Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Playoffs - Geaux CP3

10 seconds left in the game down by two and Harden didn't even play for the shot. Immediately tried to get the foul call and when it didn't come put up an awful attempt. I liked him so much when he was in OKC but his game is completely built around getting calls. He's just annoying now. I'm happy Portland stole one. I hope it's a sweep.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    10 seconds left in the game down by two and Harden didn't even play for the shot. Immediately tried to get the foul call and when it didn't come put up an awful attempt. I liked him so much when he was in OKC but his game is completely built around getting calls. He's just annoying now. I'm happy Portland stole one. I hope it's a sweep.
    He is easily 1 of the most annoying players to watch. That was a horrible call at the end tho where Howard got called for a foul to give Portland 2 fts instead of Howard shooting 2 to take the lead.

To add to that. This was a horrible officiated game on both sides. These nba refs really need to get better for the better for the game.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    To add to that. This was a horrible officiated game on both sides. These nba refs really need to get better for the better for the game.
    Yeah, the Clippers-Warriors game was also terribly officiated. Hope they step up their game for sure...but at least GS and POR won.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Yeah, I can't imagine anyone being a fan of Harden outside Houston and OKC. His "game" is completely built around hitting 3s and drawing contact.

Yep. The Howard no travel which got Rolo fouled out was awful. LMA was just stupid on that moving screen. Then the Harden jump into Batum for the two FTs later. Portland had some calls too for sure, like the Howard foul out was a bad one. But man, I like Lilliard so much more than Harden now. He goes for the throat and has ice in his veins, he takes the big shot. Harden flops and tries to jump into players without even attempting to hit the shot to win the game. It's almost embarrassing what basketball has become for some players compared to the 90s.

Yep. The Howard no travel which got Rolo fouled out was awful. LMA was just stupid on that moving screen. Then the Harden jump into Batum for the two FTs later. Portland had some calls too for sure, like the Howard foul out was a bad one. But man, I like Lilliard so much more than Harden now. He goes for the throat and has ice in his veins, he takes the big shot. Harden flops and tries to jump into players without even attempting to hit the shot to win the game. It's almost embarrassing what basketball has become for some players compared to the 90s.
    As much as I believe Lilliard is overrated, I cannot deny that he is an extremely clutch player. He looked very explosive to the basket too...he needs to attack more often. He would become a far more efficient player that way. Great games nevertheless by him and LMA.

Quote Originally Posted by PelsFan2313 View Post
    As much as I believe Lilliard is overrated, I cannot deny that he is an extremely clutch player. He looked very explosive to the basket too...he needs to attack more often. He would become a far more efficient player that way. Great games nevertheless by him and LMA.
    Oh sure, I'm not talking about how bad or good of a player he is. But a guy who takes and hits the big shot and does it with no fear on his face, I like. This game just stood out so much to me the difference between Harden and Lilliard.

Oh sure, I'm not talking about how bad or good of a player he is. But a guy who takes and hits the big shot and does it with no fear on his face, I like. This game just stood out so much to me the difference between Harden and Lilliard.
    I find it insane that I already consider Lilliard as one of top 5, top 10 clutch shooters in the league. The dude is a second-year player. He lives for these moments.

Lillard is a beast. Period,

Patrick Beverly. Best perimeter defender in the league? I don't think anyone is even close to his level.

Lillard is a beast. Period,
    thank you. There is nothing overrated about this guy. I'll trade anybody on this team not named AD for him in a heartbeat.
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    thank you. There is nothing overrated about this guy. I'll trade anybody on this team not named AD for him in a heartbeat.
    I'm not sure I'd move Jrue for him. Maybe that seems a bit crazy to some but we didn't get to really see Jrue play this year. Yes Lillard is a better shooter but honestly that's the only thing he's better than Jrue at and that's not even by a huge margin. Jrue actually shot a better FG% and they were both 39% from 3pt. When you combine how bad Lillard is on defense and the fact that Jrue has a WAY high assist % (39% compared to 25%) along with better rebounding, overall assists, steals, blocks. . .the argument is a lot closer.

For this team as constructed, I would personally prefer Jrue I think.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Called it way back. The Rockets are going no where with Harden and Howard. One plays no D. The other doesn't have his head screwed on right.

They'd be the perfect guys to put on our team, though. They would all be subservient to the greatness that is the Brow.

