Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Playoffs - Geaux CP3

Am I the only one that thinks the officiating in the Raps Brooklyn series has been downright criminal?? NBA is making it very obvious they want a Nets-Heat series.

Quote Originally Posted by hornetstime247 View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks the officiating in the Raps Brooklyn series has been downright criminal?? NBA is making it very obvious they want a Nets-Heat series.
    I think the officiating has been terrible in every series.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Every team I wanted to win lost today. ****ty day.

Big 3 David West wow

Unbelievable shot by Vinsanity!!!!

Amazing shot by Carter to win the game. Dallas takes a 2-1 lead. I really think they have a chance to get past the Spurs. Monta Ellis has been impressive. He has changed his game for the better.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Unbelievable shot by Vinsanity!!!!
    Man I swear all these years and I was never shocked by a buzzer beater more than that one lol that not was supposed to happen. Amazing

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

Great finish. Major moment.

If OKC loses this round to Memphis, I think they look to trade Westbrook. Any chance we go after him with a Gordon and Anderson for Westbrook and (guy to make trade possible) deal?

Quote Originally Posted by jsl05 View Post
    If OKC loses this round to Memphis, I think they look to trade Westbrook. Any chance we go after him with a Gordon and Anderson for Westbrook and (guy to make trade possible) deal?
    Why when we have Holiday and need a 3?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sleeper View Post
    Why when we have Holiday and need a 3?

Because we'd get rid of Gordon and add a talented, experienced player in Westbrook (Jrue could play off the ball). We'd have talent and athleticism and could probably find a cheap 3.

Dell finds role players in his sleep. Look at all the guys he's gotten before. It would be tough to get rid of RyNo though, but getting Westbrook would be hard to pass up.

Nah, we don't want Westbrook. And there's really no getting rid of Gordon this offseason.

Because we'd get rid of Gordon and add a talented, experienced player in Westbrook (Jrue could play off the ball). We'd have talent and athleticism and could probably find a cheap 3.

Dell finds role players in his sleep. Look at all the guys he's gotten before. It would be tough to get rid of RyNo though, but getting Westbrook would be hard to pass up.
    I wouldn't disagree with that but just don't think he's a fit. He could be used in a 3 team trade to net us a 3 though considering the market is flooded with 3's and point guards are hard to come by.

Yeah I think we need another 2 guard....

not

The officiating in the rockets/blazers game is awful
    Last edited by UptownFuz504; 04-27-2014 at 10:54 PM.

I think the officiating is getting worse.

This is a really good game. The Blazers are the real deal

Rolo played well tonight. The Blazer starting 5 plays well together.

Great game... I wish Batum was on this team.

What the what?

No. We don't need another injury prone guard on this team. All he would do is stunt ADs growth by taking all the shots when he's on the court and ruin team chemistry by constantly going in and out of the lineup due to injury.

He's had as many surgeries on his knees as Gordon and in a shorter period of time.

I don't mean to be rude but can we start a pole for who the more delusional fans are, those who think that we could trade Anderson and Gordon, for Westbrook or those who wouldn't want Westbrook on the team for such a bargain?
    Westbrook has had a pretty rough last year for health but before this season he played every game his professional career......and college career......and in high school.
    Calling him injury prone may be a little soon. I mean of course there's the possibility that it becomes a serious issue in the future but so far those surgeries have been from the one injury and it looks like he's recovered well so far.
    As is calling him selfish or claiming that he'd be taking shots away from AD. He averaged less than 4 shots less per game than Jrue did this year per game. Westbrook is one of the best guards in the NBA. He is immature and he sometimes makes the wrong plays but his skill level is higher than anyone else on our team right now. Westbrook makes a more positive contribution to his team right now than AD does to ours. Think about that. And we're stuck debating not if they would for some reason get rid of him, but if they would for the terrible contract of Gordon plus the good contract of a guy coming off major back surgery. You could get 75% of Ryno in a number of stretch fours throughout the league. If we could get Westbrook while dumping EJ's contract for anything on this roster aside from AD I'd do it.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    I don't mean to be rude but can we start a pole for who the more delusional fans are, those who think that we could trade Anderson and Gordon, for Westbrook or those who wouldn't want Westbrook on the team for such a bargain?
    Westbrook has had a pretty rough last year for health but before this season he played every game his professional career......and college career......and in high school.
    Calling him injury prone may be a little soon. I mean of course there's the possibility that it becomes a serious issue in the future but so far those surgeries have been from the one injury and it looks like he's recovered well so far.
    As is calling him selfish or claiming that he'd be taking shots away from AD. He averaged less than 4 shots less per game than Jrue did this year per game. Westbrook is one of the best guards in the NBA. He is immature and he sometimes makes the wrong plays but his skill level is higher than anyone else on our team right now. Westbrook makes a more positive contribution to his team right now than AD does to ours. Think about that. And we're stuck debating not if they would for some reason get rid of him, but if they would for the terrible contract of Gordon plus the good contract of a guy coming off major back surgery. You could get 75% of Ryno in a number of stretch fours throughout the league. If we could get Westbrook while dumping EJ's contract for anything on this roster aside from AD I'd do it.
    I agree with 99%. Of it BUT strongly disagree that u think Westbrook makes a more positive contribution to his team now than Davis does. No way no how do I agree with that. Sorry. The other 99% tho? I'm rt there with ya. Lol

I agree with 99%. Of it BUT strongly disagree that u think Westbrook makes a more positive contribution to his team now than Davis does. No way no how do I agree with that. Sorry. The other 99% tho? I'm rt there with ya. Lol
    Thanks. I was hoping at least one person would agree.
    I think AD will absolutely be the better player and have the better career but I still think Westbrook is the better player right now. I think as soon as next season though things may be different.

I second that emotion. I also think that a lot of people on this site are delusional when it comes to talent evaluation.

3 surgeries in 18 months on the same knee isn't injury prone?

I'm sorry I think Westbrook is extremely athletic but his knee bothers me. He was limping at the end of last game too. Combine that with the type of offensive player he is and the fact we already have over 20M spent on our guards and I wouldn't want him on this team. You are effectively making us thin at PF to keep us deep at G.

And if you don't think he would mess up what we are trying to do with AD you are wrong. Monty has already said the offense will rune through AD next year. That won't happen with Westbrook or he will be upset with that role and it won't be a good fit.

Some people are delusional in thinking all you need is to just throw pieces together and if you get every good / great player that the team will magically be awesome. Sadly life doesn't work that way.

Also Portland winning last night made me happy.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Thread Information