Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: 2014 Playoffs - Geaux CP3

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Can't wait till AD's game gets on that level. He's almost there. But he isn't hitting turnarounds.

Yet.
    AD def + LA off = 1 helluva player

LA is murdering the Rockets right now.

The rockets lol

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    AD def + LA off = 1 helluva player
    I hope we'll get to see this player asap

Hall of Famer Contributor
    LA is murdering the Rockets right now.
    Even with Harden's as usual stellar defense? Shocking.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wVYJULA...ature=youtu.be

Strong defense, Houston.

Strong defense, Portland.
    Last edited by Sovereign; 04-23-2014 at 11:20 PM.

Glad the Rockets are losing and great to hear Joel broadcast these games...

Joel Meyers has to be the best in this game. Also, the rockets are gonna get swept. Wouldn't be surprised to see Mchale fired if in fact they are swept.

This is a great day.

Tyreke would put up Harden numbers with those ft attempts

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Harden ain't putting up no numbers this series lol. He's something like 14-48 this series.

I always thought harden and the rockets were a great mix, two chokers, they were made for each other. I seriously hope the rockets get swept, i won't be able to stop laughing

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    I think that this same thing happens to Reke in the playoffs. Those lanes tighten up and fast breaks are minimal. Reke won't be that effective in a playoff series. He's too easily exploited in a series.

Joel is amazing at his craft. Chris Webber on the other hand leaves a lot to be desired.

If AD's game grows to LA's we would have a once in a generation type player.

What is interesting is that Houston's team offense efficiency is only .3 better than Portland's, while their defensive efficiency is 1.6 better than Portland's. Houston should be winning these games (if by a narrow margin), but they are not.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    I love watching Houston melt down in the way that they have. It's obvious that they are unsure of themselves. And yes, Joel is great at his craft and we are fortunate to have him. We now have good tv and radio, which is important for an organization. Having said that, I really miss Gerry V and the skill he brings to the craft. Hopefully we can work him back in somehow. Oh, and Gracias, Webber isn't that bad and he will get better by being around guys like Joel. He's not great, but I think that he could become a respectable player in the broadcast game.

I am sure he will get better...it's not like he can call a timeout during the game. His love for big men (while undertandable being a big man himself) is just a little to much for me.

Quote Originally Posted by luigi modelo View Post
    I love watching Houston melt down in the way that they have. It's obvious that they are unsure of themselves. And yes, Joel is great at his craft and we are fortunate to have him. We now have good tv and radio, which is important for an organization. Having said that, I really miss Gerry V and the skill he brings to the craft. Hopefully we can work him back in somehow. Oh, and Gracias, Webber isn't that bad and he will get better by being around guys like Joel. He's not great, but I think that he could become a respectable player in the broadcast game.
    I haven't been impressed with our radio broadcasts since Gerry V left. Joel, on the other hand, is a godsend after dealing with CST for so long.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaLegs View Post
    I haven't been impressed with our radio broadcasts since Gerry V left. Joel, on the other hand, is a godsend after dealing with CST for so long.
    It's like we've been riding around in a 1996 Toyota Carola for years. And suddenly a 2015 BMW M3 rolls up and the Carola is rolled off a cliff.

Nirvana...

I think that this same thing happens to Reke in the playoffs. Those lanes tighten up and fast breaks are minimal. Reke won't be that effective in a playoff series. He's too easily exploited in a series.
    The big difference is twofold. One, Harden goes for the foul every time and can't get to the basket anywhere near as well as Reke. Like, not even close. Harden took 27% of his shots at the rim. Reke took 57% of his shots there.

The other issue is Houston has two big centers who live in the paint. There will always be someone in there clogging things up. Even for us Howard REFUSED to follow Anderson out of the paint. On offense it's the exact same.

Reke will be surrounded by people who all can shoot and the other team will have to decide whether to leave AD or Ryno or someone else open or allow Reke to drive to the basket.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Webber is one of the better national color guys. JVG, Fratello, and sometimes Hubie are the only national guys I would take over him.

People get so stuck on Tyreke's limitations without acknowleging he is one of the top players in the leafue at something. Offensively he is our 3rd option. If they have to work to take away our third option, that should just make it easier for our first, second, and fourth options.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Yea I do t agree with harden/reke comparisons in that sense. Reke is much more effective at taking his man off the dribble and getting to the hole.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Eman, the radio is not as good as when we had Gerry, but it is still ok. I think that they improved as the season went on and will hopefully be even better next year

I am enjoying these playoffs so far. All of these upsets that are happening shouldn't come as a surprise either. I just hope somebody knocks Miami out before the freakin finals. It's almost certain they will move on because of Indiana's collapse this year.

I don't know much but I do know this. Paul George ain't no superstar and he has two first names

Thread Information