Pelicans Report

Thread: Elfrid Payton

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar

Elfrid Payton

What you guys think about him? His projection is mid first early second.

He reminds me of Jamal Crawford, just way better defensively(which I think is his best attribute). Would be a great young guy to play the Harden and Ginobili role, this will make sense with Evans becoming a starter and Gordon hopefully being traded. What you guys think? Or what position you think will be addressed later in the draft?
    2013-1014 is the season the Pelicans fanbase grows!!!!

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    It's an option. But the first point of contention is what will we do to get said 2nd rounder? Because we don't have one.

The second is, eh. I think he has loads of tools. But he's another guard and we have plenty of those. Unless he hit a 3 or 4 inch growth spurt. We need competent size on this team.
    Last edited by Eman5805; 04-19-2014 at 06:19 PM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Trell's Avatar
    Lmao that I did not know! Gosh where have I been?

This thread can now be discontinued and or trashed. But he has a 6'7 wing span which is wonderful for a guard.

We dont really need him but I think he is gonna be a great value for whoever picks him. He is much more of a true PG though than Crawford

Quote Originally Posted by speedyG View Post
    We dont really need him but I think he is gonna be a great value for whoever picks him. He is much more of a true PG though than Crawford
    I am a huge Cajun fan who lives in Lafayette but I used to live in New Orleans so I also love the Pelicans and I try to make a game or two per season . Anyway, word around here is the Spurs will take Elfrid with their pick if he is still there when they make their selection. The Celtics also are a potential landing spot from what we hear. San Antonio would be a great organization for him to end up with as they would not rush him and we all know they can develop players. However it is still not certain he won't return to Louisiana's Ragin Cajuns for his senior year but it is extremely unlikely he remains. There is a chance he could be a lottery pick in 2015 but too much to risk by not coming out now.

Thread Information