Pelicans Report

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36

Thread: 2014 Playoffs - Geaux CP3

Don't take my word for it. Take the word of everyone from Pops to Duncan to the commentators, to...well you get the idea. The guy is headed for the Paul George level (not Lebron or Durant level). Next year will be an interesting season for him as people will expect the Leonard from the Finals, only year round. Should be fun to see how he does.

That said, Austin Rivers is coming up on his 3rd year. Let's hope he makes that Leonard type jump.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Paul George is an awful #1 option.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Don't take my word for it. Take the word of everyone from Pops to Duncan to the commentators, to...well you get the idea. The guy is headed for the Paul George level (not Lebron or Durant level). Next year will be an interesting season for him as people will expect the Leonard from the Finals, only year round. Should be fun to see how he does.

That said, Austin Rivers is coming up on his 3rd year. Let's hope he makes that Leonard type jump.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post

you are missing the point. I am basing my opinion off of what has been shown. not what anyone else "claims". maybe Leonard will one day SHOW he is a no. 1. but he hasn't yet. Pop or anyone else saying they are trying to make him no. 1 =/= he is one.

which is where the problem is. people are claiming he ALREADY is. he isn't. maybe when the better players retire he will show he is one. but he hasn't yet.

you are missing the point. I am basing my opinion off of what has been shown. not what anyone else "claims". maybe Leonard will one day SHOW he is a no. 1. but he hasn't yet. Pop or anyone else saying they are trying to make him no. 1 =/= he is one.

which is where the problem is. people are claiming he ALREADY is. he isn't. maybe when the better players retire he will show he is one. but he hasn't yet.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kibner View Post
    I'd argue David West is far more of a No. 1 than Paul George. dude disappears . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
    Se la vi, difference of opinion. I say he will be the face of the franchise, and you say maybe one day he be. Seems like we are on the same page here, there is only a difference as to when (I believe he will be the #1 option next season, you say it can't be proven until the big 3 leave). That's fine. I would rather not continue this discussion in this tone as I believe that there are far more interesting subplots than the growth of Leonard.

I wonder who the Spurs will take off of somebody else's bench and turn into a big time player (aka Mills, Green, Diaw). I wonder if there is the potential for another "great train robbery" and move just another piece for a franchise cornerstone (aka hill for Leonard)? Will the Heat learn and go get a real center? Can the Big 3 in Miami take sizable pay cuts to bring in the cure to their ailments?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I'd argue David West is far more of a No. 1 than Paul George. dude disappears . . .
    I think our difference also comes down to what a face of a franchise is as opposed to what a #1 is.

I think our difference also comes down to what a face of a franchise is as opposed to what a #1 is.
    then why are you quoting my post and arguing with me about it? I quoted someone who was not you and was specifically talking about Leonard being a current no. 1 option based off of his finals. I'm not talking about faces of franchises, potential, or anything else.

you quoted my post with a point of contention about Leonard. so either you think he is currently a no. 1 and wanted to discuss or I'm not sure why you got involved with me.

Leonard has potential and is very good. no doubt. I have however seen nothing to think he is a no. 1. maybe one day when the Spurs don't Duncan and crew he will show it. but not yet. I think he's a fine guy who has worked hard and deserves all the success in the world.

2014 Playoffs - Geaux CP3

I don't want to take away from the Spurs victory though. Well deserved and I couldn't be happier. I was pulling hard for them to do just this. Duncan the first starter to ever win in 3 different decades.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 06-16-2014 at 09:13 AM. Reason: yes

Thats crazy. Not a single player on SA's team is making over $10.3 mil, meanwhile Miami's big 3 are all paid over $19mil a pop. No wonder one team was able to fill out its roster with solid players across the board while the other wasn't.

Maybe that's the key, getting players to buy into the system enough where their altruistic nature gets the better of them and they take less than market to build a solid team. I doubt that happens, but we can hope the Pelicans are able to nurture the current core to that point.

Thats crazy. Not a single player on SA's team is making over $10.3 mil, meanwhile Miami's big 3 are all paid over $19mil a pop. No wonder one team was able to fill out its roster with solid players across the board while the other wasn't.

Maybe that's the key, getting players to buy into the system enough where their altruistic nature gets the better of them and they take less than market to build a solid team. I doubt that happens, but we can hope the Pelicans are able to nurture the current core to that point.
    The Big 3 from MIA salary didn't hurt them last year or the one before. It's not the money they made this season that hurt them. It was the disappearances act from 2 of those $19M's players that killed the Heat. Wade and Bosh play like the stars they were when the 3 got together MIA may not win it all, but they don't get beat in 5 either.

While I certainly don't disagree that Wade and Bosh pulled what Manu pulled last year, the previous two years the Heat had more cap room to get effective bench players. This year their salary's shot up and put a strangle hold on any flexibility they had.

Right now the Pels have two guys being paid more than anyone on the Spurs roster (Gordon and Reke), if we could move Gordon I wouldn't necessarily be in a hurry to sign a big name now. I would look to win big this next season, and hope some 2015 free agent will come here on a 10-11 mil deal, and we could afford to build our own core 4.

While I certainly don't disagree that Wade and Bosh pulled what Manu pulled last year, the previous two years the Heat had more cap room to get effective bench players. This year their salary's shot up and put a strangle hold on any flexibility they had.
    What player are the Heat missing they didn't have last year? The only person that wasn't there that played was Mike Miller. The problem IMO was Spoelstra didn't bring Oden or Beasley along enough during the regular season. Clearly coach Spo must not have had any faith, but when you've logged that many mins on your "Big 3" he should have did a better job trying to keep them fresh. Guys that usually are able to space the court Chalmers, Allen, Cole, Lewis, Battier, and Jones either were ineffective or just didn't play.

All that said it comes down to Wade being done. This play from him has been going on too long for me to think it's not who he is now. And Bosh turning into a jump shooting big instead of a guy who looks to create.

Right now the Pels have two guys being paid more than anyone on the Spurs roster (Gordon and Reke), if we could move Gordon I wouldn't necessarily be in a hurry to sign a big name now. I would look to win big this next season, and hope some 2015 free agent will come here on a 10-11 mil deal, and we could afford to build our own core 4.
    Which is why I've never been a fan of over paying guys "just because" you traded for them, you can't get FA any other way, you have the cap space at the moment, etc.

What player are the Heat missing they didn't have last year? The only person that wasn't there that played was Mike Miller. The problem IMO was Spoelstra didn't bring Oden or Beasley along enough during the regular season. Clearly coach Spo must not have had any faith, but when you've logged that many mins on your "Big 3" he should have did a better job trying to keep them fresh. Guys that usually are able to space the court Chalmers, Allen, Cole, Lewis, Battier, and Jones either were ineffective or just didn't play.

All that said it comes down to Wade being done. This play from him has been going on too long for me to think it's not who he is now. And Bosh turning into a jump shooting big instead of a guy who looks to create.

Which is why I've never been a fan of over paying guys "just because" you traded for them, you can't get FA any other way, you have the cap space at the moment, etc.

Thread Information