Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: EG to Indiana(Again), perfect place for a trade?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar

EG to Indiana(Again), perfect place for a trade?

While we're witnessing the collapse of this supposed early season championship contender before our eyes, is this also the perfect place and opportunity for Dealer Dell to do some work? This teams chemistry and overall confidence seems to be dead as a door knob and the only way for this team have another shot at a ring may be to trade some of key role players to keep some of its core together. Hibbert? Evan turner, whom supposedly got into a fight with teammate(Stephensen I think)??

Discuss.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Turner is hot garbage lol

Okay, let me go with this despite the fact that I cant see this realistically happening.

1. We aren't getting Hibbert. They aren't going to overreact like that, and even if they do, they can get way better than Gordon. If they put him on the block, Eric Gordon is not going to be the best offer they get between the 29 teams.

2. Lance would have to walk. This is possible.

3. They would have to send us at least 10 mil in salary to fit Gordon's contract in

So, the trade could be something like Luis Scola, Ian Mahinmi, and Chris Copeland for Gordon, Babbitt, and Ajinca

I would do that in a heartbeat, but I dont see how that improves the Pacers.
    @mcnamara247

I was thinking about this the other day. only places I can see Eric going are capped out contenders w/ expirings. Trading replaceable pieces for a skilled player since cap room doesn't matter much at that point. Especially a team dealing with two SGs that can be considered locker room cancers.

I also like the idea MM posted of Luis Scola, Ian Mahinmi, and Chris Copeland for Gordon, Babbitt, and Ajinca. Just a few problems. I think they value Scola & Mahinmi too highly. I also think Stephenson stays unless a team really really overpays. But a quiet hometown kid who proves he can play some good basketball if he can stay healthy and has never been a problem in the locker room? I can see Indiana being potentially interested in him. Copeland's a definite & I would LOVE Mahinmi here. I believe years ago a poster on here mentioned that he was on our radar when he was still in Dallas

Side note: Remember the days when we thought we were getting the short end of the stick in a Gordon/Granger swap? Boy do I wish we had that expiring contract instead right now
    Last edited by AD23nEG10; 04-24-2014 at 10:42 PM.

Three fights this year according to sources:

Paul George and Lance Stephenson
    Roy Hibbert and Lance Stephenson
    Evan Turner and Lance Stephenson

Common denominator?

I could see the Pacers letting Stephenson walk, especially if he gets an 8 figure per year offer. But yeah, still dont see why Pacers do that trade, but that is the best I can do since I dont think it is realistic in the first place.

Yea I'm good on Stephenson as well. No thank you. Someone will over pay for him

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

Common denominator?

I could see the Pacers letting Stephenson walk, especially if he gets an 8 figure per year offer. But yeah, still dont see why Pacers do that trade, but that is the best I can do since I dont think it is realistic in the first place.

Out of all the decisions the Pacers have made this season I could see them turning to a guy who can contribute both on & off the court. even if he is somewhat underachieving I think he fits their team well & his desire to play in his hometown would really help him buy in/give it his all. I don't see it happening but I could see Indiana giving him thought this offseason

And Turner cant really be moved because he will either be restricted or unrestricted, and then you get into sign and trade scenarios that make it complicated to involve additional players. Plus, I cant see us wanting him.

Just can't see it. But I am curious to see what Indy does if they lose in 1st round. Can't just stand pat.

I would like Stephenson on this team. He would bring that edge that we haven't seen since Bonzie Wells was caught chain smoking during halftime. You know, that edge where he flicks the toothpick in his mouth out in your face and then proceeds to take a 3pt shot.

We need that edge.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I would like Stephenson on this team. He would bring that edge that we haven't seen since Bonzie Wells was caught chain smoking during halftime. You know, that edge where he flicks the toothpick in his mouth out in your face and then proceeds to take a 3pt shot.

We need that edge.
    Razor Ramon?

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Razor Ramon?
    Hey, yo.

Lance is waiting to get paid so he can be trash

Stephenson might have cost himself a max deal with those fights..he is a beast but not sure I'd wanna pay so much for a headcase

I think they'd have a hard time not shaking things up if they're bounced in the first round by a sub 500 team that's missing it's best player but before we get too carried away let's remember a concept that people conveniently seem to overlook so often that I'm going to write it in annoying all caps to reiterate for the billionth time:
    GORDON IS SEEN AS A NEGATIVE ASSET
    If there is a GM in the league who wants to take on Eric Gordon's contract it is not because he thinks Gordon will improve his team, but that Eric Gordon will be a step up from whatever they're giving back to us. No GM thinks they are Eric Gordon away from relevence. They would trade for Gordon because
    A) they are delusional
    B) they are desperate to appear as though they are making a 'winning' move to the fanbase while sneakily tanking (Lakers I'm looking at you)
    C) (and the most likely) they are shipping out their garbage for our garbage. Any of the top five players on the Pacers are not garbage and many of the lesser ones at least serve a role for less money. I'm not saying it's impossible but seemingly VERY improbable.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

So I'm curious. What's the deal with Hibbert? I haven't paid much attention to the Pacers this year and judging from playoff games he's on a worse contract than Gordon. His PER was below replacement level this year, he only shot 43% from the field. As a big man. He's never shot 50%. He only takes 25% of his shots around the rim? He's a bad rebounder at 7'2". Not even average, bad. Like never once in his career hit average C %s. His defense seems nice but the team helps there too,

Would he really command a ton more than Gordon? Because this year he's been hot trash and aside from the year before he signed his contract he's kinda been below average to bad, every year. Just looking at stats I don't know if I'd want him.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    I hope the Pelicans do not help Indiana get better. I wish they could trade with the Heat.

I don't think you're helping them if you're sending Gordon.

"… It wasn't that big of a deal. Two guys just bumping heads. Wasn't no fists thrown. Wasn't really a fight. Just a little scuffle.
    I think folks are overreacting on this "fight" issue. Stephenson is a good player... they won't get rid of him.

As for EG... we're a season away from him being tradeable, but I'll keep dreaming with y'all that somebody will take him off our hands.

Stephenson was never going to get a max deal. He might have gotten more than $8, but never more than $11. I would honestly take him here if it would help our problems, but doesn't he essentially play the same role as Reke?

Quote Originally Posted by smcgull View Post
    I hope the Pelicans do not help Indiana get better. I wish they could trade with the Heat.
    You wouldn't want to make the Pacers better but you would want to make the Heat better? Also Gordon to Pacers makes them worse.

I wonder if they would be intersted in Brian Roberts. He's more than a serviceable back-up PG who can score as well which is what Indy needs. Trade Roberts, bring P-jax in and make the team younger. We have jrue holiday and Austin rivers, Roberts needs to be included in a trade if we can get something half decent back because I do like Roberts and I think teams such as Indy could really benefit from his skill set.

Can't trade Roberts in all likelihood because he is a FA

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    Stephenson might have cost himself a max deal with those fights..he is a beast but not sure I'd wanna pay so much for a headcase
    OH HARO JR SMITH (not that JR got max... but he is a known headcase and got paid a lot... as a 6th man)

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post

Common denominator?

I mean how the hell do you fight with whole team? He must really hate it there or he is just a terrible person.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Or he is just doing what Jordan always did but teammates don't see him the same way as Jordan's teammates view him - with good reason.

But Jordan was the biggest jerk in the world. Since he was so good, though, people called this "leadership"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information