Pelicans Report

Thread: Chris Paul

Chris Paul

Is it me or is there a trend that every team Chris Paul plays with becomes under NBA control???

He left the Pelicans because the uncertainty of the ownership. How is it working out now CP3?

Better to play for a racist than for an nba-controlled team

Oh wait..

as much delight i get from a former hornets player who didn't want to be here, who leaves for the big market , nobody deserves that. Another human being thinkstheir better than you cuz of race or class . i get no enjoyment from cp3 situation . Sterling is a disgrace and the NBA and LA doesn't deserve his ignorance in this era.

If you read some of the court statements Sterling most likely made regarding the housing lawsuit, the phone conversation, and with Elgin Baylor, you get the idea that Sterling was just as much plain cuckoo as he was racist.

Man had no business running an NBA team. I can't imagine CP knew it was that bad. He has had success on the court though.

Quote Originally Posted by flyPelican View Post
    as much delight i get from a former hornets player who didn't want to be here, who leaves for the big market , nobody deserves that. Another human being thinkstheir better than you cuz of race or class . i get no enjoyment from cp3 situation . Sterling is a disgrace and the NBA and LA doesn't deserve his ignorance in this era.
    IDC really he knew Sterlling was racist and ignore that to play in a big market and sponsorship's he signed up for this.

So much bitterness at CP.

I'll never understand it.

Go ahead and pile on me but the guy was nothing but a class act while he was here and did everything you'd want a player to do on and off the court as a player for this franchise. All the while playing for ownership that had winning very low on their priority list. Swallowed his anger when the team tried to trade away Chandler for scrubs and refused to spend anything to win and consistently were shining examples of front office ineptitude. He even towed the line during the messy NBA ownership transition and saga and carried us to the playoffs.

Yeah I have a hard time sympathizing with cp3 with this sterling saga because he knew what he was getting into going to the clippers but I have no ill feelings toward him.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    If you read some of the court statements Sterling most likely made regarding the housing lawsuit, the phone conversation, and with Elgin Baylor, you get the idea that Sterling was just as much plain cuckoo as he was racist.

Man had no business running an NBA team. I can't imagine CP knew it was that bad. He has had success on the court though.
    If a pic of his written deposition or whatever on Deadspin was legit, you might be right. Now that it's over pretty much, some parts are quite funny to me.

jeez, do we have to make a thread mocking cp3 and the situation he is in? This is ridiculous, let it go

oh and 57 wins, huge tv deals, and one of the best coaches in the league over byron scott, jeff bower, and monty williams? I think he is still happy with being traded
    never assume

Yeah guys! We should have just let CP3 leave in FA and screw ourselves over! Come on dudes... He did us a favor by requesting a trade. He could have Lebroned us and gone to any team he desired, but he let us know he wanted out. I doubt the Clippers were his choice destination, but he did that so we could get something in return for him. He wasn't a saint, but he looked out for us. Stop being butthurt.

The funny thing is that D. West wanted out just as much as CP3 and everybody loves him. D. West just walked away. At least we got something for our troubles with CP3. It amazes me how we pick and choose who to be mad at even though the circumstances are fairly similar.

West was soft, how's his vet leadership keeping the Pacers afloat? Him leaving was good for us, unless you wanted to overpay for an aging PF who can't rebound that well and chooses to shoot 18 footers. CP3 left us, but then we still love him and want to retire his jersey. He's a politician trying to help his brand. Keep thinking he loves NOLA like he says, and that he had no idea Sterling was crazy.

What bothered me most about cp3 leaving was that we could have kept Collison if he'd have been honest with our coach. It ended up working out bc we were terribad, but it still left a bad taste in my mouth

Collison and Thorton were pretty much all I looked forward to before they got traded

Quote Originally Posted by Chinny View Post
    What bothered me most about cp3 leaving was that we could have kept Collison if he'd have been honest with our coach. It ended up working out bc we were terribad, but it still left a bad taste in my mouth

Collison and Thorton were pretty much all I looked forward to before they got traded
    I don't blame CP3 for that part. Demps believed in him when he shouldn't have, just like he did with Gordon. When it all went south, I thought Demps should have known it was going to happen.

Thread Information