Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Uh oh, Los Angeles Clippers Owner, Donald Sterling, Recorded Saying Racist Remarks

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Just to clarify, I was talking about his comment regarding the creation of a completely separate and segregated "all-black" league for, not whether or not there should be more or less minority owners. If there are more minority owners, cool with me. I wouldn't care if they were all minorities.

Reactionary or not, the comments were made. Am I saying he (LJ) should be punished by law? No. But he is an executive in the NBA and blanket statements like that that could be controversial in nature should be evaluated by league office. Regardless race, creed, reason, whatever. At least that's the precedent that is being set here.

(and before someone twists this into me being a Donald Sterling supporter, no. Just stop. I'm happy he's banned for life because his words were detrimental to the organization that is the NBA as a whole and as a private body the NBA has the full right and authority to punish that... And I agree with the actions they took)
    I agree completely with ur statement and sterling out of the nba...I don't think there should be discrimination period...Equality comes with being responsible for what you say no matter what race, sex, etc...I think Larry Johnson statement should be criticized and not ignored. He is a executive in the Knicks organization. IMO the best player should player no matter race or sexuality.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    One of the few times I agree with Stephen A. He called out the NAACP because people are now saying, "Why didn't things happen in 2006. Doc and CP3 should have known" but Stephen A pointed out he got a lifetime achievement award from the NAACP. If they give him a lifetime award what are a bunch of players and a coach who aren't paying attention supposed to do? It's the NAACP 's JOB to point this stuff out and they gave the guy a lifetime achievement award.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Because the NAACP did the same thing the players and Rivers did - turned a blind eye when they saw $$$.

Thread Information