Pelicans Report

Thread: 2014 2nd Round Pick?

2014 2nd Round Pick?

Was I correct in reading today that our 2nd round pick goes to Minnesota?! (received Darius Songaila & Bobby Brown).....from a trade we did way back Sept 2009?

Then proceeded to gain one back from Clippers (Bobby Brown trade) in early 2010, but then gave it right back to Spurs in late 2010 for a guy I never remember playing for us?! (Curtis Jerrells).

So now currently we have ZERO picks in this years draft?

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    That's right we have no picks in this years draft.....until we do

The 40th pick in this years draft was probably the difference to us winning a championship or not.
    :'(
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    The 40th pick in this years draft was probably the difference to us winning a championship or not.
    :'(
    This is a very deep draft. I would love to have 2 2nds and take a shot at say Glenn Robinson III and Mitch McGary or whomever falls. This is the perfect opportunity to flip Pierre Jackson for at least an early 2nd. KJ McDaniels would be great as well.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Pierre Jackson will be our "pick". Seriously are we crying over second round picks?

Glenn Robinson III will not fall to the 2nd

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Glenn Robinson III will not fall to the 2nd
    Hence why I said or whomever falls.

Doodoo falls. Should we pick that?

Productive second round picks aren't that common, but I would be all for buying one if someone was selling a pick for cash. You might land a semi-decent Euro prospect or something.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Doodoo falls. Should we pick that?
    The child in me can't stop laughing .

On topic: I wouldn't mind buying a 2nd for McGary.

Quote Originally Posted by NDHornet View Post
    The child in me can't stop laughing .

On topic: I wouldn't mind buying a 2nd for McGary.
    Haha glad someone laughed!!

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Every year someone says "but this is a deep draft". If it happens every year, wouldn't that been the normal and therefore not so deep?

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Every year someone says "but this is a deep draft". If it happens every year, wouldn't that been the normal and therefore not so deep?
    I don't remember many people ever calling received t drafts deep but if you remember I'll believe you. But this is really a deep draft like it or not idk why this is an argument just look at the prospects available. If we can get a pick in the 3's we can get a good prospect. Someone I would rather have than Pierre Jackson.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by brentmd2 View Post
    I don't remember many people ever calling received t drafts deep but if you remember I'll believe you. But this is really a deep draft like it or not idk why this is an argument just look at the prospects available. If we can get a pick in the 3's we can get a good prospect. Someone I would rather have than Pierre Jackson.
    Pierre will be valuable to us when Roberts and Gordon are finally gone in 2015. He'll be fantastic behind Rivers and Jrue and Reke.

That Clippers pick was a pretend pick to facilitate a financial transaction. It being a top 55 pick seemed absurd when we traded for it and still seemed absurd when we traded it away.

Quote Originally Posted by Noggy View Post
    Pierre will be valuable to us when Roberts and Gordon are finally gone in 2015. He'll be fantastic behind Rivers and Jrue and Reke.
    I like Pierre as well but he is a luxury compared to the SF and C position where we need help desperately.

Thread Information