what was wrong with Gordon, and they had to send him to L.A. just to know what was wrong with him.

Fire. Them. All.

Quote Originally Posted by Noggy View Post
    The take-away from this article is our team doctors had no ****ing clue what was wrong with Gordon, and they had to send him to L.A. just to know what was wrong with him.

Fire. Them. All.
    Agreed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

I am not a fan of our medical staff, but I dont know how you guys have leaped to that conclusion. HIS doctor is in LA. Like you or me, he goes to his doctor when he gets injured. That should not be the takeaway from this article. Not at all.

Dude turned out to be a failed project. The sooner he's off our salary, the better. I hope he gets his head out of his *** and eventually realizes his potential, but he has no place on this team. I liked him initially, but he doesn't even play like he likes basketball.

''I won't get into that because I thought they brought me here to lead and set the tone for the team.
    Uhmm.... They DID!!!!!!

"I've got a lot to prove in my career and I'm still young (25).
    Well, you've proven quite a bit over the last 3 seasons. I think we can all agree on that.

So the more durable I am will really show what I'm capable of,'' said Gordon
    Uh...Would that be "physically" or...."mentally"? not that it really matters because both are a pipe dream...

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    We need to just get rid of this guy, by any means necessary. We will be a better team once he's off it.

Fire. Them. All.
    how did you take that away? First of all they didn't send him to LA to find out what was wrong with him, he has his own doctor in LA who he gets second opinions from all the time. He has advised differently than our medical staff on multiple of gordon's issues, and I am pretty sure most of Gordon's procedures were not performed by our staff, and yet he still isn't healthy, so I can't see how his health is all our medical staff's fault.
    never assume

Banned
    Yeah. So our doctors say one thing, and the L.A. doctor finds out what is actually wrong with him, MULTIPLE TIMES.

Come on. It's not that he gets injured because of our training staff, but that our medical doctors can't properly identify wtf is going on.

Yeah. So our doctors say one thing, and the L.A. doctor finds out what is actually wrong with him, MULTIPLE TIMES.

Come on. It's not that he gets injured because of our training staff, but that our medical doctors can't properly identify wtf is going on.
    Gordon has had multiple issues, many of them were different. We didn't get a bunch wrong that some doctor in LA figured out, those kind of sweeping statements are just wrong. His doctor advised differently on some issues than ours did, and Gordon still hasn't recovered to what he was before and is still having issues, he just had another procedure on his ankle, so is still don't see how his doctor in LA is so immensely better than our staff at identifying and correcting his problems. Didn't he have his initial procedure that he ended up missing over a year for somewhere other than with our staff? That was supposed to be a minimally invasive surgery that was supposed to be a speedy recovery so again you can **** on our medical staff all you want but I think you are completely wrong in calling for them to be fired over a broken player

I believe that Gordon was misdiagnosed. After his first surgery he had soreness in his knee. It was reported that the team wanted to perform micro fracture surgery on his knee. Gordon elected to have a second opinion done by a Chicago physician who diagnosed his pain as atrophy in his quad. His knee was structurally sound and did not require surgery. The Cali doctor performed ankle surgery last summer on Gordon and GV. This is his first knee surgery by the Cali doctor. I do not recall the Pels or Hornets medical staff performing any surgeries since Gordon’s misdiagnosis. Even Rivers had hand surgery done in NYC.

Despite his injuries, Gordon has played more games than Ryan Anderson in the last two seasons and has led the team in scoring two out of the three years he has been here.

Thread Information