Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Eric Gordon as the 6th man, can it work?

But the whole point is that you can get that caliber of player for one fifth the price. I mean, if Morrow can play next year the way he did this year, he is ideal for the offense.

Its just about maximizing resource and you will never be able to maximize resources with Gordon contract on the books.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @mcnamara247

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Don't think you derailed it. It is still something that gets brought up a lot.

Now, it gets rehashed because people question whether he can move to the bench. Maybe he has matured since then, but some Clippers writers told us he was getting very jealous of Blake Griffin when he took the big dog spot from Gordon in LA and they were also told from some of Gordon's people that a big reason why he wanted Phoenix was because he would be the clear #1 guy. Rememberm we had just gotten the #1 pick and he knew AD was going to be the cornerstone.

So, could a guy who wanted to be the face of a franchise just a few years ago now want to come off the bench? I am not buying it, but we will see.
    I don't really get where any of this comes from. Gordon wasn't happy to come here because he went from a budding contender to a team that was garbage. If he wanted be the center of attention that should have made him happy. I think the kid just wants to win.

Here are some of his reactions to being traded:
    http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...clippers-fans/
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/eric-go...0399--nba.html

Draft Pick
    That is why it is more imperative that you see what you have with all your parts working.

The object goal of a front office is always sell high. Right now the value is so low there is no selling to be done.

Set him up to look great next season be it a 6th man or a starter and teams will come calling. You can decide to move him or another part. You want options and we don't have that.

Everyone in NBA front offices know the Gordon deal is stupid. They would be doing us a favor making a move and that gets us another bad deal. We need to play him up so someone looks at the situation as him being a guy that can push their team over the top. That is not going to happen this offseason.

We just have to bite the bullet and hope he has a great season.

Landry Fields & Amir Johnson for Eric Gordon... who says no?

This was/is a thread about him being a six man..or potentially. In true spirit we just reverted back to all the other "trade Gordon" threads.

I think it could work with the 2nd unit where he can feel like hes the man and would be a 6th man of the year...could it work for those reasons? yes...he plays better confidence wise with the ball in his hand and as the #1 option so it think surrounding him with Morrow Rivers and whatever bigs we have, that coudl be a great 2nd lineup.

Just answering the question..

we know Tyreke plays better as a starter and is way more confident so i think it will work to make us a more productive team to 1) maybe find a permanent place for gordon or 2) give him a place to show off his skill set to force a trade.
    The Only way to get ahead is to get started.....What you waiting for!

Only problem with Rivers-Gordon-Morrow perimeter trio as core 2nd unit is that you better have some monster front court rebounders because those three aren't getting any. Withey is terrible too. And so is Ryno as a defensive rebounder. Maybe put those three with Withey and Ajinca, as Ryno and AD start at the 4 and 5.

Thread Information