I'm not sure I'd move Jrue for him. Maybe that seems a bit crazy to some but we didn't get to really see Jrue play this year. Yes Lillard is a better shooter but honestly that's the only thing he's better than Jrue at and that's not even by a huge margin. Jrue actually shot a better FG% and they were both 39% from 3pt. When you combine how bad Lillard is on defense and the fact that Jrue has a WAY high assist % (39% compared to 25%) along with better rebounding, overall assists, steals, blocks. . .the argument is a lot closer.

For this team as constructed, I would personally prefer Jrue I think.
    No way. Lol..holiday for Lillard with no hesitation. Lillard and Davis pairing would be devastating for the league. I drool just thinking about it. Stats aren't always the end all be all especially the % stats. Lillard is impossible to contain on the perimeter.

No way. Lol..holiday for Lillard with no hesitation. Lillard and Davis pairing would be devastating for the league. I drool just thinking about it. Stats aren't always the end all be all especially the % stats. Lillard is impossible to contain on the perimeter.
    Lillard is what Eric Gordon should be. Imagine we could have a Lillard type player and keep Holiday.
    Yeah that's right Lillard and Davis in one team would dominate the league.

lot of the media saying Vogel could lose his job if the pacers lose this series, what do you guys think of this whole thing with the pacers? also would love vogel here... just saying, not trying to get into whole fire monty thing
    never assume

Man I am sorry but I cannot cheer for cp3. I will always hate the way he forces his way out west too. I hate buddy buddy basketball. Chris Paul and especially his brother were attention wh***s who couldn't wait to get to LA. I hope they never win anything and as karma is building it looks as if he won't.
    I'm a grinder

Plus I rather holiday over lillard all day. Lillard blows on defense

I hear ya but my sister and brother are Houston natives and my little nephew is a huge rockets fans. Sooooooo as much as I hate both those guys. I have to root for my little nephew to be happy.
    I'd have to find something else to make them happy

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by pelicans_82-0 View Post
    Lillard is what Eric Gordon should be. Imagine we could have a Lillard type player and keep Holiday.
    Yeah that's right Lillard and Davis in one team would dominate the league.
    He'd have to learn how to pass first. His assist % actually went down from his rookie year. Tyreke has a 5% higher assist % this year. Jrue 15%. Lillard would add one skill that we don't have and that's the last shot guy. People forget how he was taken to task on defense by Jrue And Tyreke. His usage is higher which is exactly what we don't need.

I really like Lillard and the attitude he plays with but when you take everything into account including the fact that Jrue and Lillard are 1 month apart in age and I don't think it's as clear cut as people make it. I wouldn't expect Portland to want to trade for Jrue. I think each is a good fit for their team.

Lillard will give you 30 but he'll allow the opposing guard to do the same he's Brian Roberts on D he also is not a true pg.

He'd have to learn how to pass first. His assist % actually went down from his rookie year. Tyreke has a 5% higher assist % this year. Jrue 15%. Lillard would add one skill that we don't have and that's the last shot guy. People forget how he was taken to task on defense by Jrue And Tyreke. His usage is higher which is exactly what we don't need.

I really like Lillard and the attitude he plays with but when you take everything into account including the fact that Jrue and Lillard are 1 month apart in age and I don't think it's as clear cut as people make it. I wouldn't expect Portland to want to trade for Jrue. I think each is a good fit for their team.
    Jrue and Lillard are both great players. There is no doubt.
    The sad thing is that we have that type of player in our roster.
    I don’t know, but there is maybe a possibility that Eric Gordon is playing bad on purpose to lower his trade value and can go to a team without this team is giving up too much.
    Lillard can play sg too, like e.g. Westbrook or Dragic.
    Hypothetical our starting lineup could look like:
    Holiday
    Lillard or Harden
    Evans
    Anderson
    Davis
    By the way Eric Gordon had more potential than Harden (this why I listed Harden).
    However it is great to see Lillard playing well in his first playoff game.
    Portland vs. Houston …
    Wow it is astonishing how D12 is playing against mediocre defense now.
    I can remember the Orlando Magic D12 was dominant.

I don't have to hate CP to hate the Clippers. I hate Blake Griffin, DJ, and Barnes for acting like punks on the court. I hate Paul and Griffin for flopping all over the place. I hate their announcers who believe everything the Clippers do should be front page headline news. I hate their entitled fans for talking trash year round and, ironically, always complaining about the refs (you couldn't find a clippers fan 5 years ago as well.). Add that to the fact that I get to root against Chris Paul. I hold nothing against him for leaving: I'm glad he left since it resulted in our getting AD, but the "I left for wining bulls***" is just that. Not many teams I despise, but the Clippers are one I just can't stand. Go Warriors!

This Grizz Thunder game is pretty darn good.

Thread Information