Pelicans Report

Thread: DPOY to Noah

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar

DPOY to Noah

Didn't see this on here.... But DPOY went to Noah, with Hibbert in second... AD in 8th.

Maybe I'm a homer, but Hibbert played 29mpg, 4dreb/gm, 2.7 bpg... Vs Davis 35mpg, 7dreb/gm, 2.8bpg

On top of that, hibbert was immature and benched throughout the season. I'm not saying Davis should've been in 2nd or Hibbert in 8th... But I think this is just Davis still being a relatively unknown amongst the league still

Noah is well deserved. Davis in 8th is a joke.

Banned
    Can't argue with Noah. Davis at 8, LOL.

Who were the top 8?

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Probably a product of our team defense still being so bad. Not saying it's fair, but I have to think that played a part.

Team defense plays a huge factor in this award. Davis struggles with bigger guys still and although he blocks a lot of shots, he is by no means a defensive anchor yet. Although no one really doubts that he will be in the next year or two

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Already said. Our team defense was nothing special. Whereas Noah was their anchor. AD will get his someday.

After Noah, Indiana center Roy Hibbert and Clippers center DeAndre Jordan finished 2-3. Oklahoma City forward Serge Ibaka was fourth, Golden State wing Andre Iguodala took fifth, Miami forward LeBron James was sixth and Indiana forward Paul George netted seventh. Davis finished in an eight-place tie with Houston center Dwight Howard.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    After Noah, Indiana center Roy Hibbert and Clippers center DeAndre Jordan finished 2-3. Oklahoma City forward Serge Ibaka was fourth, Golden State wing Andre Iguodala took fifth, Miami forward LeBron James was sixth and Indiana forward Paul George netted seventh. Davis finished in an eight-place tie with Houston center Dwight Howard.
    The laughable part of this is any GSW player getting votes. Iggy is riding reputation (despite missing a good quarter of the season with an injury).

The laughable part of this is any GSW player getting votes. Iggy is riding reputation (despite missing a good quarter of the season with an injury).
    The Warriors were one of the best defensive teams in the league

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Haven't been playing like it lately though.

But yeah, you are right. I looked it up and they were high up their in DEff. I was just going off the eye test for the end of the season

But yeah, you are right. I looked it up and they were high up their in DEff. I was just going off the eye test for the end of the season
    Yeah, I know what you mean

Wow. Count me in the shocked category. I don't see a good defensive team when I watch them.

Thanks to Bogut more than Iggy.

I don't disagree with Noah winning it. Noah, Ibaka and AD were the best defenders in the league. Deandre Jordan too. But AD at #8? Nah....

I love AD but the dude has been no defensive stalwart. He changes a lot of shots but his defensive instincts and IQ have a long way to go. He'll get there as he matures and spends more time in the league. His one on one defense is okay. I like his footwork. But he still has a long way to go with that as well. Hopefully his body filling out, learning not to bite on pump fakes, and having faith in better team defense can help correct some of those. I don't think AD is even top ten defensively for this last season. I think he will be at least deserving of a DPOY eventually but as better than advertised his offense has been, his defensive reputation has fallen short in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Thread Information