Pelicans Report

Thread: Article about Darius Miller I found...

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar

Pelicans Article about Darius Miller I found...

http://themrst.com/2014/04/29/darius...alf-way-there/

Just found this. Figured you all might wanna check it out.

He is the guy I am least sure about with regard to our FA's.

I don't think Roberts gets the QO and I think he signs elsewhere. I think Babbitt and Withey have their options picked up. I think Aminu is gone, while I think Dell brings back Smith and Morrow.

But Miller, I have no clue. His QO is 1.15 mil. Give him that and you are pretty much guaranteed to keep him. Or you can decline that and resign him to a minimum deal or a partially guaranteed deal (similar to Lance Thomas) for a little bit less. I would say 55/45, with the 55% being the second scenario.

A lot of work went into Darius last summer. I don't know if they can just give up on that this summer. But if they give him the QO, he eats up cap room. If they don't, they can make all their signings and then come back and sign him for a minimum exception. I will be interested to see how Demps plays it.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    He is the guy I am least sure about with regard to our FA's.

I don't think Roberts gets the QO and I think he signs elsewhere. I think Babbitt and Withey have their options picked up. I think Aminu is gone, while I think Dell brings back Smith and Morrow.

But Miller, I have no clue. His QO is 1.15 mil. Give him that and you are pretty much guaranteed to keep him. Or you can decline that and resign him to a minimum deal or a partially guaranteed deal (similar to Lance Thomas) for a little bit less. I would say 55/45, with the 55% being the second scenario.

A lot of work went into Darius last summer. I don't know if they can just give up on that this summer. But if they give him the QO, he eats up cap room. If they don't, they can make all their signings and then come back and sign him for a minimum exception. I will be interested to see how Demps plays it.
    I have to assume we don't offer the QO. Who is going to come by and steal him with what he showed this year? The Lance Thomas example is exactly right. He's a fringe end of bench guy. We don't have the cap to waste trying to keep Miller from being stolen. Heck, I'm not even sure he's worth the QO from what he has shown.

Really like Miller. Seems like a nice dude. I'm sure he could take me off the dribble. But sadly we need a starting SF more than a backup to the backup SF.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    I like Darius as an end of the bench guy. If one of our guards go down I don't cringe when he gets a few more minutes. I hope he's back.
    @DanielVeuleman

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    I like Darius as an end of the bench guy. If one of our guards go down I don't cringe when he gets a few more minutes. I hope he's back.
    I agree. I don't cringe. I just know he's going to be a non factor.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

When he actually played minutes, I saw a player who could pass very well for his position and a player that was somewhat skilled offensively. He wasn't very physically gifted, but he wouldn't kill you defensively either. I say resign him and see if he can become a serviceable backup to whoever we end up signing. It wouldn't kill us bc next year is where the FAs are at anyway

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    You know who I'd possibly try to make a run at this offseason? He's not a guy you would want as a starter for 82 games, but someone to come off the bench and play a roll. Kyle Singer. Good offensive player who can space the floor. Shot 38% from three last season, and 49% from the corner three. Not sure what Detroit would want, but he'll only cost 1M and they'll have a whole new staff with coaches, GM, etc.

Thread Information