Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Uh oh, Los Angeles Clippers Owner, Donald Sterling, Recorded Saying Racist Remarks

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    They all knew he was a racist before this - every player, coach, and FO executive in the league knows this. Yet, Blake agreed to extend his contract there and CP3 and Doc demanded to be traded there.

Reap what you sew.
    This is the thing that confusing me the most. I was only in L.A. for a few years and heard tons of rumors about Sterling and his fairly open racist behavior. I even commented on it when CP3 agreed to go there.

Banned
    I don't even know so much that it's Sterling being stupid or dumb enough to get caught, rather it appears he really does not care to filter himself at all. If you read some of the old stories on him, he makes no secret to many people his thoughts on different races, specifically: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4187729

Though I think this does show how this type of stuff is typically dealt with, as it's been known by people involved that he is a huge racist, but no one seemed to care (note the detailed 2009 article with a total of 6 comments), but now when it's pushed in peoples face with video/audio, it's different. Just because it isn't public knowledge with proof doesn't mean it isn't the case. Media is filtered with a lot of this stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by saintsinNO View Post
    I don't even know so much that it's Sterling being stupid or dumb enough to get caught, rather it appears he really does not care to filter himself at all. If you read some of the old stories on him, he makes no secret to many people his thoughts on different races, specifically: http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4187729

Though I think this does show how this type of stuff is typically dealt with, as it's been known by people involved that he is a huge racist, but no one seemed to care (note the detailed 2009 article with a total of 6 comments), but now when it's pushed in peoples face with video/audio, it's different. Just because it isn't public knowledge with proof doesn't mean it isn't the case. Media is filtered with a lot of this stuff.
    Cognitive dissonance. I consider myself one of the most out of the box thinkers I know and even I get caught up.

Now it's all in people face to the point it can't be ignored. Sometimes unfortunately this is what it takes.

I personally think racism should never be tolerated. Hell my grandfather hates germany and all german because he was locked in a concentration camp, and i can't like even that. How can a person in such a position of power be openly racist and retain his "job"? Yeah this is not the ideal world we'd love to live in but still

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    This is the thing that confusing me the most. I was only in L.A. for a few years and heard tons of rumors about Sterling and his fairly open racist behavior. I even commented on it when CP3 agreed to go there.
    Yep. When I wrote a year ago that there is a small chance that CP3 could come back, it was all based on the fact that he might have a problem playing for that owner. I knew the Clippers had a better roster at the time, but AD will soon be better than Griffin and Ryno would be amazing playing off CP3. But more than any on the court stuff, the appeal of Benson over Sterling was huge. Guess he doesn't care. Get dem checks and try to win as much as possible right now was more important to him than what kind of man his boss was. Same goes for Doc.

So, I cant feel sorry for them. They knew this was a possibility.
    @mcnamara247

Banned
    Come home, CP!!

Come home, CP!!
    Nah, I dont want him back anymore. Just thought that maybe he could see what was so clear when he had the chance to get out. Guess those State Farm checks blinded him to the truth.

Banned
    Nah, I dont want him back anymore. Just thought that maybe he could see what was so clear when he had the chance to get out. Guess those State Farm checks blinded him to the truth.
    You're saying if we had a chance to grab CP/he wanted to come back, you would say no thanks? Can't believe that. He would maximize this rosters' ability.

"Beautiful black bodies" and "Sir, I asked if this was your handwriting" are my two favorite Sterling quotes. Don't forget he also has been sued for racist practices in his housing projects. The more this side of him is exposed, the better.

Oh yeah, he won an award from the NAACP in 2009.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

You're saying if we had a chance to grab CP/he wanted to come back, you would say no thanks? Can't believe that. He would maximize this rosters' ability.
    I dont think he is in the league in 5 yrs. I think a sharp decline starts in 3. His knees are deteriorating and it will get bad soon. And I dont think his teams' will ever win big. Too easy to shut down a team who relies so much on one ballhandler the deeper you get in the playoffs.

No doubt he is better than anybody we got now, but no, I would not swap Tyreke and Jrue for CP3 and a $2 million per year SG (the difference in their salaries)

Banned
    I dont think he is in the league in 5 yrs. I think a sharp decline starts in 3. His knees are deteriorating and it will get bad soon. And I dont think his teams' will ever win big. Too easy to shut down a team who relies so much on one ballhandler the deeper you get in the playoffs.

