Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: EG to Indiana(Again), perfect place for a trade?

I can't think of many "greats" who were not jerks, truth to tell. I mean it's not like kobe has been extremely likable according to all that has transpired during his career

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    I can't think of many "greats" who were not jerks, truth to tell. I mean it's not like kobe has been extremely likable according to all that has transpired during his career
    Eh, I don't know. I think it's a case by case basis TBH. For every Kobe and Jordan you have guys like Tim Duncan, Chris Paul and Lebron that are extremely liked by their teammates and by most accounts are all around nice guys. From what I heard Hakeem and Magic were super nice guys as well.

Chris Paul does not belong on that list. Rubbed a lot of guys the wrong way both here and in LA. They deal with it because he helps his team win.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Chris Paul does not belong on that list. Rubbed a lot of guys the wrong way both here and in LA. They deal with it because he helps his team win.
    Yeah Paul seemed to be to much of a premadonna for this city. I think when he started trying to be like Lebron, Wade, and Camelo it made him unbearable.
    As far as Stephenson goes. Didn't he get into with Lebron even when he was on the bench a few years back? He just seems like a jerk to me.

Jerk vs. Competative

I honestly think we pick and choose who we assign these labels to. The characteristics are pretty much the same.

Jerk vs. Competative

I honestly think we pick and choose who we assign these labels to. The characteristics are pretty much the same.
    In terms of Basketball or in general? I think competitiveness and jerkiness often walk the same path but don't have to. But I agree that as fans of a player the terms often refer to the same actions depending on disposition.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Stephenson was never going to get a max deal. He might have gotten more than $8, but never more than $11. I would honestly take him here if it would help our problems, but doesn't he essentially play the same role as Reke?
    He shoots and defends much better than Tyreke. I think he had a chance at a max deal, 23 yr old SG who does it all (rebound, defend, score, pass) and could still become a better scorer

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Lance has had serious character issues since he came into the league, much more than just arguing with teammates

Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    Lance has had serious character issues since he came into the league, much more than just arguing with teammates
    Lance has had character issues since high school. KU had the choice between Xavier Henry and Lance and went with Xavier because of the concerns about Lance's character.

He would not fit on this team. Stay far, far away, Dell!

Depends if you have the right combination of coach + team that won't be pushed around. I mean, stephenson is not (yet) on rodman-type of level

But yeah, with our coach and our team, i doubt he could be handled here

Lance S pushes women down stairs....any guy that thinks it okay to abuse a women is a @#!^ wit.
    I'd seriously think this would kill our team.

I don't think anybody suggested Lance coming here as part of the trade. I think the thought is that if some other team overpays him that they could be interested in EG.

I don't think anybody suggested Lance coming here as part of the trade. I think the thought is that if some other team overpays him that they could be interested in EG.
    It was suggested in this thread, and has been in the past. I understand the appeal, and people love reclamation projects.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I know it was dismissed outright earlier in this thread... but Hibbert is looking more and more like a player that I'm not even sure I'd want to trade Eric Gordon for!

I think from the way people are talking about what has happened in that locker room, the Pacers could very easily end up letting Lance walk and shopping Hibbert -creating a need for SG. And I'm not so sure that people are going to be jumping to gamble on Roy Hibbert's $14m for the next 2 years!

Like I said... I'm not sure I'd even do it, but it seems like trading Gordon for Hibbert might not be as out of the realm of possibility as people once considered it.

I'd still trade Gordon for Hibbert if I was us. It seems more likely than ever that Hibbert will get the boot. If they want to send a message I think they would let stephenson walk or S&T him and build off what they have left with only high character guys

Quote Originally Posted by NMThreeMVP View Post
    I know it was dismissed outright earlier in this thread... but Hibbert is looking more and more like a player that I'm not even sure I'd want to trade Eric Gordon for!

I think from the way people are talking about what has happened in that locker room, the Pacers could very easily end up letting Lance walk and shopping Hibbert -creating a need for SG. And I'm not so sure that people are going to be jumping to gamble on Roy Hibbert's $14m for the next 2 years!

Like I said... I'm not sure I'd even do it, but it seems like trading Gordon for Hibbert might not be as out of the realm of possibility as people once considered it.
    I'd still do it in a heartbeat, but I still don't think the Pacers would. Atleast Gordon could get them a few points.

Maybe... if we're talking about the Roy Hibbert that existed the first half of this season and in the playoffs last year, ok, fine.

But the problem with Hibbert, is that he's only been good for a total amount of time equal to about ONE SEASON out of his entire seven year career. In no way is he worth $14m over the next two years, IMO. But neither is Gordon. So, I probably do it.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I don't get how a person that's 7'2" 290lbs can only average 6.6 rebounds per game.

Hibbert can honestly just be made into a kendrick perkins role here. there are just certain matchups that we can't play Davis & Anderson with. Just those big body centers like Dwight is why you need a guy like Hibbert. and between Reke Jrue & Austin, i'd rather waste money overpaying a C (Hibbert) than another guard (Gordon)

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    I don't get how a person that's 7'2" 290lbs can only average 6.6 rebounds per game.
    There was a stat brought up that Hibbert got the fewest rebounds in the league that didn't come directly to him. That's horrible!

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    I didn't think it was possible that someone 7'2 can't get a point or rebound in 18 minutes in a game, but he sure proved me wrong last night.

Withey might be skinny, and get pushed around, but even he is having just as good a go at getting to the boards as Hibbert and at a fraction of the cost.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Indiana growing very tired of Lance's continued antics... wouldn't be crazy for them to not re-sign him & look elsewhere for a starting SG who is capable of ball handling & not a locker room issue... they could easily get gordon & withey for scola, copeland & mahinmi if they wanted. if they didn't want to get rid of mahinmi you can do scola copeland watson hill & sloan. then S&T Lance for the pieces you may have given up in a trade

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    Indiana growing very tired of Lance's continued antics... wouldn't be crazy for them to not re-sign him & look elsewhere for a starting SG who is capable of ball handling & not a locker room issue... they could easily get gordon & withey for scola, copeland & mahinmi if they wanted. if they didn't want to get rid of mahinmi you can do scola copeland watson hill & sloan. then S&T Lance for the pieces you may have given up in a trade
    Are all of those guaranteed contracts? If so, where do we fit them on the roster? Would we just be trading one oversized contract for 3-4 guaranteed contracts/roster spots?

The shorter Eric Gordon's contract gets, the more realistic any deal becomes.

Plus, I'd make a reasonable bet (like $150, nothing more) that he'd opt out of his deal next summer in order to sign a long term contract for more guaranteed money if he was playing for the Pacers. I think if he's reasonably healthy and effective next season, he opts out regardless of where he is.

A guy with his history needs to always guarantee his money every chance he gets. Look at it this way, the last year of his contract is the equivalent of playing under the NFL Franchise Tag. Sure it's more money in one year than he's likely to average over the next 4, but what if you get injured and decrease your value? Guaranteed money trumps everything.

Thread Information