Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Jeff Green 'Eminently Available' In Trade If Contending Team Views Him As Fit

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Do you consider Ryno a core player?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Absolutely. Outside of Kevin Love and a very few handful of other plays in the league I don't there is another front court player that is as good of a fit next to AD as Ryno.

Understand, I'm not saying Ryno is better than only a handful of players. I'm saying as far as fit next to AD I can't see many who are better fits. In an interview during All Star Weekend AD basically said as much too. He also gave Ryno a huge compliment when asked who is the hardest in the league to guard he said Love and then said that the Pels have a guy like that too in Ryno. Of course Steven A tried to call him out on it for putting Ryno in the same sentence as Love but AD was making his point about skill set wise.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I see Ryno as the 4th guy - dont know if that means he is core or not. Just think he can be replaced easier than the other 3. I can get 80-90% of Ryno from guys like Channing Frye. Cant get guys similar to Tyreke or Jrue as easily as you could get a guy similar to Ryno. So, I think they would part with him easier than Jrue and Tyreke, but it would still take a lot
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I see Ryno as the 4th guy - dont know if that means he is core or not. Just think he can be replaced easier than the other 3. I can get 80-90% of Ryno from guys like Channing Frye. Cant get guys similar to Tyreke or Jrue as easily as you could get a guy similar to Ryno. So, I think they would part with him easier than Jrue and Tyreke, but it would still take a lot
    I think that goes to show how good our top 4 are.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Absolutely. Outside of Kevin Love and a very few handful of other plays in the league I don't there is another front court player that is as good of a fit next to AD as Ryno.

Understand, I'm not saying Ryno is better than only a handful of players. I'm saying as far as fit next to AD I can't see many who are better fits. In an interview during All Star Weekend AD basically said as much too. He also gave Ryno a huge compliment when asked who is the hardest in the league to guard he said Love and then said that the Pels have a guy like that too in Ryno. Of course Steven A tried to call him out on it for putting Ryno in the same sentence as Love but AD was making his point about skill set wise.

I disagree as good of a fit as he is on offense simply because he can shoot he's equally a liability on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I disagree as good of a fit as he is on offense simply because he can shoot he's equally a liability on defense.
    No. He's not. He's not great on defense for sure but he is not Harden level bad on defense. He's actually very smart defensively. He's just not athletic. He is an average to slightly below average defender and a well above average offensive player.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Well 1, Anthony Davis will be guarding the other teams best post player. And 2, you're exaggerating how bad he is.
    @DanielVeuleman

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    Well 1, Anthony Davis will be guarding the other teams best post player. And 2, you're exaggerating how bad he is.
    He's really not exaggerating. Ryno is not a good defender by any standard and he's not that great at rebounding either. I agree with MM. Ryno is the easiest to replace.

Ryno is easiest to replace of the 4, but his defense is underrated. He is smart and high effort. He gave Cousins more problems than Withey, Ajinca, or Stiemsma did. Forced him to really work and into a bunch of turnovers. The rebounding is the bigger problem IMO. But with Tyreke moving into the starting lineup, you got 3 above average rebounders in the starting lineup (for their positions) and if you add someone like PJ Tucker, you have 4.

I don't see why a trade of Anderson for Green doesn't make sense. Trade a luxury player for a player of need. We don't need anderson. We need a 3 who can guard most Forwards in the league and hit shots from almost anywhere on the court. It's not like we'd lose the spacing. Besides me liking Ryno as a person, it's a no brainer for me.

Because Anderson is the better player and on a better contract. I dont think people would be opposed to trading Anderson for a 3 or a 5, but not Green. Asik is better than Green, and people didn't want to do that.

If Reke enters the staring lineup, Ryno probably should too. I was all for the super bench because of Tyreke's versatility, but we should have decent enough players who can take their place on the pine. Jrue/Reke/FA/Ryno/AD should be one of the great starting 5's in the league (assuming Ryno can pick up where he left off).