No doubt he is better than anybody we got now, but no, I would not swap Tyreke and Jrue for CP3 and a $2 million per year SG (the difference in their salaries)
    I see where you are coming from. Guess I would tend to agree, all things considered.

I read somewhere that the Clips were considering not playing tomorrow and I laughed hysterically. There is no way they would jeopardize a game over this. The may dislike/hate what their owner said, but they are winning for them not their racist owner.

I'd post a link, but I quickly deleted the website because I thought the idea was a joke and dismissed it.
    Last edited by Butters; 04-26-2014 at 03:46 PM.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    That R-word gets thrown around so much, it's lost all meaning. THIS is what a racist is. Not making an inappropriate joke. Or killing the black dude first in every horror movie.

Guy has a deep seeded disgust with us. And he's not only a racist, but he's just flat out a terrible, miserable human being I hate breathes the same air I do.

Just look up the deadspin articles on the man. Not only despises us. But he's lousy with Latinos, Koreans, women. Ugh.

A billionaire that isn't worth the two cents it takes to bash him.
    Last edited by Eman5805; 04-26-2014 at 03:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    To think so certainly he is the only racist owner of an NBA team is just naive, IMO.
    To assume cause this man is a racist and is old and white that there MUST be another owner of the other 29 is ridiculous. First of all not all 29 of those owners old and white. 2nd of all show me some proof 1 of the other owners is a racist and I'll believe it. Until then I'll go with what is fact at this point and what is currently known. Not off your assumptions.

Uh oh, Los Angeles Clippers Owner, Donald Sterling, Recorded Saying Racist Re...

I took it as he didn't want magic stealing his girlfriend...😜😜😜

Quote Originally Posted by Butters View Post
    I read somewhere that the Clips were considering not playing tomorrow and I laughed hysterically. There is no way they would jeopardize a game over this. The may dislike/hate what their owner said, but they are winning for them not their racist owner.

I'd post a link, but I quickly deleted the website because I thought the idea was a joke and dismissed it.
    Regardless of why they are winning Sterling is benefiting so I can understand the conflicting feelings. I think without a doubt they're playing.

On a real note, did anyone feel like sterling was feeling pressure from others? I don't know who the other people are, but he kept saying people kept calling him over the Instagram picture with magic.

Did Deandre Jordan and CP3 say that Sterling was an honorary black man (ala Richie Incognito)?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    To assume cause this man is a racist and is old and white that there MUST be another owner of the other 29 is ridiculous. First of all not all 29 of those owners old and white. 2nd of all show me some proof 1 of the other owners is a racist and I'll believe it. Until then I'll go with what is fact at this point and what is currently known. Not off your assumptions.
    Thats fine. Its your choice to believe whatever you want. We don't have proof. But we also don't have proof that any of the other 449 players are gay, but I will assume that a few are in spite of the lack of evidence.

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    On a real note, did anyone feel like sterling was feeling pressure from others? I don't know who the other people are, but he kept saying people kept calling him over the Instagram picture with magic.
    The higher elites with wealth . I will lowercase the "e" becuase these people are nothing to me, as the presence is felt (i stay on campus at UL) i will never respect nor C word for them. I understand how real life unspoken rules and norms follow, I can see it, sense it, feel it. And it makes me sick to be honest. Im just blessed to have meet people or currently good human beings, race to me never mattered. I take pride being an African American, I just wish and hope many more take pride in who they are as well.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

too much racism for the nba save it for the nfl

maybe the right wing needs a nba franchise owner

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    In professional sports? Probably not. That's a wide range of people. An owner of an nba team? I'd bet my azz he is the only one. A man in his position with those beliefs and remarks has no place in that business. Period.
    U cant be serious, u think he is the only racist owner in the NBA, are u kidding every owner probably is, not many old rich white guys like young black tattooed black guys, they might like that they profit off of them. Slave owners liked that they profited off of slaves, didnt mean they liked them

There are 2 minority owners in the NBA (3 if you consider the Russian).

Who recorded him? I'm assuming The girlfriend had enough of his racist crap and decided to put him on blast I'm guessing.

Thread Information