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    If Reke enters the staring lineup, Ryno probably should too. I was all for the super bench because of Tyreke's versatility, but we should have decent enough players who can take their place on the pine. Jrue/Reke/FA/Ryno/AD should be one of the great starting 5's in the league (assuming Ryno can pick up where he left off).
    Would need a SF who can rebound if we go with that, and Green isn't that guy. But yeah, offensively, that unit would be unguardable

Would need a SF who can rebound if we go with that, and Green isn't that guy. But yeah, offensively, that unit would be unguardable
    Its all a bunch of ifs, but maybe things change in the offseason allowing it to become a reality. That would be noice.

I know I keep beating the drum, but those 4 and PJ Tucker would be the best starting unit in the NBA within a year IMO. He is the perfect compliment to those guys. Tough as nails D, was 5th in the NBA in corner 3's made this year, and is one of the best rebounding wings in the league. Doesn't need the ball to effect the game. Literally everything you would draw up if listing qualities for the 5th guy to compliment the Core 4.

I know I keep beating the drum, but those 4 and PJ Tucker would be the best starting unit in the NBA within a year IMO. He is the perfect compliment to those guys. Tough as nails D, was 5th in the NBA in corner 3's made this year, and is one of the best rebounding wings in the league. Doesn't need the ball to effect the game. Literally everything you would draw up if listing qualities for the 5th guy to compliment the Core 4.
    How much do you think he gets in FA?

Because Anderson is the better player and on a better contract. I dont think people would be opposed to trading Anderson for a 3 or a 5, but not Green. Asik is better than Green, and people didn't want to do that.
    I respect your opinion but offensively Green puts us in a better position because of his ability to hit a shot all over the court. He would be a true wildcard. We would need someone like Koufos or another rebounder in the lineup besides AD but Anderson is limited in his shot selection. Green can open up more lanes by being aggressive or passive.

Small sample size because of injury, but Anderson had more points, on better 2PT%, FT%, and 3PT% than Green this season.

Also:

Jeff Green 'Eminently Available' In Trade If Contending Team Views Him As Fit

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    Also:

Lol the % are way out of whack or skewed due to small sample size. Green is forced to take many more shots than Anderson due to his supporting cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Lol the % are way out of whack or skewed due to small sample size. Green is forced to make many more shots than Anderson due to his supporting cast in addition to injury.

Last year, Anderson still shot better than Green despite also having a higher USG%.

Anderson's shot chart for last season:

No way in the world would we trade ryno straight up for green, you have to be kidding. Green is over paid and ryno is on a really good contract. Ryno is a much more valuable trading chip. Also, I am not opposed to trading ryno either. Just not for green. I am not opposed to trading any of our guys except Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    How much do you think he gets in FA?
    It is weird because I think it all depends on if Phoenix can get a big time SF in free agency. If they get someone like Deng, I dont think they will match anything over 4 mil per for Tucker. If they can't get a SF in draft, trade or FA, I think it will take 6+ mil per season to get him.

The hope would be that they land a SF, then we work out a S&T with them like we did with Tyreke, Ryno, and Lopez. They get a trade exception and maybe a chip like Pierre Jackson or Ajinca, Babbitt, etc. and we get Tucker without having to worry about them matching or us having to waste those 3 days to find out.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JunkHead View Post
    good god. I thought he wa a bit better than that. ok nm. still though... chances you could trade him for something else? or a 2nd round pick?
    Unless whatever team has him when he is expiring, I can't see anyone trading for that contract. Maybe if someone is super desperate, but I'm not super desperate for Jeff Green.

I would do both trades.

I think rivers is a stud but we need a sf.

Yes gerald wallace contract does suck but you still get jeff green regardless, hes the perfect fit at small forward for us, he can spread the floor for jrue and tyreke, he is stupid athletic, he is big and can lockdown just about anyone he wants on defense, worth the gamble, atleast we get something out of a bad contract, gordon is just gonna suck forever

Thread Information